ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

m_alencar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I know the English official version has been released, but I've been playing with the patched version for a while now, and can't use my jap save on the eng version, so I was wondering if you guys would, now that the translation is complete, also complete your patch. I've talked to a couple of friends who also own the patched version and none of us would like to lose our saves.

So, puh-lease, would you complete your patch?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m_alencar said:
Well, I know the English official version has been released, but I've been playing with the patched version for a while now, and can't use my jap save on the eng version, so I was wondering if you guys would, now that the translation is complete, also complete your patch. I've talked to a couple of friends who also own the patched version and none of us would like to lose our saves.

Congratz on making the most absurd request I've seen today.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m_alencar said:

The translation won't be finished... but what you could do is:
1). Unpack the (U) ROM with DSBuff
2). Copy the files that contain text
3). Delete the (U) ROM files
4). Unpack the (J) ROM (Preferably the patched one)
5). Copy the (U)'s text files over the (J) text files
6). Pack the (J) ROM with DSBuff

I'm NOT sure if this will work... it's VERY possible that the files won't be compatible with eachother.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well in some games something like that worked fine , if i may remind you that the suikoden game was undubed this way , by exchanging the text files in the jp versio and it worked so dont lose youre hope maybe it will work for this game as well . oh right also on ds-scene there are guys that know how to rehack the jp save to work for the us version , as i know its possible you should go there and ask or do it here maybe someone will help you .

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
That recalls me some tricks with EXE 5 DS...ah old times...
Yes save somehow doesn't work...strange because many games worked that way
It's only guess but probably we would have to "hack" save for names of characters and check/change for japan symbols existing and if so, change them to ASCII letters ("normal" ones
tongue.gif
)
It's only a guess once again

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well yeah it would be something like this , or even easier i saw that the saves has the game ID in it , so its maybe a simple change of the game ID , but its just a wild guess .

m_alencar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All right, guys. I've officially given up on my old save and just started a new one. I've decided to make some changes but I guess everything I've got in the jap file is in the game and I'll just find a way to get them again, as annoying as that may be. Thanks for the help, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...