RP2040 - NS Upgrade FW

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, first of all I apologize if I posted in the wrong section as I'm new

I purchased a 2040RP - NS Chip for Switch V2

Once the chip was soldered onto the console it showed no signs of life, i.e. the LEDs did not light up

I reset the chip and installed the 2.75 firmware from "/usk/releases" form github

Once the file has been inserted, the chip flashes 1 blue LED and 2 yellow LEDs rapidly 3 times for a total of 6 yellow LEDs

I would like to know if this behavior of the LEDs is correct or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Dula,

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, you are not supposed to have the switch on while connecting to pc.

You need to read or atleast show some pictures.

Updating the chip:
The switch shutdown
Connect usb to the chip, hold boot, rst or what the buttons say on your chip. Connect to computer while holding.
A window should pop up on your computer, drag the firmware file to that window.
If success it should blink green one time.

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, you are not supposed to have the switch on while connecting to pc.

You need to read or atleast show some pictures.

Updating the chip:
The switch shutdown
Connect usb to the chip, hold boot, rst or what the buttons say on your chip. Connect to computer while holding.
A window should pop up on your computer, drag the firmware file to that window.
If success it should blink green one time.

I have done everything you indicated, when I go through the fw update file it flashes yellow once and the pop up window closes

if I try to reconnect it to the PC (after updating the firmware) the pop up does not appear on the computer to insert the files and the chip flashes blue once and then yellow twice

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
one blink right after firmware been dragged means firmware went through successfully. Two short pulse in 3 times total of 6 blinks means chip already looking for soldering connection. So you are good to solder everything

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you both for the replies, you are very kind

I took my Nintendo to a technician for soldering and he told me that the chip, once soldered, does not flash with LEDs, instead connected via USB to the PC flashes blue and then yellow

that's why he desoldered it and I have now updated the signature. Thinking that was the problem but apparently not

In all this, the technician tells me that now the switch remains with a black screen and can only be seen on the screen if used with the dock

what could it depend on? Which photo should I send you in order to receive support?

I'm really frustrated

Last edited by Dula,

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
v1/v2/LITE console doesn't even need to take out LCD cable, must be something messed up when soldering. Ask the tech who installs the chip and fix it from there.

I reported the chip with the firmware updated to the technician today

What do I think is that he did some damage with the battery and the console only lights up the mode dock and show the video only in this way?

Next week he will let me know if he was reissued to solve the problem and I asked him for photos of the welds

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I reported the chip with the firmware updated to the technician today

What do I think is that he did some damage with the battery and the console only lights up the mode dock and show the video only in this way?

Next week he will let me know if he was reissued to solve the problem and I asked him for photos of the welds
Hi, the technician informed me that the RP2040 chip may have damaged the motherboard. is this possible? since the video signal only comes out if the Nintendo is placed in its dock

Can't you just change a few chips on the motherboard to repair it or some capacitors?

Is there a motherboard diagram that I can give to my technician so he can help him in some way?

help me please

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
100% the ”technician” that f***** up your console. Not the chip.

If you want help, you need to provide high res pictures of the install, solder points and where your ”Tech” guy has messed around on the motherboard.

Dula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
100% the ”technician” that f***** up your console. Not the chip.

If you want help, you need to provide high res pictures of the install, solder points and where your ”Tech” guy has messed around on the motherboard.
the technician says it was the chip and doesn't want to take responsibility for refunds. How can I make him understand that the chip did not cause this damage?

I know he desoldered the chip.

Tomorrow I'll go to the technician and ask him to give me these photos

Meanwhile, thanks for the reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto