Pokemon Presents, February 2024 Roundup - New Legends entry and mobile TGC game

A brand new Pokemon Presents starts off today, celebrating the anniversary of the original release of Pokemon Red and Green in Japan. That said, let's dive right off into the presentation and see what the Poke Co. has in store.

• New Tera Raid battles are unveiled, featuring a mighty Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise, each one being one week apart starting tomorrow with Venusaur.
  • Pokemon Go gets a collaboration with the new Pokemon Horizon series, with a Pikachu wearing Cap's hat and Volt Tackle as a move. New Pokemon from Gen 9 will also debut in the game, as well as characters Lico and Roy.
  • Pokemon Sleep is getting Raikou on March, with Entei and Suicune coming up later.
  • Pokemon Masters celebrates 4 and a half years, and Geeta & Glimmora will be coming to the game to celebrate the occasion, as well as Silver & Tyranitar, Gladeon & Magearna, Riley & Lucario, and a Photo mode as well.
  • Pokemon Café Remix will have new outfits, new content and an event featuring Miraidon and Roraidon.
  • Pokemon Unite will get Miraidon, Falinks and Ceruledge joining the fray, each one joining at different dates. MIraidon will get a special event.
  • Pokemon's Trading Card Game is getting a brand new mobile game, titled "Pokemon Trading Card Game Pocket". Players can get new packs, trade in cards, and battle against others. Coming 2024. This is followed by a lengthy speech about the TGC.
  • To wrap up the presentation, the Pokemon Company unveils a brand new game in the Legends series in the form a teaser, titled "Pokemon: Legends Z-A". Coming worldwide in 2025.

And that's it! What peaked your interested from the Pokemon Presents? Let us know in the comments below!

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, after so many years we finally have Pokemon Z

b3c22ca0672194c0aed740d1ab2ae6d0b09dd993r1-936-853v2_uhq-460056095.jpg

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, all the unown at the beginning made me think silver/gold. Maybe that's why there was a leak saying something about silver/gold.

Was a bit meh, nothing really interesting. I think some people will be happy about a new legends game with mega-evolutions brought back, though. maybe we'll finally get a little more story on the "eternal life" schtick from the original X and Y, as well as zygard.

"two free packs a day" for that tcg cellgame, but i wonder how expensive it'll be for all the non-free packs and other nonsense they'll charge. Imma nope out of buying digital cards. hard.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Genuinely was not expecting more Kalos content, definitely a region I felt went underappreciated by TPC/GF. There was alot of overlap with Unova and the 3DS so alot of the potential spinoffs went to that instead. Awesome to see this!

One note - really interesting that it's a 2025 Switch game. We don't know alot of Nintendo's first party lineup for 2024 yet, but here comes a 2025 Switch game. Fascinating, wonder why they announced it this early.

Also, I still feel that we could get BW remakes this year because there's no Pokémon game slated this year for Switch and the Legends game skips Gen 5 and goes straight to Gen 6. Not holding out any hopes for it like others are, but I still feel there's a chance.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The most entertaining part of the direct is to see leakers getting everything wrong.

I also liked to know about a new legends game. TGC on mobile seems a good idea, I'm not sure, not a TGC player.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The most entertaining part of the direct is to see leakers getting everything wrong.

I also liked to know about a new legends game. TGC on mobile seems a good idea, I'm not sure, not a TGC player.
A TCG game for mobile makes a lot more sense than whatever they're doing with Legends.

Reactions: LightBeam

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Going to copy my comment from another post:

Important note for everyone. Nintendo has said that the game will take place "entirely within Lumiose City".

Yep. They're making a Pokemon Legends Z game. And they chose to put it solely inside Lumiose City.

It picked my interest when I thought they would revisit Kalos but now I expect nothing but disappointment lol

Legends Arceus ran like horse shit when it was only empty wide fields, can't say what will happen in fucking neo-Paris

I wished they would revisit the whole region and do something with the nuclear plant instead of « lol go make theories on youtube bro », could have been great but it seems they don't give a fuck
Honestly it felt pretty bad to see a region based in France being that under utilized, but given what they did with Sword and Scarlet, I guess we actually got pretty lucky
Post automatically merged:

A TCG game for mobile makes a lot more sense than whatever they're doing with Legends.
It does feel like they're a decade late tho. I don't even know why they don't have the TCG PC game on Steam. YuGiOh got it's hype for a moment. It might make more sense but it still feels like half-measures, like they're too scared of the wide world like a stray cat

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so glad I hate Pokémon. Let's be honest, catching monsters isn't that fun as it used to be 27 years ago.
yea, catching pokemon is not funny anymore :(

It's so much better to catch pokemon with guns :evil:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up