Nintendo Switch firmware 18.0.0 has been released

switchhhh.png

It's the first Nintendo Switch firmware update of 2024. Made available as of today is system software version 18.0.0, marking a new milestone. According to the patch notes, not much is brought to the table in this update, which features a new timer option for auto-sleep, and Korean as a supported language for the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls video. Under the hood, however, it looks there there's some substance, as it has broken support for Atmosphere. SciresM says that it'll take a few days to get around to, but expect to see a new Atmosphere update that supports version 18.0.0 in the near future.

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)​

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For those who cant wait and for some reason they got a switch on 18.0.0 if you search good enough there is an atmosphere version that works on 18.0.0. Just use that version, launch daybreak and downgrade to 17.0.1. The fuse count is the same so there will be no issues. The other way is using emmchacgen, as stated by impeeza, after you have got your prod.keys generated from the newer lockpick for version 18.0.0. For those who find difficult to use the 2nd method the 1st one is a better choice.
Happy (pre)June 15th everybody so you don't need to search for sketchy sites.

Hekate released the 6.1.1 version and NYX updated to 1.6.1

Also Sigpatches are updated.

Sys-Patch was upgraded to support FW 18.0.0

We are still waiting for the Theme support to be updated but for sure will happen soon.

The BootLogs patches can be created using the most recent version of Switch Logo Patcher by friedkeenan more instructions on https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-boot-logo-for-switch.569031/
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 428508
Let the whining commence!
oh, yeah that will be lots and lots, and/or a big batch of banning on the horizon.

So PLEASE PEOPLE, PLEASE, if you don't use Hekate's FSS0 parsing of Package3 INSTALL SYS-PATCH sysmodule.

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't really matter if they update the 3DS. NTRBoot and Sighax are still unpatchable. The EZ Flash Parallel has NTRBoot for $25. So it'll still be cheap and easy to softmod the 3DS no matter what Nintendo does via software updates.
Great news! My 3DS finally arrived today after 6 days of ordering it. :)

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

DungeonWand

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Happy (pre)June 15th everybody so you don't need to search for sketchy sites.

Hekate released the 6.1.1 version and NYX updated to 1.6.1

Also Sigpatches are updated.

Sys-Patch was upgraded to support FW 18.0.0

We are still waiting for the Theme support to be updated but for sure will happen soon.

The BootLogs patches can be created using the most recent version of Switch Logo Patcher by friedkeenan more instructions on

oh, yeah that will be lots and lots, and/or a big batch of banning on the horizon.

So PLEASE PEOPLE, PLEASE, if you don't use Hekate's FSS0 parsing of Package3 INSTALL SYS-PATCH sysmodule.
I kind of new to this. I just in case installed SYS-PATCH sysmodule but the module does to my sysnand? I only use my emunand for mods

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you should wait a bit longer.

So from what I gather, there are some apps that need updating!
So do we need to wait for a more stable atmosphere version to release later, next week if we want everything to work like with the usual updates in the past?

Apparently this is a pre-release right? and I've heard: "some homebrew apps & sysmodules may not work until they are updated, don't update if this is important to you"

If that's the case, i'll also wait a little longer

Reactions: SushiKing

kidnamedfinger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll be the first whiner.

Reminder that using any ROM on retroarch is software piracy. Even if you remove hardware accelerated homebrew support from atmosphére (which is ONLY used right now for piracy) and every other feature that aids in piracy, your repo will still be a target for Nintendo because nothing you do will ever be enough. It doesn't matter how much you hate software pirates (that beat their wives), no amount of evangelism will make you better than them. Morality as dictated by The Man states that console homebrewing is as bad as piracy, because freedom to connect a PS5 controller to your switch means no money when your 5th joycons break

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'll be the first whiner.

Reminder that using any ROM on retroarch is software piracy. Even if you remove hardware accelerated homebrew support from atmosphére (which is ONLY used right now for piracy) and every other feature that aids in piracy, your repo will still be a target for Nintendo because nothing you do will ever be enough. It doesn't matter how much you hate software pirates (that beat their wives), no amount of evangelism will make you better than them. Morality as dictated by The Man states that console homebrewing is as bad as piracy, because freedom to connect a PS5 controller to your switch means no money when your 5th joycons break
Who's beating their wives? What are you even on about? Your joycons break? Put hall effects in them like I did.

SmithyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always has been,

but today you have Atmosphère (prerelease), Hekate, Sys-Patch and sysmodules supporting,

Several Hombrew has been upgraded too. NXThemeInstaller, TegraExplorer, LockPick, Bitmap Printer...
Do you know where to find the latest version of TegraExplorer that is compatible with FW 18?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Does this mean sigpatches wont work anymore. Someone will have to fork it thanks to this BS. Sigpatches technically can perserve roms after they decay 50+ years might had jumped the gun in my opinion.
Patches will work, the only difference is Atmosphère fusee.bin will not load them anymore, so you need:

• Load them via Hekate's FSS0 and Package3
  • Use SYS-Patch sysmodule
  • Modify the source code and revert the changes and build new fusee.bin, or download the one on the sigpatches thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.