Launch Gamecube/Wii games through Wii-U best resolution

punkjah007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been on a quest to figure out how to play Gamecube games with the best possible resolution. I was originally using USBLoader which worked fine, but that ran through the vWii (not the Wii-U interface) and the best possible output/resolution the Wii (or vWii) allows is 480p (progressive). I will admit this looks better than the original gamecube for sure. but the Wii-U has the capability to output 1080p. Recently I figured out how to make Gamecube injects for my modded Wii-U and while it is very nice to be able to run games from the Wii-U home menu it still uses Nintendont, which runs from the vWii so it is at best still 480p. My question is - is there a way to run nintendont through the Wii-U homebrew and not the vWii homebrew?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been on a quest to figure out how to play Gamecube games with the best possible resolution. I was originally using USBLoader which worked fine, but that ran through the vWii (not the Wii-U interface) and the best possible output/resolution the Wii (or vWii) allows is 480p (progressive). I will admit this looks better than the original gamecube for sure. but the Wii-U has the capability to output 1080p. Recently I figured out how to make Gamecube injects for my modded Wii-U and while it is very nice to be able to run games from the Wii-U home menu it still uses Nintendont, which runs from the vWii so it is at best still 480p. My question is - is there a way to run nintendont through the Wii-U homebrew and not the vWii homebrew?
Simply, no. It is a wii homebrew.

Reactions: jeannotte

punkjah007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i figured. Too bad. Dolphin seems to run my old games the sharpest. I have noticed Nintendo has been remastering many older games for switch. I wish they would hurry up with their gamecube library. HD online multiplayer Agent Under Fire would be a very appreciated item. Skies of Arcadia would be another good remaster as well. Guess we'll just have to wait for it. Thanks!

Reactions: Lostbhoy

megahog2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That or if Hagi (The emulator running Super Mario Sunshine and Pikmin 1&2) research results to were as we could run custom ISOs

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the aroma plugin wiivc launch, you can set Wii/GameCube injections to output at 480p, either Widescreen or 4:3. Keep in mind, dolphin will look better because it is boosting the internal resolution along with using other graphical packs.

If you wanted to use your loader again, you could create a 480p fowarder with wii2vwii, and boot up usb loader gx or wiiflow that way. The downside is you will lose the use of the gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto