ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excuse me...could you help me with my thing...because when i tried to play my game again...the saved file was already corrupted....how can i fix this...thank you...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lynxure said:
excuse me...could you help me with my thing...because when i tried to play my game again...the saved file was already corrupted....how can i fix this...thank you...
Sorry meant to respond to your PM but I forgot.
I'm not sure if its possible to fix corrupted saves or not... but try turning off any cheats if you have them on.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Narin said:
I added a cheat to the cheat database that allows you to the the wifi tower customizations all throughout the game.

holy. alright, before i go crash boom bang, it's for the original rom right? and does the cheat sort of stick (ie, turn it on, play, save, turn it off, still there)? or do i have to keep the codes on to see the changes? because i kinda prefer if it sticks. that would mean i can play the patched rom and not need to do the code anymore.

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i dont have any cheats here because its my first ime playing this...but stilll thi problem still occur..do you think its better if i change my rom??

frote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the quest in the Geffen Bridge, after the first time in Geffen
I talk to a npc but it still in Japanese!!!! What should I do?
Is the patch bug or someting? I downloaded the latest patch.

Please Help ME!!! Thanks.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
frote said:

If you took 5-10 minutes to look around the thread, you'd notice that the patch isn't 100% translated.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frote said:

Yeah, that file isn't done yet. Also, Ottar is a PAIN to translate for lol. Just an FYI though, you need a Stem, Poison Spore, and a Trunk to continue. Have fun!

Oh, Twiz? I got the title graphic extracted and pieced together finally. ROYAL PAIN, you owe me.
smile.gif

Regulus13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey not sure if this has been noticed yet, but i was just playing and picked up a claytos cracked armor and went to check my menu and it crashed not really sure exactly what happend

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
frote said:
Thank you very much artlan.
How far is this game already translated??

I'm kinda curious about this as well. The latest patch notes say some quest data has been translated, but the translation percentages have stayed the same over several patches now. Has the script translation been stalled?

ps. Just to make this clear... I'm not trying to nag or tell you guys to hurry up... I was just curious. I'm glad someone took this project up so keep up the good work. i like the way the script has been translated so far... more personal than the official translations most of the time are.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
frote said:
i like the way the script has been translated so far... more personal than the official translations most of the time are.

there are times that the translated scripts are funny specially on the swearing part at the beginning. I restarted my game but I dont have any cheats on it so no more instant lv.99 characters.

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
amatsusah said:
i think they are improving the patch stability so it wont crash so much, so thats why, and so its already said a few times that the translation team is short on people so the translation takes slow progress...
lecture.gif

aha... must have read the thread too fast then and missed that... anyway thanks for the info

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
Narin said:
I added a cheat to the cheat database that allows you to the the wifi tower customizations all throughout the game.holy. alright, before i go crash boom bang, it's for the original rom right? and does the cheat sort of stick (ie, turn it on, play, save, turn it off, still there)? or do i have to keep the codes on to see the changes? because i kinda prefer if it sticks. that would mean i can play the patched rom and not need to do the code anymore.Correct. The Code for Mirage Tower will -only- work for the original ROM for now.
The code will have to be re-written for use with the patch. But since the patch changes things, it makes more sense to wait.
I highly doubt that loading up the original ROM, using the cheat, saving loading up the patched ROM will work.

frote said:
Please Help ME!!! Thanks.Learn Japanese.
tongue.gif

artlan said:
Just an FYI though, you need a Stem, Poison Spore, and a Trunk to continue. Have fun!I have updated the Quest Info for that quest.
Changed it from "Gather the items for Vislic" to "Gather Stem, Trunk and Poison Spore for Vislic"
artlan said:
Oh, Twiz? I got the title graphic extracted and pieced together finally. ROYAL PAIN, you owe me.
smile.gif
Thank you!!
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

Regulus13 said:
hey not sure if this has been noticed yet, but i was just playing and picked up a claytos cracked armor and went to check my menu and it crashed not really sure exactly what happendThe name is too long... Or the Description.
If you still have it, could you test something for me?
Open up the Item menu, go to the Equipment tab.
Scroll through the pages till you see the armor but DO NOT select it, then Exit the menu.
Then do it again, but this time select the item and exit the menu.
Let me know if you crash on viewing the name or the description.

QUOTE(ZANZAROTH @ Feb 8 2009, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE(frote @ Feb 8 2009, 11:26 AM)
How far is this game already translated??
I'm kinda curious about this as well. The latest patch notes say some quest data has been translated, but the translation percentages have stayed the same over several patches now. Has the script translation been stalled?

ps. Just to make this clear... I'm not trying to nag or tell you guys to hurry up... I was just curious. I'm glad someone took this project up so keep up the good work. i like the way the script has been translated so far... more personal than the official translations most of the time are.
The thing is, there's two sets of scripts.
Story Scripts (d0000~d1306, 190 files, 808KB) and the Quest Scripts (s0001b~s0110h, 631 files, 2.66MB).
Everything else -discounting graphics- makes up 102 files, 522.2KB
The %age table on the first post reflect the progress of the Story Scripts only.
Parts of the 'story' remain untranslated since the Story and Quest scripts are separate from each other.
The project has not been stalled, we just need more translators.

QUOTE(megawalk @ Feb 8 2009, 09:19 AM)
i wonder one thing since ragnarok is global...
would it get localized ?
heh doesn't matter as for now.
keep up the good work crew!
smile.gif
No official word yet.

Sorry for double posting.
Would not fit in a single.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit