Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26

logo_ndirect.png

Today Nintendo announced a Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26.

Catch a new Nintendo Direct on Feb. 26 at 7 a.m. PT celebrating 20 years of Pokémon!

:arrow:Official Site

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
There's the Codename Rainbow/Niji leak, that has been confirmed by a Nintendo source apparently, but it's not known if that's a Pokemon game or not. Of course, Pokemon Rainbow would be too good of an idea, so obviously Gamefreak wouldn't make it. We're probably going to be stuck with Pokemon Z, an enhanced edition of the worst Pokemon games. Woo.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must remmeber that on Twitter they said "Big Pokémon News is Coming", so, I don't think it will be just a commemorative Direct

What about "Pokémon Red Z & Pokémon Blue Z", who is with me? Red (Pokémon Red & Pokemon Y) Blue (Pokémon Blue & Pokémon X), 2 years after events of Pokémon X/Y and after beating Kalos Champion (Serena/Calm), we'll got a letter from Professor Oak, and a Ticket for a plane, or a train?, to Kanto (Kanto -> Kalos, someone? :D) hahaha all these dream are just that, dreams T- T

You must also remember that when it comes to anything they always classify it as "big" that's just a Nintendo cliche nowadays. The last E3 was the same way, "Hey guys, we got some big announcements!" Only to be thoroughly disappointed by anything other than maybe Star Fox.

As for the other thing, that sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. As it is I have my cards on the table for project Niji being revealed as a Gen 1 remake. Will I be wrong? Almost definitely. Will I care to much? Not really.

There's the Codename Rainbow/Niji leak, that has been confirmed by a Nintendo source apparently, but it's not known if that's a Pokemon game or not. Of course, Pokemon Rainbow would be too good of an idea, so obviously Gamefreak wouldn't make it. We're probably going to be stuck with Pokemon Z, an enhanced edition of the worst Pokemon games. Woo.

I believe the leak/rumor said that Niji was the code name for the Pokemon 20th Anniversary game. It was said to be directly Pokemon related, and for the 3DS on the list, it wasn't just titled Niji. One the other hand, it's nice to see people hate X/Y as much as I do. Which is one reason I'm not TOO excited for anything revolving around Z, Kalos, or Zygarde. Unless they can thoroughly impress me with it.

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,
Reactions: Chary

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The leak said something along the lines of "Rainbow is just a code name, do not attach any meaning to it".

Reactions: Queno138

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
You must also remember that when it comes to anything they always classify it as "big" that's just a Nintendo cliche nowadays. The last E3 was the same way, "Hey guys, we got some big announcements!" Only to be thoroughly disappointed by anything other than maybe Star Fox.

But com'on it's Pokémon 20 Anniv. they can't just say "Big News" and give us Detective Pikachu hahahahaha

As for the other thing, that sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. As it is I have my cards on the table for project Niji being revealed as a Gen 1 remake. Will I be wrong? Almost definitely. Will I care to much? Not really.
yeah, I know xDD and... Gen 1 Remake wouldn't be a good move to announce it one day before Gen 1 VC, but humm, we'll see on Friday

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But com'on it's Pokémon 20 Anniv. they can't just say "Big News" and give us Detective Pikachu hahahahaha

yeah, I know xDD and... Gen 1 Remake wouldn't be a good move to announce it one day before Gen 1 VC, but humm, we'll see on Friday

This is supposed to be a worldwide thing, so I doubt Detective Pikachu will even be mentioned seeing as how it's already released in Japan. I see what you mean, however at the same time that may also increase sales of VC GB titles for R/B/G/Y because people may want to "get ready" for the new games by refreshing their memories on the old. Plus, they're pretty cheap if I can remember correctly, hardly enough to put a dent in the average consumer's wallet. Nonetheless, I get what you mean, but yeah we'll just have to wait and see what Friday holds. Here's hoping that, whether it be confirmation on what project Niji is, Pokemon Z or whatever they'll call it, or anything else they could possibly toss onto the table, it's something worthwhile. Not getting my hopes to high though, it's always best to set the bar pretty low before a major announcement.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn trademark leak, I wished I didn't see that. Other than that, that was so vague. I don't know if it's a new generation or not. So this means tradition and looking at past releases is out the window. As in 5 games per generation (3 and 4), the sequel games (Gen 5), and what seemed like going back to the 5 games this generation, here comes two new games. That sure does make guessing more interesting.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...Pokemon Z, an enhanced edition of the worst Pokemon games. Woo.

How is that the worst generation? Tons of Pokémon to catch. Mega-Evolutions, a new type of Pokémon.
For me Gen VI was definitely good. If I was to talk about a bad gen would be Gen III, there is so much water I get utterly bored "oh, let me surf 4 routes straight just encountering Tentacools, and when lucky a Tentacruel". Gen III is definitely the worst.

My thoughts exactly.

e61c4c73343a3ef786191e712f5e4d87.jpg
\

Seventh Gen announced and you're let down?

Last edited by VMM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: oh shiz something could be happening