• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a... Speculation time! :hrth:
What do you think that will come in next Cemu release?

Also, it's time to improve the emulator for ZBotW day-1 support :yayswitch:
He already noted what we're getting. I doubt it'll be that big in terms of compatibility as he hasn't noted any huge games yet, and those also might just take longer for an update to happen. I wouldn't expect any big graphically fixes either considering it's also focused on performance stuff.

Reactions: shideravan

Xeron21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope that in Cemu 1.7.1 Twilight Princess audio will be finally fixed :)

This game is running on my computer almost in the same speed as her Gamecube or Wii version in Dolphin :P

Reactions: shideravan

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I am not senile, I am a "Star Trek" Vulcan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh well, when you want to help, and some people wont accept it, so be it (I don't care), I am happy that for me works, I don't know all those things works, didn't test all individually, but I think many are working (60% - 80&).
And I'm thinking to keep to my self, all my test's.
And Cemu is old enough to give us Online play for Xenoblade.
And to bad I didn't see the true end for Xenosaga "4-6 eps canceled".

OK, soo.. You're a child then? Y'see, Star Trek isn't real and Vulcan's are just a fictional race.

As for not accepting your post, of course we're not accepting. NONE of those parameters you quote are recognized by CEMU, so it's pointless to try to use them.

As for XCX and online play. 1. CEMU isn't old enough for online play yet, and 2. Exzap has said many times, he is NOT going to implement any kind of online play, at all. To do so would get him shut down by Nintendo in very short order.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got less bloom and reduced noise working same time in xenoblade (AMD)?

when i apply the reduced bloom patch, the reduced noise setting stops to work. Anyone got both to work same time?

hanbrujo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a strange bug in Xenoblade X (when >720p)
mirrored image, above left
tried 1440p - the same .. only 720p - normal

this bug shows sometimes - not constant

View attachment 76291

another problem after changing resolution
the screen for change data probe - doesnt suit
View attachment 76292

how get that screen map playing? am lvl 11 blade 2

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
any official news about cemu 1.7.1?
Cemu 1.7.1 will release on 2nd February for 5$+ Patrons and a week later for everyone else.

For this update we prioritized performance, bug fixing and compatibility.

JIT Recompiler speed ups (Faster CPU emulation)

1.7.1 will come with improvements to the PowerPC recompiler. Since CPU emulation is the most taxing part of Cemu, all games benefit from these optimizations to some degree.

To put things into perspective, I did a bunch of quick FPS comparisons (1.7.0d versus 1.7.1) on my Laptop (i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, GTX 670MX, 8 GB RAM)

Here are the results (all numbers are in frames per second):

- Pikmin 3 title screen: 16-17 to 30 (fullspeed)
- Mario Kart 8 (Grand Prix): 38-43 to 38-45
- Wind Waker HD (Outset Island): 16-18 to 28-30
- NES Remix Pack: 11-12 to 21-22

As you can see from these numbers, some games (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD) got an immense FPS boost while other games only see slight improvements. Not all games are limited solely by CPU emulation speed, so the results aren't that suprising.

As it is with all performance optimizations, whether you see huge FPS gains or not depends on your hardware setup.

Noteworthy bug fixes so far

Touch input in Twilight Princess HD is now working
Several recompiler related crash fixes (for example, the YWW parcel crash is fixed)
No more slowdowns if inactive/unplugged controllers are configured
Fixed a few graphic pack related crash bugs
Plus more!

Compatibility

Internally, we made some progress by improving support for some rarely used Cafe OS features. Based on early tests, it looks like QUBE is now working, Don't Starve Giant Edition almost goes ingame and Devil's Third goes up to the intro screen. Since there is still development time left, we hope to get at least 1-2 more games booting.

VRAM usage reduction

Originally we announced reduced VRAM consumption for 1.7.0 but it ended up causing unexpected issues. Currently, we are still ironing out the bugs. Hopefully this should be ready for 1.7.1.

SanchezCraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cemu 1.7.1 will release on 2nd February for 5$+ Patrons and a week later for everyone else.

1.7.1 will come with improvements to the PowerPC recompiler. Since CPU emulation is the most taxing part of Cemu, all games benefit from these optimizations to some degree.

To put things into perspective, I did a bunch of quick FPS comparisons (1.7.0d versus 1.7.1) on my Laptop (i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, GTX 670MX, 8 GB RAM)

As you can see from these numbers, some games (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD) got an immense FPS boost while other games only see slight improvements. Not all games are limited solely by CPU emulation speed, so the results aren't that suprising.

As it is with all performance optimizations, whether you see huge FPS gains or not depends on your hardware setup.

Several recompiler related crash fixes (for example, the YWW parcel crash is fixed)
Plus more!

Compatibility

Internally, we made some progress by improving support for some rarely used Cafe OS features. Based on early tests, it looks like QUBE is now working, Don't Starve Giant Edition almost goes ingame and Devil's Third goes up to the intro screen. Since there is still development time left, we hope to get at least 1-2 more games booting.

VRAM usage reduction

Originally we announced reduced VRAM consumption for 1.7.0 but it ended up causing unexpected issues. Currently, we are still ironing out the bugs. Hopefully this should be ready for 1.7.1.
thanks for the info man!

Gundark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With these optimizations and bug fixes I hope YWW will be the next SM3DW. I'm excited again. @NiagA, can you try XCX? If we could see the same improvements as with Pikimin that would be awesome, but it's more likely that it will be in the same range as MK8 as it's graphicaly intensive game.

DrDizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
That's some REALLY impressive improvements in 1.7.1 for the JIT Recompiler.

Good news especially for those who prefer using laptops over desktop PCs. It's easier to find a laptop with a decent enough GPU than a CPU clocked high enough to run Cemu smoothly, at least for mid- to low demanding titles.

Silvio Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Plus more!

Compatibility

VRAM usage reduction

Caramba, nem sabia que tinha BR trabalhando no Cemu.
Enfim.. Sabe se a escuridão do Smash 4 estará corrigida nessa versão ?

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Exzap: Hm, since I updated my graphics driver (Nvidia GeForce 378.49 WHQL) Cemu seems to re-generate the shader cache for games every time I boot them up. It takes a loooong time for some games. First I thought it was just the first time after installing a new driver maybe, but it seems to be on every game boot now :/

EDIT: Well, not every boot, but I'm pretty sure it was more than once for one and the same game after installing the new driver. Under which conditions does Cemu rebuild the shader cache?

Last edited by StripTheSoul,
Reactions: JOHN30011887

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN