Nintendo Direct scheduled for September 14th , 2023

F56Sn_9XEAAfpn0.jpg

After plenty of rumours floating around online about an upcoming Nintendo Direct on September, Nintendo's official social media has confirmed and announced the date of the Direct, which will air tomorrow, on September 14th, 2023 at 7am PT / 10am ET.

The Direct is set to last around 40 minutes with information regarding Nintendo Switch games coming for the winter season, though no mention of announcements for 2024 so far. What kind of announcements or releases are you expecting to be unveiled out in the Direct?

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't it a giant X? 🤣
Post automatically merged:

Bingo Card:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Booster Course Pass final DLC

F-Zero

Sonic Superstars

Sonic Frontiers

Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Luigi's Mansion 2 Remake release date.

Detective Pikachu

Phantasy Star Online

High on Life

Donkey Kong

Metroid Prime 4

Star Fox

Animal Crossing

Street Fighter

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro

Just Dance

EA Sports FC

I think one of those at least will make it in.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.png
    IMG_0264.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
All this talk about Metroid Prime 4.
In my mind ut makes sense to shadow drop (or at least announce) MP2 remaster today, then MP3 in half a year or so...and then have MP4 be a launch titler for for a new console.

Actually, I think MP2 shadow drop today would be my biggest (very realistic) wish!

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's nice! Just like compare to Nvidia RTX 3050. Switch 2 still under RTX 3050 (2560 cores). Nintendo Switch 2 have Nvidia RTX 3040 that next to RTX 3050. Cant wait! :yay:

According to sources, the Nintendo Switch 2 demos also included ray-tracing and NVIDIA DLSS, pointing to a serious upgrade compared to the current Switch hardware - which first hit the scene in 2017. The existing Switch is powered by a custom Tegra X1 chip using NVIDIA's 20nm Maxwell architecture from 2014, so it's definitely starting to show its age.

And with that, we've got sources outlining what NVIDIA chip (heavily customized and optimized) will be found at the heart of the Nintendo Switch 2 - NVIDIA's T239 Ampere APU (via @Kepler_L2).

Like the GeForce RTX 30 Series, this new chip will use Samsung's 8nm process technology with the GA10B Ampere GPU set to feature 2,048 CUDA Cores - a massive increase over the 256 CUDA Cores found in the Switch's Tegra X1 chip. Not only is this an increase in CUDA Cores, but the Switch 2 will also benefit from three generations of architectural improvements, including the addition of AI-based Tensor Cores and dedicated RT Cores for hardware-accelerated ray-tracing.

This will be bolstered by a 12-core CPU, another big increase compared to the original Switch - which features a 4-core CPU. Of course, making use of this "off-the-shelf" NVIDIA APU will mean an overall power draw increase to 60W compared to the original Switch's 15W chip, so it's safe to assume that Nintendo is working with NVIDIA to optimize and potentially cut down the GA10B Ampere GPU to make it more power efficient as battery-life will be a big focus for the company.

The good news is that DLSS is all about power efficiency and, in its latest revision, can deliver exceptional results at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K. The upgraded version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild shown at Gamescom was running at 4K 60fps, thanks to DLSS.

Whatever the end result will be, there's no doubt that Ampere architecture and DLSS will provide a substantial upgrade to the capabilities of the Switch 2 compared to the Switch - and we can't wait to see it in motion.

Awesome! :yay::yay:

Last edited by console,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, if they are actually announcing the Switch 2 at the next direct, then there could be Switch 2 only games, otherwise we could be seeing cross gen games, without them saying anything. In fact, we might have already seen cross gen games like TOTK and Metroid might be too.
I don't think they will reveal the console in a Nintendo Direct.
I guess they COULD reveal it on something like the Game Awards, when everyone is watching the thing. It would have much more impact, and THEN they would talk about games about it in a Nintendo Direct. Where I guess there could be both some exclusives and crossgen releases, for sure.

But I think the Switch got revealed in some press conference or something ? I think it was a weird time anyway because Kimishima at the time wasn't really meant to stick as president of Nintendo (I didn't knew at the time) and my guess is that they just had to do something to reveal it because Iwata was originally meant to do it.

The thing is that only people who are interested in Nintendo games do watch Nintendo Directs, so I don't think it's an appropriate way to announce a new console, you want as much people as possible to know what's going on, and I feel like something like the Game Awards (which is ... basically the new E3) would be a much better occasion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto