Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
twiztidsinz said:
Morgawr said:
Shouldn't the name be Ragnarok Online DS? I don't want to be annoying or something, but the real name of the game is Ragnarok Online DS :\
That's true.
I personally didn't think it would look as good with "ONLINE" stuffed in there as well.
Also, I think Ragnarok DS is more of a fitting, and accurate, name for the game.
Besides, look at the official (Yes, DS but its the same as the PC one) logo:
ragnarok_logo.gif

It says RAGNAROK in big attention-grabbing letters, with "Ragnarok Online" in small letters below.
I was trying to match the look and feel of the Japanese logo for the DS.
You're more than welcome to make a logo yourself and submit it.

Heh I know, I'm not complaining, you're doing an excellent job! For me it's the same, you could even call it "odkaoweioeira DS" and it'd still be the same for me... I just know that there are some whiny people that, over time, may start complaining because it misses that "ONLINE"... For me, I don't care and it's perfect as it is XD

ps: I can't do s*** with photoshop so I call myself out of this
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
Heh I know, I'm not complaining, you're doing an excellent job! For me it's the same, you could even call it "odkaoweioeira DS" and it'd still be the same for me... I just know that there are some whiny people that, over time, may start complaining because it misses that "ONLINE"... For me, I don't care and it's perfect as it is XD

ps: I can't do s*** with photoshop so I call myself out of this
tongue.gif
I did a little looking on http://dafont.com/ today and found a font that I think I like and would fit the whole "RAGNAROK ONLINE" while looking good.
When I get some more time I'll see if I can make a mock-up of the logo.

QUOTE(thebuster2005 @ Feb 9 2009, 10:29 AM) hi, thx for making patch for this game my only problem is that when i start RO ds rom patched game with my supercard it was just pure white it stayed like that forever please help T_T
I do not have a supercard so I cannot test it out.
Only thing I can suggest is to make sure that you're using the latest firmware for your card.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
thebuster2005 said:
hi, thx for making patch for this game my only problem is that when i start RO ds rom patched game with my supercard it was just pure white it stayed like that forever please help T_T
First of all, don't double post. Second, you probably patched it wrong, so try again.

JERAZiK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anubis said:
templatecopykt7.png

There, I hope it's good
frown.gif
Pffhahahahaha!! XD

Just droppin' by again to let you know that I appreciate all the effort twiztidsinz and his staff for working on this project. Everything seems to be going very well.

quikshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebuster2005 said:
hi, thx for making patch for this game my only problem is that when i start RO ds rom patched game with my supercard it was just pure white it stayed like that forever please help T_T
Buster the problem is with the patching. Sometimes the patching stops and is interrupted. It should be around 100MB. If it's not and around 48 (which ive gotten before) you're patching was interrupted, or you patched a RO file that was already patched. Don't load too many cheats, because if you did, that could also be ther problem.

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Srry for double posting, but I did not put any cheats in the patch so i have no idea why it stayed white and it also have 98.7Mb so I'm pretty sure it was not interrupted. Help again pls and thx

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe I have the new firmware because I just got my supercard last month but I'll check just in case. Also just to make sure, what programs do i need to play RO ds rom patched. thx for helping me

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does any1 have the same problem as me.... when I open Ro patched even the normal Ro (not patched) my screen load then turn white and stayed white the whole time... pls help sry if this is annoying asking help but I really wanted to play this game badly I'm Ro fan
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
^^ Your updates are really quick, what percentage would you say has been translated?Overall.... less than 25%.
The game is VERY playable, you just miss the story/quest scripts.
You can work your way through the game by viewing the Quest Info page.

thebuster2005 said:
Does any1 have the same problem as me.... when I open Ro patched even the normal Ro (not patched) my screen load then turn white and stayed white the whole time... pls help sry if this is annoying asking help but I really wanted to play this game badly I'm Ro fan
smile.gif
you'll probably get better answers here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=92
Since the original and patched are causing problems, I would guess its your ROM/Card.

Download a CRC Checker (I use CRC-Check) and verify the file.
File Name: [3161] Ragnarok Online (J).nds
Size: 134217728 bytes
CRC32: B615C244
md5: e1877bb033d62835f5ca76dc8875146e

Copy/Paste this into a text editor (notepad works) and save it as [3161] Ragnarok Online (J).sfv in the folder with your ROM.CODE
; Using CRC-Check V1.2U on 10-Feb-2009 at 00:01:31
; http://maxtools.100megsfree5.com/
;
[3161] Ragnarok Online (J).nds B615C244
Rename your UNpatched ROM to [3161] Ragnarok Online (J).nds
Open the SFV file (make it open with your CRC check program) to verify

wakarukaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just a heads up that the quest scripts that are posted have been translated, but not checked for length. They may also need some contextual editing, since I haven't been testing or played the game yet.

Apologies if this isn't a good place to notify the team about this. The translation chat has been pretty barren lately...

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wakarukaya said:
Apologies if this isn't a good place to notify the team about this. The translation chat has been pretty barren lately...
Probably the best way would be to leave a comment on the first page of the translation spreadsheet.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the files needed to make the WiFi menu appear in English, but there are some small problems with the top screen (there are more Japanese files than English).
Menu.png
Options.png
Info.png

================================================================================

WiFi_Step1.png
WiFi_Step2.png
WiFi_Step3.png

================================================================================

USB_Step2.png
USB_Step3.png
This is mostly fixed. (2009-02-10)

quikshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job twiz. So fair the project's going on great^^. Although, you might want to agree, the wifi isn't as cool as i thought it would be. I expected to be able to trade with people etc. But then again...it is a nds game^^

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
^^ Your updates are really quick, what percentage would you say has been translated?

I know your question has already been answered, but I wanted to clarify something for everyone else as well
smile.gif

Like we've said before, a lot of the "in between" text is housed in Quest Scripts... but here's something I don't know if anyone's explained yet... the quest files aren't exactly in "order". Well, they are, but not how everyone here would WANT them to be
smile.gif

For example, quests 1-4 are the first 4 quests from the Prontera Pub. Makes sense, right? Quest 5 is that now infamous "gateway to Geffen" one everyone had heart attacks over... 6-19 are other various pub and story ones... and 20 is the nest TRUE block of untranslated text everyone hits after the Geffen Bridge on the way to the Mines. So even though we're translating along and going through the quests, we can translate a LOT of files... and still not hit the next chronological spot. (Case in point, I just finished going over the translation Waka did for quest 8, which deals with Glast Heim and saving a forest, but still haven't hit anything for the Geffen 'storyline' )

Just a little FYI for anyone curious.

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GOOD NEWS well for me anyway, I can play RO ds rom patched now LOLZ!!!! I just redownload all programs in my supercard and presto!!! i can play it..... I just want to ask how to put cheats in the game.... step by step procedure will be greatly appreciated... thx again twiztidsinz

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new to the community and I also have a question, sorry if it is already asked but I couldn't seem to find it in this post.

Okay, so does anyone know how to update a patch? like for future reference, let's say a new patch is released in the next few weeks, how would I update the current patch that I'm using to the new translation patch? (but without corrupting the game save files or anything like that of course...which is, um, possible right?)

okay many thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: