Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
whoami.png

My username is in the sauce :P

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool, I can wait.

I fail to understand how I could install PBT on 8.1 or above without Cubic Ninja. I didn't follow the scene for a while, I have some reading to do.

There will be a web exploit port in coming time. If you're on 4.5 just upgrade to 8.1-9.2 somehow and then wait until a web exploit is out. Then you can go and do it. :) (You may have to install the 9.2 web browser using PBT before updating if you're updating via a cart)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah really, at least give it a few days for people to start building on it.

Not really. This CFW alone doesn't mean anything. It's just a few lines of code with a fancy menu built on top of an existing arm9 loader (Brahma).
What people may start building on is Brahma, a project which had gone unnoticed by me and probably a lot of other people until now. However, porting the existing code to MSET and the browser is hard (it's based on ctrulib, which does not simply work there). Maybe it's easier to start from scratch for those entry points.
The key part in all of this is the (now finally public) knowledge on how to patch signature checks, which was released in the pastebin.

Reactions: Margen67

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
There will be a web exploit port in coming time. Just upgrade to 8.1-9.2 somehow and then wait until a web exploit is out. Then you can go and do it. :) (You may have to install the 9.2 web browser using PBT before updating if you're updating via a cart)

I've downgraded my 3DS from 9.2 to 4.5. What is the safest procedure to update it?

D

Deleted User

....aaaaand Xenoblade doesn't work. So back to what I originally said. We still need 9.4+ keys for this to be the end-all and get rid of Waitway for good.

That sounds like a great idea .. except.. until 9.6 encrypted games are coming out for New 3DS (maybe they already are?). Then who will do it if not for the Gateway team? I don't want to use something crippled like this pasta cfw. I hope people will prove me wrong, but considering the lack of motivation from real 3ds devs to work on this.. I have my doubts this cfw will grow beyond what it currently is

Reactions: Ericss and Margen67

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. This CFW alone doesn't mean anything. It's just a few lines of code with a fancy menu built on top of an existing arm9 loader (Brahma).
What people may start building on is Brahma, a project which had gone unnoticed by me and probably a lot of other people until now. However, porting the existing code to MSET and the browser is hard (it's based on ctrulib, which does not simply work there). Maybe it's easier to start from scratch for those entry points.
The key part in all of this is the knowledge on how to patch signature checks, which was released in the pastebin.

what about OOT?
and do you think this will this be able to work with rednand or emunand in the future?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
what about OOT?
and will this be able to work with rednand or emunand in the future?

OOT has the same issues as the other entry points, just less convenient.
emunand support is possible, but only someone with the knowledge for that can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Found a bag of unpopped pop corn expired March 23 eating it anyway +1