Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26

logo_ndirect.png

Today Nintendo announced a Pokémon Nintendo Direct Coming Friday, Feb. 26.

Catch a new Nintendo Direct on Feb. 26 at 7 a.m. PT celebrating 20 years of Pokémon!

:arrow:Official Site

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is pokemon rainbow supposed to be?
i've heard very little about it
It was a fan name for a game that included all regions and pokemon. Since the code name for the New game is Pokemon Niji (Idk if that's how you spell it bad memory) Nji translates to Rainbow in English. So this would be a game with

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinoh
Unova
Kalos

I think that is how you spell every thing
and all 722 pokemon would be catchable

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a fan name for a game that included all regions and pokemon. Since the code name for the New game is Pokemon Niji (Idk if that's how you spell it bad memory) Nji translates to Rainbow in English. So this would be a game with

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinoh
Unova
Kalos

I think that is how you spell every thing
and all 722 pokemon would be catchable
y'see that's what i was thinking..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the Japanese twitter account I heard.
5 mintues sounds..
lackluster..

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y'see that's what i was thinking..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

5 mintues sounds..
lackluster..
I don't know. Revealing ORAS only took 3. If they show just the box art and starters again I am going to cry. I was so unstable last time. I can't wait 5 months for a look at the game lol.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see this being a couple of things.

1.) Pokemon GO's release Trailer

2.) At least partially something to do with Pokken, possibly new fighters to celebrate 20 years. (This is least likely to me)

3.) The next Gen 6 game.
-For context, just because they revealed Magearna or whatever doesn't mean we've crossed the threshold into Gen 7. It could mean that, but it could also mean that Magearna cannot be used to fight X/Y/OR/AS despite being the same generation, like Hoopa's unbound forme, Diancie's Mega, and other Megas in OR/AS not having compatibility with X/Y.

4.) Something related to the recent rumor/leak of project "Niji"
-The leaked list does hold some merit, since Disney Art Academy was officially announced after being seen on the list. I'm still a skeptic, but seeing as how the code name Niji translates to Rainbow, it's not out of the question that's referring to remakes of Gen 1 games. (Since lol Red/Blue/Green/Yellow makes a rainbow or something) Even if it's not another set of remakes, project Niji was called the 20th Anniversary game on the list, so a trailer or something to reveal their project wouldn't be that far fetched of an idea, since the list also slated it's release for Fall of this year. That is all assuming the list is 100% legitimate, though, which I'm not claiming it is.

5.) Nothing.
For all we know it's five minutes of a nostalgia train.

6.) For the sake of putting it on a list, Gen 7.

We'll see what it is. It's curious to me that they went and made a direct only 5 minutes. 10 minutes I could see, as that offers for a bit of talk and video, 5 minutes is about as long as the average trailer, so I'm curious as to what they came up with.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be really happy if, Nintendo reveals generations 1-5 will be made available digitally on both the wii-u and 3ds by the end of the year, with an upgraded transfer app allowing one way transfer of the pokemon to the bank.

Reactions: CeeDee

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'd be really happy if, Nintendo reveals generations 1-5 will be made available digitally on both the wii-u and 3ds by the end of the year, with an upgraded transfer app allowing one way transfer of the pokemon to the bank.
That would be awesome. Not only because all Pokemon games would be available, but because that would mean DS games would be available on the eShop, which could possibly lead to DS injects on 3DS.
But that would actually make fans happy so Nintendo will never do it.

Reactions: CeeDee

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt it is gen 7. A remake or Z or X2 and Y2 will happen before that. We do need a Pokémon game with all the full regions in one game. Which I kind want them to wait for the next handheld for. If they ever do that, I doubt this is it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet...

- Pokemon GO release trailer
- Pokemon Z announcement
- X2/Y2 announcement
- New Pokemon free-to-play game
- Gen 1 remakes
- Super Mystery Dungeon free DLC update - play the whole game from the point of view of your partner
- New Pokken characters - Keldeo, Sylveon, Mew
- New Smash characters - Keldeo, Sylveon, Mew
- New Pokemon TCG - is amiibo cards
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky remake
- GBA VC Pokemon on 3DS and Wii U
- Pokemon in real life, literally, have been created
- Pokemon Rainbow
- NX Pokemon game
- GameCube VC on Wii U, starts with Pokemon Colosseum and XD
- Pokemon MMO

- An underwhelming Direct compared to everyone's expectations

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dedicated E3 2015 to disappointment. Animal Crossing amiibo Festival? Metroid Prime: Federation Force?
Okay. Yes. They did. However, on the other hand this is pokemons big 20. Not only that but it's a direct. I just don't think they would make it disappointing. It's either

1) Pokemon Rainbow
2) First Gen remakes + Green remake for the U.S
3) Gen 6.5
4) Gen 7

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't be the only one who thinks a Pokemon game with all regions would be a terrible, terrible idea.

If done correctly, it can be done well. However, purely from a hardware standpoint and seeing as how OR/AS and X/Y are about 2G each, that'd make a really large game (File size) and that's not something I could see for a long while unless they either released it for the Wii U, or, God forbid, they make some sort of MMO that included everything.

For a 3DS, a game with all regions doesn't seem that likely to me.

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ