Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to understand how much this thread has gone on with the firmware for the chip but where you able to make it run Hekate? If you were able to make it run could someone explain to me what to do to make it work?

Thanks

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to understand how much this thread has gone on with the firmware for the chip but where you able to make it run Hekate? If you were able to make it run could someone explain to me what to do to make it work?

Thanks
the boot0 embedded in the current firmware doesn't work correctly and needs to be replaced with one from Spacecraft or HWFLY firmware. If anyone locates the firmware in the uf2 and replaces it, it should work fine.

Reactions: SUPERBANEN

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
the boot0 embedded in the current firmware doesn't work correctly and needs to be replaced with one from Spacecraft or HWFLY firmware. If anyone locates the firmware in the uf2 and replaces it, it should work fine.
i can confirm now aswell from my testing that you cant just dump a hwfly(or a stock) boot0 and inject into hekate...it still doesn't work i think @nerirififi was going to test this aswell.

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question- is Hekate just renamed to payload.bin on the root of your SD?
yes
but ive tried just stock atmosphere aswell
Post automatically merged:

i know its pretty obvious at this point but i can now also confirm that with the current fw we have ubuntu and lakka do work. cant test android as mariko.

Last edited by Tafty,

LeGenD_ArMoUR_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm running this on a v2 mariko everything is fine other than the dat0 point it's soldered fine but orange blink after white says its not. Is there anything I've missed? wire is connected to 47ohm resistor but no matter how much I try and redo it it still fails to read.

Kingdedede

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I'm running this on a v2 mariko everything is fine other than the dat0 point it's soldered fine but orange blink after white says its not. Is there anything I've missed? wire is connected to 47ohm resistor but no matter how much I try and redo it it still fails to read.
forget the resistors remove.... it's the one that gives you the problem at D0

Piorjade

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i can confirm now aswell from my testing that you cant just dump a hwfly(or a stock) boot0 and inject into hekate...it still doesn't work i think @nerirififi was going to test this aswell.
I thought so, the payload I was talking about before is the one that's referenced in the custom BCTs. It is loaded BEFORE Hekate, so I think that's where the issue lies.

Patching the payload in the .uf2 is the only solution, if that's even possible. Otherwise we'll really have to re-write this whole thing from scratch and I'm not even halfway done with understanding and implementing eMMC communication lmao

Reactions: Tafty

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
forget the resistors remove.... it's the one that gives you the problem at D0
Do you mean that there shouldn't be a resistor at D0 at all?

Or is the resistor value bad?

Can anyone confirm the exact resistor values? Who here has tried this successfully with the three resistors?

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean that there shouldn't be a resistor at D0 at all?

Or is the resistor value bad?

Can anyone confirm the exact resistor values? Who here has tried this successfully with the three resistors?
I have 3 47 ohm resistors installed on mine and have no issues at all.

achm3t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Still fails to read dat0 with resistor/resistors removed
Same problem here. Flashed .uf2 (1.1 unlocked Ubuntu one), soldered all points correctly to switch lite… aaaaand yellow led at the end :(. Tried several times, several rp2040, with and without resistors (0806 smd 47ohm) same thing. Used np2016dr mosfet (taken from hwfly V2 flex) - soldered with enameled magnet wires according to the diagram provided - no hekate, just a black screen with no backlight. With hwfly V2 flex and hwfly lite flex - ALL the same yellow led at the end of chip working :(. After all, I’ve soldered the same wires directly to hwfly lite chip and it all worked like a charm (so it is not the soldering problems :(((
It was yesterday and I gave up, decided to wait for new firmware with HOS support.

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same problem here. Flashed .uf2 (1.1 unlocked Ubuntu one), soldered all points correctly to switch lite… aaaaand yellow led at the end :(. Tried several times, several rp2040, with and without resistors (0806 smd 47ohm) same thing. Used np2016dr mosfet (taken from hwfly V2 flex) - soldered with enameled magnet wires according to the diagram provided - no hekate, just a black screen with no backlight. With hwfly V2 flex and hwfly lite flex - ALL the same yellow led at the end of chip working :(. After all, I’ve soldered the same wires directly to hwfly lite chip and it all worked like a charm (so it is not the soldering problems :(((
It was yesterday and I gave up, decided to wait for new firmware with HOS support.
Have you got a photo of your wiring and solder joints?

Reactions: impeeza

achm3t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Have you got a photo of your wiring and solder joints?
Unfortunately no, I’ve done that install just to test current implementation of rp2040. I’ve done maaany OLEDs for now, so it was caused not from the lack of skills, believe me :)
Once I’ve had to install several V2 hwfly to oled and that was the tricky moment, because there were no diagram for newly hwfly v4 and a slight trouble with fitting V2 chip to oled case, but I’ve managed with it.

Attachments

• 5CBDD8D0-CBE3-4357-A7DF-91F73710721B.jpeg
    5CBDD8D0-CBE3-4357-A7DF-91F73710721B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 147

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you 100% sure your dat0 is connected I had issues originally with dat0 when using an sx core flex so ended up taking it off and soldering all the points up manually

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately no, I’ve done that install just to test current implementation of rp2040. I’ve done maaany OLEDs for now, so it was caused not from the lack of skills, believe me :)
Once I’ve had to install several V2 hwfly to oled and that was the tricky moment, because there were no diagram for newly hwfly v4 and a slight trouble with fitting V2 chip to oled case, but I’ve managed with it.
Reduce your wire length by about 75% and check your solder joints. That will fix your issue.

Bro... Your wires are way too long. Are you trying to reach the moon.

Reactions: binkinator

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are your wires on your rp2040 as long as the wires in the photo above? If yes this could be the big problem. Please also measure your connections using a multimeter!

achm3t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Are you 100% sure your dat0 is connected I had issues originally with dat0 when using an sx core flex so ended up taking it off and soldering all the points up manually
Wow, really, at first I used original Sx lite cpu flex, because, Sx chip was allready installed. I removed only chip and flex to the D0, clk, rst, cmd points. Second try was with np2016dr mosfet (from hwfly flex) soldered with wires - same result. And at last - V2 flex from hwfly V4.
At the middle of this torture, I thought that may be orig sx lite wrote some shit TX code to boot0/1 of this lite, that prevents rp2040 to do its job, so I decided to run it with hwfly v4.2 and it works as it should - booted hekate. I removed it, boot to stock and updated to 15.0.1, in order to get switch to pristine condition. After this I resume my attempts with V2 flex from hwfly. As you already read - no result :).
BTW I’ve noticed, that switch did not boot to stock with D0, clk, rst, cmd points soldered to rp2040, but sx/hwfly does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto