Capcom TGS 2023 Online Program scheduled for September 21st, 2023

The Tokyo's Gaming Show yearly event is just around the corner, and with it comes new announcements and events from well-known publishers and developers, one of these being Capcom. They've made a bit of a tradition to feature a special event of their own for TGS, and this year is no different.

Capcom has uploaded a scheduled video on their official YouTube channel for their newest Online Program stream, which will air on September 21st, 2023 at 7am PT / 1500 BST/ 1600 CEST. With the upcoming release of Resident Evil 4 Remake's DLC, Separate Ways, being released on the same day as the scheduled event, we might see the DLC getting some main focus during their stream, as well as their upcoming VR mode for the RE4 Remake.

The titles that Capcom has listed to be featured on the presentation are as follows:
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways and VR Mode
  • Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Exoprimal
Be sure to stay tuned tomorrow to catch the event live!

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already finished the Apollo series a good while ago, but seeing what they done to the originals in their remaster, I really can't wait to experience the series one more time on Switch, also marking every AA title to be on that platform as a collective and not spread across multiple platforms.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah damn, I totally forgot about the Apollo Justice trilogy!!! Although if previous trends are anything to go by I’ll definitely have to import a physical copy like I did with the previous two.

Where’s my Ace Attorney Investigations collection at Capcom? :creep:

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Already finished the Apollo series a good while ago, but seeing what they done to the originals in their remaster, I really can't wait to experience the series one more time on Switch, also marking every AA title to be on that platform as a collective and not spread across multiple platforms.
The AA Trilogy on Steam and stuff? I never liked it, compared to the Trilogy available on 3DS and the original DS games; this version is just...too shiny for my tastes, and changes the aesthetics of menus like the Court Record - for the worse, IMO.

Hopefully the Apollo Justice Trilogy is more faithful to the original three - AJ, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.

Also...if this sells well...hopefully there'll be a seventh game; it's been years since SoJ released, and the only thing since was the localisation of the Japanese-only 3DS Great AA duo, except ported to modern consoles. I wouldn't call that "new", necessarily, even if it was for us.
Like, if Ace Attorney Investigations 2 was officially localised now and released on Steam/PS4/Xbox, would that be considered a "new" game? Or just a translated port of a DS game?

Apart from Ace Attorney, I'd love to see ŌkamiDen return - just like Ghost Trick, that's a classic locked to the DS, and hasn't had any sort of mention since. Except Ghost Trick did get a port to modern platforms, unlike ŌkamiDen.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The AA Trilogy on Steam and stuff? I never liked it, compared to the Trilogy available on 3DS and the original DS games; this version is just...too shiny for my tastes, and changes the aesthetics of menus like the Court Record - for the worse, IMO.
That's your preference and I can respect that, I for one enjoy the new remasters more.

Also...if this sells well...hopefully there'll be a seventh game
It really is about damn time, isn't it?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Chronicles already did well. So, I don't think it is a money issue. Maybe they are really scared on where to take the story or the next game will be bigger than we think.

As for the show in general, maybe they will surprise us with an unannounced game, but I doubt it.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's your preference and I can respect that, I for one enjoy the new remasters more.

It really is about damn time, isn't it?
I can admit that, in some ways, the remasters do look better - stuff's no longer pixellated, for one, and the backgrounds are cleaner - but the oddly-shiny sprites, the altered menus, and the lack of said pixellation just kill it for me.
When I think of the original trilogy, I can't help but picture the DS games, graphical inferiority and all.

You know what else is about damn time? How about Phoenix telling Trucy and Apollo they're half-siblings? That point's been hanging over the series ever since AJ:AA, and not once has it been brought up. It's infuriating; I'd love to see how the Trucy/Apollo dynamic changes with this revelation. Yet, with Apollo now seemingly staying in Khura'in, will that ever be possible?
Ugh, damnit Capcom...

Oh, and another thing - bring back Gumshoe, you cowards! Dual Destinies brought back Edgeworth for the last case, and Pearl featured in the DLC aquarium case, but no Dick Gumshoe. Spirit of Justice had Maya and bloody Larry Butz return, but still no Gumshoe. That 'time-travel' case with the plane was said to be 'the return of the original cast' and all, but not one sign of a green trenchcoat.
😑

Reactions: HalfScoper

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll always dream about another Chaos Legion, Dino Crisis, Rival Schools...
It was the best gaming era

Last edited by depaul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?