Pokemon Presents, February 2024 Roundup - New Legends entry and mobile TGC game

A brand new Pokemon Presents starts off today, celebrating the anniversary of the original release of Pokemon Red and Green in Japan. That said, let's dive right off into the presentation and see what the Poke Co. has in store.

• New Tera Raid battles are unveiled, featuring a mighty Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise, each one being one week apart starting tomorrow with Venusaur.
  • Pokemon Go gets a collaboration with the new Pokemon Horizon series, with a Pikachu wearing Cap's hat and Volt Tackle as a move. New Pokemon from Gen 9 will also debut in the game, as well as characters Lico and Roy.
  • Pokemon Sleep is getting Raikou on March, with Entei and Suicune coming up later.
  • Pokemon Masters celebrates 4 and a half years, and Geeta & Glimmora will be coming to the game to celebrate the occasion, as well as Silver & Tyranitar, Gladeon & Magearna, Riley & Lucario, and a Photo mode as well.
  • Pokemon Café Remix will have new outfits, new content and an event featuring Miraidon and Roraidon.
  • Pokemon Unite will get Miraidon, Falinks and Ceruledge joining the fray, each one joining at different dates. MIraidon will get a special event.
  • Pokemon's Trading Card Game is getting a brand new mobile game, titled "Pokemon Trading Card Game Pocket". Players can get new packs, trade in cards, and battle against others. Coming 2024. This is followed by a lengthy speech about the TGC.
  • To wrap up the presentation, the Pokemon Company unveils a brand new game in the Legends series in the form a teaser, titled "Pokemon: Legends Z-A". Coming worldwide in 2025.

And that's it! What peaked your interested from the Pokemon Presents? Let us know in the comments below!

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
The most noteworthy thing is that Z-A is coming out in 2025. Like, that's in the future? A decent way away? Maybe not even early 2025? Will this game actually have development resources allocated to it? Exciting times!

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to copy my comment from another post:

Important note for everyone. Nintendo has said that the game will take place "entirely within Lumiose City".

Yep. They're making a Pokemon Legends Z game. And they chose to put it solely inside Lumiose City.

What a damn shame. One step forward and two steps back. Who even runs Nintendo????

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the trolling with the classic tunes and mentioning original game release but not putting the games out was really annoying.

new legends title is great, but this is so obviously the boring 'we have nothing but moneygrubbing phone stuff to show for the next year' kinda press release that screamed 'put some old game out so people are happy'

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going to copy my comment from another post:

Important note for everyone. Nintendo has said that the game will take place "entirely within Lumiose City".

Yep. They're making a Pokemon Legends Z game. And they chose to put it solely inside Lumiose City.

This could be okay IF they scale up the city by a huge amount. I mean there are plenty of games that take place entirely within one city, right?
I know it sounds like cope :rofl: but this might be a good thing.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Sleep is getting.....

Fucking 3rd party tracker support from Apple Health, Samsung Health and Google Fit.

This was the correct and only goddamn thing they should have announced regarding Pokemon Sleep. We're not going to buy a shitty proprietary band for an app with micro transactions.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So basically nothing lol just a ridiculous presentation, they gave afew extra pokes or accessories to the mobile pokemon spin offs and we get another random mobile tcg which seems to be more about collecting than battling to be the best... and legends z is for 2025 so what is the point? that will have another pokemon day to show up before even releasing.

this was the most disappointing direct ever.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The most noteworthy thing is that Z-A is coming out in 2025. Like, that's in the future? A decent way away? Maybe not even early 2025? Will this game actually have development resources allocated to it? Exciting times!
I don't know later on, but on presentation itself nothing was told about what platform this game will run on. No promises to be released on switch. It may be a launching title for a new, unannounced console like the Dreamcast 2 or Super OUYA Entertainment System (just joking, but you got it, may be coming to somewhere else than the switch).

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, this was shit. Most announcements were for things I don't care about, and the Legends one at the end...well, hopefully it improves upon Legends: Arceus' flaws - such as reducing the grind needed for the Pokédex, having more moves available, and having something to do after catching the Arceus-equivalent and finishing the Pokédex (at least a Battle Tower clone, if nothing else).

I've only ever played through L:A once, with no motivation to return, as it felt so barebones and simplistic.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What will happen to the other newish mobile tcg game? They just migrated that, well, feels like just a year ago. Why make a new one?

Just hope that legends game will have more than just luminose city though

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know later on, but on presentation itself nothing was told about what platform this game will run on. No promises to be released on switch. It may be a launching title for a new, unannounced console like the Dreamcast 2 or Super OUYA Entertainment System (just joking, but you got it, may be coming to somewhere else than the switch).
If it were for some new system, it'd be a launch title and I'd expect it to be kept under wraps until the system was revealed.

I am also a hardened Switch 2 denier, if this actually indicates that the Switch 2 is coming I will delete my account.

thunderboy17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how the fuck are people are already complaining about the new game? they didn't show any actual footage of the game itself.
"it takes places entirely within Lumiose City" ok... let's wait and see how is that developed?
what, do you really think they'll copy the city straight up from the 3ds or something?
personally I'm intrigued, Zygarde and Kalos didn't get developed as much as they could've and I'm glad they wanna fix that.
I'm worried because of the constant decline in quality, but the fact the game will come out next year is a good sign that they're willing to take more time and not rush stuff

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how the fuck are people are already complaining about the new game? they didn't show any actual footage of the game itself.
"it takes places entirely within Lumiose City" ok... let's wait and see how is that developed?
what, do you really think they'll copy the city straight up from the 3ds or something?
personally I'm intrigued, Zygarde and Kalos didn't get developed as much as they could've and I'm glad they wanna fix that.
I'm worried because of the constant decline in quality, but the fact the game will come out next year is a good sign that they're willing to take more time and not rush stuff
did you see their latest games? and by latest, I mean the several games they released in the last decade.
I mean, can you really blame those who are already complaining?

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, Pokémon seems to think a fancy 3D model of Lumiose city is enough to sell audiences. They know they don’t have anything right now. I’m not going to make a purchasing decision without any idea what it’ll look like, how it’ll run, etc.

If you have an entire game within a city, specifically about catching Pokémon, that shuts down your momentum. It’s a freaking city. Where are you gonna catch Pokémon, in the park? This is looking like the game will be “go here, talk to this guy, give them an item, repeat” or something else equally stupid.

That Twitter post killed any and all hype I had for the game.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? You'll actually delete your account? Huh; risky thing to say, in my book.
The Switch 2 has been coming this year according to insider sources for like seven years now. I figure my odds are good, especially if focused on the idea that this game's trailer in particular hints towards it being a game for the Switch 2.

Also, really wouldn't mind deleting my account here lol, it's not important.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4