Hacking Cromchroll - A patch for Crunchyroll to allow it to work on banned/nintendo blocked switches!

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
Want to watch stuff off of crunchyroll on a banned/nintendo blocked switch?
1) Install Crunchyroll normally
2) Extract the attached ZIP to the SD root, it contains an exefs patch for crunchyroll
3) Enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy!
-systemdev

NOTE: 1.5.0 is the latest crunchyroll version, please use the zip that starts with 150 for that version! The 140 zip is for 1.4.0, and is only here for legacy reference reasons.

Attachments

• 150extracttosdroot.zip
    599 bytes · Views: 74
  • 140extracttosdroot.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by systemdev,

morterox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have incognito (the one that removes your serial) and I have just tried it and when I enter crunchyroll it is saying that my switch is offline but I am not offline

UPDATE: I was using crunchyroll ver 1.1.0, after updating it to 1.4.0 it works perfectly, so glad the dev did this! I would like to learn how to do this and start helping the community as well

Last edited by morterox,
Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have incognito (the one that removes your serial) and I have just tried it and when I enter crunchyroll it is saying that my switch is offline but I am not offline
Could you do two things to help me troubleshoot?
-Run "Fix Archive Bit" in Hekate, then reboot
-Check what version of Crunchyroll you're using

Reactions: morterox

morterox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Could you do two things to help me troubleshoot?
-Run "Fix Archive Bit" in Hekate, then reboot
-Check what version of Crunchyroll you're using
Ohhhhh so so so so sorry! I just found that I downloaded the installer and update from a website thinking it was the latest but it was 1.1.0, what I did was matching versions with my other unhacked switch and I updated it to 1.4.0 and now it is working!! Thank you very much!

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhhh so so so so sorry! I just found that I downloaded the installer and update from a website thinking it was the latest but it was 1.1.0, what I did was matching versions with my other unhacked switch and I updated it to 1.4.0 and now it is working!! Thank you very much!
Glad it's working! Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: morterox

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton, tested and works on my Switch!

Had to manually update to 1.4.0 is all, which is hard to find if someone already has a banned switch (I have another one that's not banned I used to share the update from)

Edit: May I ask what it patches in the exefs, or maybe what hex/bytes are changed? Would love to implement this into an installable patch for my friends

Reactions: mathew77

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity... If you install Crunchyroll onto emuNAND without this patch (so, just vanilla CR), and it runs just fine, does that mean that the Switch you have isn't banned?

diegocobo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW how the heck I install CRunchyroill normally on a softmodded Switch??, It doesnt appears on Tinfoil catalog, and I dont have an associated account with the eshop cause I dont want to be banned!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo