Original Nintendo Switch reveal video has been removed from YouTube

maxresdefault.jpg

In an interesting turn of events, the original Nintendo Switch reveal video, which dates back to 7 years ago on October 20th, 2016, has been removed from YouTube. While it is fun to rumour and speculate about the removal of the videos (with some even claiming the removal might have something to do with the rumoured Switch 2 console in development), the culprit of the removal comes down to nothing more but legal trouble regarding the reveal trailer.

According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.

It's quite interesting and ironic (not to say amusing) to see Nintendo being bit back by a copyright issue of all things, but at least, the rumours about an upcoming Switch 2 reveal due to the videos being made private can be put to rest... for a while at least.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Switch Reveal video backup

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting legal underpinning for sure

Although I doubt Nintendo cares their video is offline, it's not like they intend to make money off of a 7 year old switch reveal trailer

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should use the opportunity to surprise us with the Switch 2 reveal video anyway. The ol' double fake out.
Putting it out on the 20th, exactly 7 years after the original reveal would be pretty awesome.
Post automatically merged:

7 years ago and got removed just now? Odd.
Eh, sounds like it's a music rights thing, where the band themselves don't even own their own music (not unlike what happened to Taylor Swift).

Waddleclaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In an interesting turn of events, the original Nintendo Switch reveal video, which dates back to 7 years ago on October 20th, 2016, has been removed from YouTube. While it is fun to rumour and speculate about the removal of the videos (with some even claiming the removal might have something to do with the rumoured Switch 2 console in development), the culprit of the removal comes down to nothing more but legal trouble regarding the reveal trailer.

According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.

It's quite interesting and ironic (not to say amusing) to see Nintendo being bit back by a copyright issue of all things, but at least, the rumours about an upcoming Switch 2 reveal due to the videos being made private can be put to rest... for a while at least.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Switch Reveal video backup
I'm sure it doesn't really matter to nintendo, they're probably focusing on selling OLED units and developing their next console

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm willing to bet they themselves took it down, so a Switch 2 video can take it's place. :3
I mean, it would make sens. If people are searching for the "switch 2 reveal trailer", youtube will just ignore the "2" because the word is too short. So they removed the video so that when people look for the new one, it just pop in their face

Reactions: LeNoobio

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet they themselves took it down, so a Switch 2 video can take it's place. :3

That's what we're hoping. The original underpowered switch needs to be put into the godddamn ground. It was 3 years behind current standard in 2016 and its unacceptable by 2023 standards.

Most 3rd party developers have left the switch and 1st Party (mostly Nintendo) has taken over. Metroid Prime 4 and Hogwarts Legacy have likely shifted over to the new hardware and everyone else should (and likely are in secret)

However with the switch absolutely obliterating all previous release sales of handhelds and consoles, I see Nintendo putting minimal effort into the new successor.

Reactions: LeNoobio and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto