20230418_193033[1].jpg
20230419_110525[1].jpg

minik1971

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Good afternoon, comrades. I'm trying to use the rp2040 pico, but when I pass the fw_2.65, the led doesn't turn on. Is it normal?

Attachments

• descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by minik1971,

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, I spent a week on instaiing picofly and finally decided to buy better flux and smaller tip.
It worked and I sucessfully loaded to hecate and atmosfere. Glitching in seconds. But my tools does not allow to solder all details beautifully.
A few things I learned from this install. I am not a profesional, so I may mistaken somewere.

1. Mosfet installation is really hard. If you are not professional at micro soldering and you do not wanna become him, better buy cable from ali. Save your time and effort.
2. I mistaken and bought 470k resistors instead 47R))) Luckily I found 100R resistors and it is worked. Do not make a mistake with it. It should have 470 numbers on it, not 472 or 471.
3. You can remove buttons and usb port on pico without soldering blow dryer(how to translate it to english?))
4. Better do not use enamel wires because if they stuck somewhere and glitch may not work. It was when I clamped it with heat pipe. Also it may wear out, so either fix it firmly or use single-core wires.
5. You can try alternative points on board instead emmc ones.
6. Do not work tired. I had everything installed and mounted as in the latst photo. The only problem I had was that it short-circuited with the lid closed. I tried to re-solder gnd and forgot to disable battery.If you installed pico, you may have noticed that a few seconds after the power was turned off, glitch occurred. At that time, I tried to solder the gnd, and in the end my mosfet burned out. The second time(yes i know, i am so dump). It smells unpleasant, and you will definitely notice it.
So every time you doing something disable battery cable!

Seems that all I wanted to said. Thanks for attention.

Also a few photos of my bad install. This is just to better understand what you will have to do.
1. Mosfet size. 2,3 Original pico vs chineese one. 4,5 CPU and mosfet. 6. Almos done install.
Point 5: Alternative points.

What are the alternative points you mention? Are they on the motherboard or where? On switch lite?

Tom8823

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I too proudly join the club of people with successful installation. It was real fun. :D

Took me some time but worked on first try. First glitch took about 7 seconds and all subsequent around 1 second. Works great :)

By the way, who else besides me had more fun with soldering than actually using the console? :rofl2:

I think I found a new hobby

(used one mosfet only on mariko with 0.2 mm enamel wires on everything including mosfet to caps)

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too proudly join the club of people with successful installation. It was real fun. :D

Took me some time but worked on first try. First glitch took about 7 seconds and all subsequent around 1 second. Works great :)

By the way, who else besides me had more fun with soldering than actually using the console? :rofl2:

(used one mosfet only on mariko with 0.2 mm enamel wires on everything including mosfet to caps)

Pseudo hacker patches earned:
PicoFly, V1\2 and NoFlex.

Now get your OLED patch ;)

*Edit: better difference in version 'patch'.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello everyone

I am getting a little impatient waiting for aliexpress orders so i thought I give it a try with a V1 flex on a V2 console (will try to cut it similar to the pictures posted earlier).
I have a choice of 2 types of resistors at this time, 33 or 75 ohms.
Since 47 is the recomanded value, and I have seen people use 2 of those in series, I was thinking of going with 75 in my case.
Anyone had a similar situation? What do you think I should do? (don't want to end up with corrupted emmc)
Thank you for taking time to answer.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

i love the installing more then anything else also
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone

I am getting a little impatient waiting for aliexpress orders so i thought I give it a try with a V1 flex on a V2 console (will try to cut it similar to the pictures posted earlier).
I have a choice of 2 types of resistors at this time, 33 or 75 ohms.
Since 47 is the recomanded value, and I have seen people use 2 of those in series, I was thinking of going with 75 in my case.
Anyone had a similar situation? What do you think I should do? (don't want to end up with corrupted emmc)
Thank you for taking time to answer.
bro just buy some damn resistors cant be that hard to fin 47 ohm reisitors from where u are from.
75 is to much there is a reason why we are using 47- 51 ohm resistors

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i love the installing more then anything else also
Post automatically merged:

bro just buy some damn resistors cant be that hard to fin 47 ohm reisitors from where u are from.
75 is to much there is a reason why we are using 47- 51 ohm resistors
yeah bro, that's why I was asking.
Unfortunately it's very hard to buy/find these kind of components locally, that's why I ordered them from China more than one month ago.
I already read the whole thread twice while waiting for that delivery (usually it takes 1.5-2months) and its just an itch that I can't scratch.
It's not like i wanted to save $2(for 100pcs of 47r). I already bought almost $1k equipment to do a $5 mod :D

Reactions: impeeza

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
here's an idea. maybe we should make a mold for mosfet+apu wires? it could easily be 3d printed and help shape and solder the wires onto the mosfet. then we can just put it in place next to the apu and the wires will line up with the caps. so just use mold to shape+solder wires onto mosfet, add some solder to the gnd+cap points on the apu, then lift mosfet+wires from the mold and place next to apu, and the wires will instantly line up with the right positions. it would greatly reduce the amount of time needed to get the mosfet part right.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
yeah bro, that's why I was asking.
Unfortunately it's very hard to buy/find these kind of components locally, that's why I ordered them from China more than one month ago.
I already read the whole thread twice while waiting for that delivery (usually it takes 1.5-2months) and its just an itch that I can't scratch.
It's not like i wanted to save $2(for 100pcs of 47r). I already bought almost $1k equipment to do a $5 mod :D
It’s not about the money it’s about the principle, playing $150 for a mod chip clone BS

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw