Picofly AIO Thread

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Are there any compatibility issues with micro sd cards? I asked the HATS github and he basically told me to come here because he wont use pico until its stable but this is the issues i have.

"When trying to launch the CFW (SYSMMC) gives error of unknown pkg1 version ect failed to launch HOS. It does launch into CFW(EMUMMC) although I'm unable to launch any games or download any games. Basically just can get into it but nothing past that. When trying to reboot to OFW screen goes black and does nothing. I need to take out the SD card and hold power for it to get back into Hekate. I'm using a 256gb gigastone if that matters. Went the RP2040 picofly route with I would assume is a V2 switch.side note it gives a message that that eMMC is in slower mode and failed 2 read/writes if that helps."
If you new, you only need to read https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy to getting started.
Its the summary of almost all about this stuff.

Basically the step to prepare the microsd:

1. You need to identify your device, is it v1, v2, oled or lite.
v1 is the old switch (the first switch) its called erista.
v2, oled and lite use the same variant of apu which called mariko. The difference between three is the specification for other part. For example v2 and lite use ordinary lcd, while oled using pricier lcd. In simplicity, lite is the cheapest, v2 is the moderate, and oled is the most expensive one.

2. After you identify your device, goes to the tutorial link according to your device to create the cfw.
For example my device lite, and i want emummc/emunand, i use this link:
https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND
Dont forget to prepare "the blocker" if you got online (i prepare it, eventhough i never goes online in cfw, just for safety reason)
https://rentry.org/AvoidSwitchBan

3. Install DBI the homebrew for file explorer, add/remove program, unzip, etc.
https://rentry.org/SDCardViaUSB

4. Download the nsp (googling it, we dont support piracy in here, its for educational purposes), install using DBI, enjoy.

Note:
The first thing you need to do after hekates run is to backup the raw nand, and the keys.
Hopefully you dont skip this step.

BlackPhoenix002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you new, you only need to read to getting started.
Its the summary of almost all about this stuff.

Basically the step to prepare the microsd:

1. You need to identify your device, is it v1, v2, oled or lite.
v1 is the old switch (the first switch) its called erista.
v2, oled and lite use the same variant of apu which called mariko. The difference between three is the specification for other part. For example v2 and lite use ordinary lcd, while oled using pricier lcd. In simplicity, lite is the cheapest, v2 is the moderate, and oled is the most expensive one.

2. After you identify your device, goes to the tutorial link according to your device to create the cfw.
For example my device lite, and i want emummc/emunand, i use this link:

Dont forget to prepare "the blocker" if you got online (i prepare it, eventhough i never goes online in cfw, just for safety reason)

3. Install DBI the homebrew for file explorer, add/remove program, unzip, etc.

4. Download the nsp (googling it, we dont support piracy in here, its for educational purposes), install using DBI, enjoy.

Note:
The first thing you need to do after hekates run is to backup the raw nand, and the keys.
Hopefully you dont skip this step.
I will look into it, would there be any repercussions to undoing the soldering? If it still doesnt work at this point I just want my switch to be usable

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well that's a great sign, from the no SD screen when I press the vol + and vol- at the same time the screen goes black and nothing happens
Could you clarify with the 'nothing happens" means?
If its goes to OFW then its okay. But if it is blackscreen no OFW then theres issue in there.

aparitxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In autoreply to my question, i need to find another 3.3v point because installed the picofly and soldered all the connections and all seemed to work fine, launched hekate and atmos without problem but when trying to put the switch in the dock a green light started blinking in one side of the dock. After searching online seems that the responsible of this is the integrated circuit M92T36 (the one near the 3.3v capacitor), so i need to open the console again, rewire the 3.3v in other place and test if all the M92T36 capacitors and the ic itself are working fine. If not, i think that i will need to replace the ic and those capacitors

Reactions: abal1000x

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Screen goes black and that's it. After a minute or two I can press the power button and Hekate loads
Checking it by powering it on from off, not from nosdcard screen.
Hold Vol- Vol+ then poweron the device, if everything is okay then it will boot directly to stock system.
Post automatically merged:

Hold Vol- Vol+ then poweron the device, if everything is okay then it will boot directly to stock system.
If from sdcard screen then just tap the power button to power it off.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not quite true. The recommended way according to rehius is by press vol+ vol- in no sd screen.

Reference:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/page-279#post-10132514
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/page-40#post-10132393
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/page-30#post-10126192

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are there any compatibility issues with micro sd cards? I asked the HATS github and he basically told me to come here because he wont use pico until its stable but this is the issues i have.

"When trying to launch the CFW (SYSMMC) gives error of unknown pkg1 version ect failed to launch HOS. It does launch into CFW(EMUMMC) although I'm unable to launch any games or download any games. Basically just can get into it but nothing past that. When trying to reboot to OFW screen goes black and does nothing. I need to take out the SD card and hold power for it to get back into Hekate. I'm using a 256gb gigastone if that matters. Went the RP2040 picofly route with I would assume is a V2 switch.side note it gives a message that that eMMC is in slower mode and failed 2 read/writes if that helps."
so far no issues its already stable enough after 2.6 , except some installation related issues its really case by case matter whether the installer first timer or an expert, i use the cheapest local brand sd card i could find no worries with my oled

emmc related issue you can check the guide, did you already add another 47R on rp2040 DAT0 and CMD ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-12 185534.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 185534.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by blackheartme,

BlackPhoenix002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far no issues its already stable enough after 2.6 , except some installation related issues its really case by case matter whether the installer first timer or an expert, i use the cheapest local brand sd card i could find no worries with my oled

emmc related issue you can check the guide, did you already add another 47R on rp2040 DAT0 and CMD ?
I have not yet, thanks for pointing that out, It does say it's in slow mode, would you think that can fix the read write issues and not booting into ofw

Reactions: impeeza

Moneyforthecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Which resistors do you really need for the Lite? I've read something from 45 ohm but there aren't any. Do I have to hang some in series or is a 47 ohm resistor also possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol