Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Some files can't be uploaded due to the file extension filter.

While I don't expect that .bin files could be uploaded raw in a reply, I ask to please add .firm to the Download Center filter list.

Why is there an upload whitelist? I understand that things like .exe pose a security risk, but why is .bin or .firm banned?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you not just zip files that are filtered? Could be a whitelist to encourage people to use compressed formats and therefore save space. Just speculation on my part though.

It does reduce the file size from 81k to 42k, though I don't get why .3dsx is in the whitelist, as .3dsx are much bigger, and it's not encrypted or compressed, so it would be an even better candidate for enforced compression.
For .cia I understand why it's in the whitelist, it's encrypted and/or compressed, so compressing it just adds extra steps for nothing.

Also I'd rather upload the .firm raw, as I'm *begging* users to run it, so having to go through extra steps greatly reduces my chances :/
For those cases where the user *needs* the file, they will do almost everything to get it, so there it makes sense.

Reactions: Seriel and Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1