Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hikari06 Hey man I don't know if question have been asked or posted on the forum.. but is it possible to lets say make WIIu USB Helper and app for wii u to download and install game straight from within the WiiU? Just like how Freeshop works for 3ds...

Also.. how I can fix this?
wiiuhelper.png

Every time i open the program it happens.. and I have to fix it

Last edited by Zerok1ller,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright so I've just checked your dump file and it's not very verbose.
From what I can tell though you are getting a GDI+ exception.
Here are a few things you can try :
Make sure all these domains are accessible :
ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net
tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net
kanzashi-wup.cdn.nintendo.net<- this one in particular
Then try clearing the app's cache in %appdata%/usb_helper
Yeah, I just pulled them from Win 7's default crash handler. A lack of verbosity is to be expected. And although I already tried the steps you mentioned, thanks for the advice anyway. At least the program ran long enough to grab some small files.

...And I just remembered that it's been so long since I last ran a debugger, and with my recent system recoveries, I don't have it anymore. Since I'm a bit busy, I'll look for a good 32 bit one when I have time.

Doesn't help how unfriendly this program is with low resolutions, but at least I have it set up now. There's just about enough room to navigate. :P

Last edited by N7Kopper,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I guess I explained the problem wrong, sorry.

If I select "Update All / Only Latest" - the new Batch Command tries to re-download all of the same updates I already have.
In the older versions, it would ignore the one's I already have.
Ah I see, there was indeed a typo in the code, thanks for noticing!
Yeah, I just pulled them from Win 7's default crash handler. A lack of verbosity is to be expected. And although I already tried the steps you mentioned, thanks for the advice anyway. At least the program ran long enough to grab some small files.

...And I just remembered that it's been so long since I last ran a debugger, and with my recent system recoveries, I don't have it anymore. Since I'm a bit busy, I'll look for a good 32 bit one when I have time.

Doesn't help how unfriendly this program is with low resolutions, but at least I have it set up now. There's just about enough room to navigate. :P
Yeah sorry about that... It's hard to pack everything in a small space. I already have quite a few tabs but the more I add the more confusing it gets. As for the debugger if you could include a heap dump too it might help me.
@Hikari06 Hey man I don't know if question have been asked or posted on the forum.. but is it possible to lets say make WIIu USB Helper and app for wii u to download and install game straight from within the WiiU? Just like how Freeshop works for 3ds...

Also.. how I can fix this?View attachment 72320
Every time i open the program it happens.. and I have to fix it
For the first question yes, it theory it should be possible. That said, I don't have sufficient knowledge of the wiiu sdk to attempt it.
As for the second question are you by any chance using a dpi zoom?

Last edited by Hikari06,

Zerok1ller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first question yes, it theory it should be possible. That said, I don't have sufficient knowledge of the wiiu sdk to attempt it.
As for the second question are you by any chance using a dpi zoom?

oh yes it seems I did.. thanks all fixed

b3l0kk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue with the app. It was working, but the next time I launched it, it would not load just error out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. but it would not uninstall. Where does the program actually install to (Folder wise) So I can manually delete it?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Having an issue with the app. It was working, but the next time I launched it, it would not load just error out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. but it would not uninstall. Where does the program actually install to (Folder wise) So I can manually delete it?
The app is installed in %localappdata%/apps/2.0/__/__/wiiu..tion____
You should first clear the cache in %appdata%/usb_helper
What error are you getting by the way?

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So no matter what I do with the settings for this program... a few seconds after booting up the program every single time it crashes saying that this program has stopped working. I can't even use it and I have no idea what to try to make it work. Please help?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So no matter what I do with the settings for this program... a few seconds after booting up the program every single time it crashes saying that this program has stopped working. I can't even use it and I have no idea what to try to make it work. Please help?
First try clearing the cache in %appdata%/usb_helper
If that does not work please make a dump file and send it for me so I can identify the source of your issue.
(Let the app crash, do not close it and then dump the memory)
crash.png

b3l0kk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Application cannot start contact vendor... here are the details

SOURCES
Deployment url : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Lock timeout exception.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/17/2016 5:16:01 PM] : Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/17/2016 5:18:01 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (LockTimeout)
- Lock timeout exception.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.LockedFile.AcquireLock(String path, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean writer)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.RefreshStorePointer()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Where is %appdata%?
Just paste this in explorer and it will open the correct folder since it depends on your user name.
Application cannot start contact vendor... here are the details

SOURCES
Deployment url : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Lock timeout exception.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/17/2016 5:16:01 PM] : Activation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kazegaya/wiiu/master/deploy/WiiU_USB_Helper.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/17/2016 5:18:01 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (LockTimeout)
- Lock timeout exception.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.LockedFile.AcquireLock(String path, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean writer)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.RefreshStorePointer()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
The issue is coming from the installer and not the application itself.
Can you try renaming the Apps folder in %localappdata% to Apps.old and then reinstall the app?

b3l0kk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have tried reinstalling, but it would get to 100% and would do nothing. The app won't start at all. The install window would sit there. I have waited 20 mins and nothing would happen.

Edit: USB_Helper folder is not even there in roaming

b3l0kk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done the renaming and made a new Apps folder.. its doing the same thing

I found the issue... its Smart Screen thats stopping it from working. The Smart Screen warning was not popping up. I end the task in task manger and it finished installing properly. I am on Windows 10 Preview build 14986.

wannabiimii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whenever i enter the title key website or use my own tickets the program stops working and then closes please help

b3l0kk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to game updates, do you have to install all of them in order or just go to the latest and install that?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have done the renaming and made a new Apps folder.. its doing the same thing

I found the issue... its Smart Screen thats stopping it from working. The Smart Screen warning was not popping up. I end the task in task manger and it finished installing properly. I am on Windows 10 Preview build 14986.
I'm glad you found the issue :)
whenever i enter the title key website or use my own tickets the program stops working and then closes please help
Are you by any chance blocking nus servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!