Original Nintendo Switch reveal video has been removed from YouTube

maxresdefault.jpg

In an interesting turn of events, the original Nintendo Switch reveal video, which dates back to 7 years ago on October 20th, 2016, has been removed from YouTube. While it is fun to rumour and speculate about the removal of the videos (with some even claiming the removal might have something to do with the rumoured Switch 2 console in development), the culprit of the removal comes down to nothing more but legal trouble regarding the reveal trailer.

According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.

It's quite interesting and ironic (not to say amusing) to see Nintendo being bit back by a copyright issue of all things, but at least, the rumours about an upcoming Switch 2 reveal due to the videos being made private can be put to rest... for a while at least.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Switch Reveal video backup

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmm, no, ain't ironic at all, might be the most confusing word for people to use, it's not that hard to understand what means something to be ironic but well, what to expect from people that uploads this stupid thing as a New... Now about finding it amusing, what I find amusing is people hypocrisy or might be just ignorance or being dumb, but it's funny how people just ignores that every single day Sony for example does the same shit, but x10000 because they are into film and music industry/art, but... "hahaha Nintendo losers"... well yeah maybe but at least they didn't commit crimes against humanity as Microsoft have done for example, if you don't know what I'm talking about just read something that isn't related just to videogames, but where is the hate trending? Into their devices full of downloaded roms ( oh, I meant backups, sorry my mistake, I just download everything for free don't give a shit as I said ) emulating Nintendo games they love so much to play while saying how much they hate that company ^^.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I mean, it would make sens. If people are searching for the "switch 2 reveal trailer", youtube will just ignore the "2" because the word is too short. So they removed the video so that when people look for the new one, it just pop in their face
I like your way of thinking , its very smart actually

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have, in multiple formats. (Thanks to YouTube-DL, which now no longer works.) Also, at least as of right now, several other gaming sites have their copy of the trailer still.

What's the alternative then? :-/

I use IDM to conveniently download YT videos, but I assume it's not the best method to get them at the highest quality.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Reddit user TheyCallMeRadec, the song 'Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)' by White Denim can be heard in the reveal video for the Switch. Some of the tracks by White Denim are currently in legal limbo after a series of events regarding the band not having the rights to some of their remastered tracks, and also the original record distributor being purchased by another company, which effectively makes the legal situation regarding the "Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)" track quite difficult to settle.
Uno reverse card Nintendo, now you know how your fans feel...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because it'll open them up for legal action because it claims something that its not.

It may also contradict what the actual game ended up been and maybe it be relates to the announcement of its next shit console.

Remember that time they had this shit game running and their supposedly next gen hardware running on a watered down version of unreal.

Promoting shit improvements its shit next console will be able to do, you know, the stuff already possible and already done thanks to those that created the emulators.

And no doubt lies to get third parties on board to lie to fans again about better third party support.

But tuen likely whats the odds they'll shit this same game out again recycling the same shit they're already doing..... wow just because this time its email can do this and that it merits them to re release its old games again to its next shit console.

Hmmmm well, suppose its how they print money.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Nintendo lawyers suing big Nintendo lawyers...
Well, we do live in a dog eat dog world. :)

Big companies (sometimes) do shoot themselves in the foot. Big companies also are known for the left hand not knowing about the right hand’s existence. Or that there is even a body. The larger the company, the more severe this is.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, we do live in a dog eat dog world. :)

Big companies (sometimes) do shoot themselves in the foot. Big companies also are known for the left hand not knowing about the right hand’s existence. Or that there is even a body. The larger the company, the more severe this is.
an UroDogros? (uroboro dog)

• Haha
Reactions: slaphappygamer

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the alternative then? :-/

I use IDM to conveniently download YT videos, but I assume it's not the best method to get them at the highest quality.
Invidious uses Google's video storage for YouTube as a backend, and can also download videos. AFAIK, that's not in breach of Google's ToS, but don't just go downloading random vids to find out. Also, videos heavy-laden with DRM, marked as "private", or that are explicit in sex and/or violence may not be able to be played (usually gives a playback error), much less downloaded.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Interesting legal underpinning for sure

Although I doubt Nintendo cares their video is offline, it's not like they intend to make money off of a 7 year old switch reveal trailer
I've seen a lot of people ask if it's safe to turn the switch off with the game running- one of the main marketed features of the console entirely- so it's not like people are even watching the trailers to begin with

• Haha
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invidious uses Google's video storage for YouTube as a backend, and can also download videos. AFAIK, that's not in breach of Google's ToS, but don't just go downloading random vids to find out. Also, videos heavy-laden with DRM, marked as "private", or that are explicit in sex and/or violence may not be able to be played (usually gives a playback error), much less downloaded.
Thanks.

Did a comparison of Inv vs IDM with an anime video:

Inv - 1,311 kb/s
IDM - 2,766 kb/s

Invidious does separate the audio and video so they have to be downloaded individually and then muxed together which is an extra step.

To be fair there's a decent library for the current Switch.
There is, and in that case I'd go with a used console then. It's without a doubt that the successor will cost $350-$400 max.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invidious does separate the audio and video so they have to be downloaded individually and then muxed together which is an extra step.
I think it just simply downloads the video; of course, I always go with English-language vids. It's probably not compatible with extra YouTube features (and sometimes has issues with them if there are multiple language tracks for any of them). Yes, it's also slower than downloading straight from YouTube. Still, it's an alternative and it's also secure, so I welcome it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto