Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26

logo_ndirect.png

Today Nintendo announced a Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26.

Catch a new Nintendo Direct on Feb. 26 at 7 a.m. PT celebrating 20 years of Pokémon!

:arrow:Official Site

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Yes. They did. However, on the other hand this is pokemons big 20. Not only that but it's a direct. I just don't think they would make it disappointing. It's either

1) Pokemon Rainbow
2) First Gen remakes + Green remake for the U.S
3) Gen 6.5
4) Gen 7
Green remake for US? Sooo... LeafGreen?
Rainbow won't happen, 6.5 miiiight, Gen 7 miiiiiiight.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they dedicate a direct to disappointment is what I'm trying to understand.

It's not that they intentionally dedicate something to disappointment, it's that they think they're ideas are great, but the community doesn't. I'm sure they thought the last E3 would go over swimmingly, but we all know how that ended.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If done correctly, it can be done well. However, purely from a hardware standpoint and seeing as how OR/AS and X/Y are about 2G each, that'd make a really large game (File size) and that's not something I could see for a long while unless they either released it for the Wii U, or, God forbid, they make some sort of MMO that included everything.
There'd be terrible balancing issues so they'd either have to force the player to restart with new Pokes every region (which defeats the point of having them all in one game), or raise the level cap, which would create all kinds of issues since they'd need more moves to learn, etc. The meta in Pokemon is already screwed as it is, heavy modifications to the formula would mess it up even more. Then there's the whole problem with communication - Pokemon could be transferred TO Rainbow but not FROM Rainbow, which would cause massive salt from 90% of the fandom.
Not to mention Game Freak tends to be incompetent and sucks at optimizing games - a production of this magnitude by them would be a complete disaster.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that they intentionally dedicate something to disappointment, it's that they think they're ideas are great, but the community doesn't. I'm sure they thought the last E3 would go over swimmingly, but we all know how that ended.
I was thinking as much. Normally the community gets too over hyped about things which is what leads to disappointment. I've already been affected by that cancer though. It's too late for me. Save your selfs.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
F*ck Pokemon Z.
If they gonna make Pokemon Z and it'll be the exact same game but with few tweaks then I'm gonna go to japan to Gamefreak HQ and slap each individual.
If it's a sequel, like B2W2 was, just not separated in two versions then I'll be okay with it. But I'd prefer Gen 7 at this point.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There'd be terrible balancing issues so they'd either have to force the player to restart with new Pokes every region (which defeats the point of having them all in one game), or raise the level cap, which would create all kinds of issues since they'd need more moves to learn, etc. The meta in Pokemon is already screwed as it is, heavy modifications to the formula would mess it up even more. Then there's the whole problem with communication - Pokemon could be transferred TO Rainbow but not FROM Rainbow, which would cause massive salt from 90% of the fandom.
Not to mention Game Freak tends to be incompetent and sucks at optimizing games - a production of this magnitude by them would be a complete disaster.

Precisely, honestly the way I could see them balancing out something like that is to limit the player to two regions per save file. Pick your starting region, do the stuff and what have you, then you get the option to get on a boat and go to one additional region before having to restart. That takes care of the level limits, and meta changes that don't have to be adjusted for a higher level cap.

As for transferring to and from, why not just toss everything into the bank for transferring? That way, let's say you take your Lucario from Rainbow, toss it in the bank, now it can be used in X/Y. Pokemon like Magearna would have a lock on them that prevents the transferring into anything before it's time.

Also, that's exactly what I meant by hardware limitations. I honestly don't think Game Freak can deal with it without massive problems, especially considering the 3DS' limitations.

This is all hypothetical, though. As I don't see Niji being a game involving all of them. At most, I'd expect a Gen 1 remake (20th anniv, colors = rainbow logic, nostalgia, money grubbing from older fans, etc. etc.). At least, I'm expecting the final Gen 6 game, as I don't see Gen 7 being a thing just yet.

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,

JunpeiIroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Z version, pokken tournament information, and a suprise reveal of either a official english translation of pokemon green for the original gameboy for the eshop or a suprise reveal of a official english translation of pokemon trading card game 2 for gameboy color on the eshop.
Why would they translate Green? It's like people don't realize how shit the original JP red and green are.

I'd say it's more likely we get Detective Pikachu.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's like people don't realize how shit the original JP red and green are.

They probably didn't know that US-Red and US-Blue is made using JP-Blue engine (redone maps, removal of game breaking glitches, improved graphics and sounds),
but using JP-Red and JP-Green encounter list.

Last edited by Queno138,
Reactions: chartube12

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
5 minutes is pleanty to show a new game.

Pokemon X and Y segment had 3 minutes, the rest was dedicated to how the Pokemon series evolved.

OR/AS had a 30 second reveal trailer. Lol

Pokemon Go won't be shown, they already said to wait till March for that for more information. Expect it to be a mainline game, nothing else can be considered 'big news is coming' stated by the Pokemon twitter account if Pokemon GO isn't there.

Last edited by heartgold,

JunpeiIroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 mintues is pleanty to show a new game.

Pokemon X and Y segment had 3 minutes, the rest was dedicated to how the Pokemon series evolved.

OR/AS had a 30 second reveal trailer. Lol

Pokemon Go won't be shown, they already said to wait till March for that for more information. Expect it to be a mainline game, nothing else can be considered 'big news is coming' stated by the Pokemon twitter account if Pokemon GO isn't there.

"Wait until March"
It's 3 days until march. That's close enough.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. They can "force" you to change Pokemon for each region until the last one. Last one can be new or existing region where you can use all your Pokémon or they can simply raise the level cap without adding new moves. Pokemon transfer will just get their levels knot back down due to the level caps of the other games and they can go as far as to remember your Pokémon levels from Rainbow, if you decided to trade them back or someone else with Rainbow.

They could program the whole game to rebalance (with reason) by the strength of all your Pokémon (day care, party, box, etc). Using strong Pokémon from the beginning due to trading wouldn't suddenly bring other Pokémon in the area to level 50 or trading your strong Pokemon at the end wouldn't drop the those Pokémon to level 5.

At least one region can be a post game option.

Edit:

Last edited by KingVamp,

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
that's what Serebii says, I know, but I can't found the source of this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If we make some sense, we got a "leak" of Pokémon 20ª Anniversary Game... so, it's probable, if not for sure, that it will be all about Pokémon "Niji", like the PKMN Direct from X/Y some years ago, thinking that 27 it's the anniversary day. It's more a hope thank nothing

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
5.) Nothing.
For all we know it's five minutes of a nostalgia train.
You must remmeber that on Twitter they said "Big Pokémon News is Coming", so, I don't think it will be just a commemorative Direct

Green remake for US? Sooo... LeafGreen?
Rainbow won't happen, 6.5 miiiight, Gen 7 miiiiiiight.
the code name for 20 anniv game is "Niji" (Rainbow) but who knows what that means

Precisely, honestly the way I could see them balancing out something like that is to limit the player to two regions per save file. Pick your starting region, do the stuff and what have you, then you get the option to get on a boat and go to one additional region before having to restart. That takes care of the level limits, and meta changes that don't have to be adjusted for a higher level cap.

As for transferring to and from, why not just toss everything into the bank for transferring? That way, let's say you take your Lucario from Rainbow, toss it in the bank, now it can be used in X/Y. Pokemon like Magearna would have a lock on them that prevents the transferring into anything before it's time.

Also, that's exactly what I meant by hardware limitations. I honestly don't think Game Freak can deal with it without massive problems, especially considering the 3DS' limitations.

This is all hypothetical, though. As I don't see Niji being a game involving all of them. At most, I'd expect a Gen 1 remake (20th anniv, colors = rainbow logic, nostalgia, money grubbing from older fans, etc. etc.). At least, I'm expecting the final Gen 6 game, as I don't see Gen 7 being a thing just yet.
What about "Pokémon Red Z & Pokémon Blue Z", who is with me? Red (Pokémon Red & Pokemon Y) Blue (Pokémon Blue & Pokémon X), 2 years after events of Pokémon X/Y and after beating Kalos Champion (Serena/Calm), we'll got a letter from Professor Oak, and a Ticket for a plane, or a train?, to Kanto (Kanto -> Kalos, someone? :D) hahaha all these dream are just that, dreams T- T

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I sure hope it includes info about Pokken Tournament or else I'm not watching. But not like that matters, thousands if not millions are gonna watch anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL