Original Nintendo Switch reveal video has been removed from YouTube

maxresdefault.jpg

In an interesting turn of events, the original Nintendo Switch reveal video, which dates back to 7 years ago on October 20th, 2016, has been removed from YouTube. While it is fun to rumour and speculate about the removal of the videos (with some even claiming the removal might have something to do with the rumoured Switch 2 console in development), the culprit of the removal comes down to nothing more but legal trouble regarding the reveal trailer.

According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.

It's quite interesting and ironic (not to say amusing) to see Nintendo being bit back by a copyright issue of all things, but at least, the rumours about an upcoming Switch 2 reveal due to the videos being made private can be put to rest... for a while at least.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Switch Reveal video backup

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something they put easter egg on game before release you never pay attention to easter egg before it disappear. Odd or spy i see spot it capture it

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
My sources tell me that this is because the Switch 2 is coming out, the timing is obvious with how they've just released major new games on the original Switch. It'll also be more powerful than a PS5, run at 4K 120FPS, have a battery life of twelve hours, and cost £200. It'll also be bolted to the ground in the shop where you purchase it.

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
we live in a world where dmca's and other takedowns have gone insane. you cant even preserve news coverage online and lawyers made all this legal mess possible. the world would be alot better place without lawyers.
DMCA sometimes just like a sht came from the past.
if you can remove past things like the video that is ok to be watch in 2016, then why dont you just go ask Michael Jackson do his own job, sue these [hide]mtfker[/hide] modern people who abuse his music.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it doesn't really matter to nintendo, they're probably focusing on selling OLED units and developing their next console
Who the hell spends $350 on a 6 year old console when the next one is expected to be released in 2024 or early 2025?

I mean, parents might due to Christmas coming up and they don't know much about it.

Reactions: Waddleclaws

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In an interesting turn of events, the original Nintendo Switch reveal video, which dates back to 7 years ago on October 20th, 2016, has been removed from YouTube. While it is fun to rumour and speculate about the removal of the videos (with some even claiming the removal might have something to do with the rumoured Switch 2 console in development), the culprit of the removal comes down to nothing more but legal trouble regarding the reveal trailer.

According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.

It's quite interesting and ironic (not to say amusing) to see Nintendo being bit back by a copyright issue of all things, but at least, the rumours about an upcoming Switch 2 reveal due to the videos being made private can be put to rest... for a while at least.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Switch Reveal video backup
Big Nintendo lawyers suing big Nintendo lawyers...

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know what to say about this. Everyone knows what the Switch is, but I do hope that people have made backups to this though lol
I have, in multiple formats. (Thanks to YouTube-DL, which now no longer works.) Also, at least as of right now, several other gaming sites have their copy of the trailer still.

Reactions: SylverReZ

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I have, in multiple formats. (Thanks to YouTube-DL, which now no longer works.) Also, at least as of right now, several other gaming sites have their copy of the trailer still.

Well wonderful. At least other people have the same video and if they all go down, we'll have someone else that'll have them in the highest quality possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto