Wii homebrew displaying with incorrect aspect ratio

Error52

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So Wii homebrew on vWii has a tendency to display 4:3 content stretched out. Not quite to full 16:9, but definitely enough to introduce ugly-vision. For example, launching Trauma Center: Second Opinion, a 4:3 game, via the stock Wii Disc Channel will boot the game up in the correct aspect ratio. This also goes for virtual console games. But if I load them through something like TinyLoad, or USBLoaderGX, it stretches.

I've tried enabling "Wii U Widescreen" in USBLoader, which does set the screen to 4:3, but it undoes itself whenever I quit a game and back out into the loader which is annoying. The "Force 4:3" option doesn't work, either. I did try setting the Wii U's output to 480p, which did force everything into 4:3, but that gives me the opposite problem where now I can't run anything in widescreen.

Edit: I'm on a PAL system, if that matters. The Framebuffer option in USBLoader doesn't work either.

Last edited by Error52,

Blackpeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
North American player here: Finally, someone else having this issue! I really hope someone figures this out for us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto