V2 Switch (Mariko) Hwfly Core RP2040 install issue

haxxordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm having an issue with my Hwfly Core RP2040 install on my V2 switch. While booting, the LED flashes Blue once, then two long yellow and one short yellow. From the guide, this means:
  • ==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)

After that, it boots into the stock firmware. Any ideas on what to look at? I've included a pic of the solder job, but it looks fine to me. I did also flash the 2.7.3 firmware before starting.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPEG
    IMG_0315.JPEG
    541.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by haxxordan,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I don't have a solution to offer but would you mind sharing the guide website? Trying to diagnose my failed install too! Thanks in advance 🤙🏽

Reactions: eddz

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had one like that, i just swapped the chip with another one and it worked directly.

They are so cheap so i always have a couple of extra chips at home.

Someday when i have the time i will check it under my microscope and take som value readings to compare to a working chip.

Reactions: haxxordan

haxxordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the problem, and I'm posting the solution for others who might run into this:
At the right end of the ribbon cable that you solder on, there's a metal pad (with chips on the opposite side.) I didn't realize you had to tuck that under the heatsink frame on the board. I originally had it left on top, and placed the heatsink frame piece over it -- I'm guessing this caused a short or something. After moving it, everything is working great!
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry I don't have a solution to offer but would you mind sharing the guide website? Trying to diagnose my failed install too! Thanks in advance 🤙🏽
Not a full install guide, just the LED flash guide to troubleshoot an install. You can find it on GitHub in the Ansem-SoD/Picofly repo.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the problem, and I'm posting the solution for others who might run into this:
At the right end of the ribbon cable that you solder on, there's a metal pad (with chips on the opposite side.) I didn't realize you had to tuck that under the heatsink frame on the board. I originally had it left on top, and placed the heatsink frame piece over it -- I'm guessing this caused a short or something. After moving it, everything is working great!
Nice catch. I would not have even considered that someone would have had those mosfets between the frame and the shield. It would have taken pics for me to catch that issue for sure.

haxxordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have taken pics of the full install anyway... meh. But thanks for your reply. Everything seems to be running smoothly.

rinain9

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Post automatically merged:

Not a full install guide, just the LED flash guide to troubleshoot an install. You can find it on GitHub in the Ansem-SoD/Picofly repo.
I was having the exact same problem as you, and this solved the issue! Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?