Nintendo Switch firmware 18.0.0 has been released

switchhhh.png

It's the first Nintendo Switch firmware update of 2024. Made available as of today is system software version 18.0.0, marking a new milestone. According to the patch notes, not much is brought to the table in this update, which features a new timer option for auto-sleep, and Korean as a supported language for the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls video. Under the hood, however, it looks there there's some substance, as it has broken support for Atmosphere. SciresM says that it'll take a few days to get around to, but expect to see a new Atmosphere update that supports version 18.0.0 in the near future.

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)​

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the best switch games to run on yuzu? I am stunned at how 95% of what I've thrown at it actually runs! Even on the steam deck...

why are there no Madden NFL games for the switch?

JP6ET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the best switch games to run on yuzu? I am stunned at how 95% of what I've thrown at it actually runs! Even on the steam deck...

why are there no Madden NFL games for the switch?
EA generally prefers releasing on Xbox/PlayStation due to their consoles being more powerful. The audience for Madden already has these consoles. While FIFA is on Switch it likely hasn't met EA's sales expectations. Thus, EA will likely avoid putting any substantial effort into porting a big series like Madden.

BlusterBong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet hacking the switch itself is still locked to the initial batch of consoles that were hackable at all because of Nvidia's fuckup. probably would have been better if the people who put effort into greeding thier way into making money with Yuzu's EA builds could spend that time actually finding potential ways to hack the console and making more than one CFW that works with different exploits so not all of them would break every update.

you know... kinda like the meme about nintnendo being slow about anything but lawsuits, but even less excusable.

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anybody who hasn't heard about the recent news, the sigpatches repo has been taken down due to a harsh DMCA claim by Nintendo. For now, if you're willing to mod your Switch on the latest firmware, do NOT update until new patches are created.
I'm too lazy to update emunand, so I'm not updating anytime soon, my sysnand is 17.0.1, and emunand is 16.1.0.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Still cant believe we are this close to the end of the switch life span and we havent received official themes aside from black and white... I'm sure people would be willing to pay for them. We just get icons. at least those are customizable now...

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Still cant believe we are this close to the end of the switch life span and we havent received official themes aside from black and white... I'm sure people would be willing to pay for them. We just get icons. at least those are customizable now...
Who cares about themes, just play the games.. we've had them for years with CFW and it's a 2 second novelty

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m an idiot. I got my Switch back from being modded and I was redownloading stuff because I had to reformat my SD card. I clicked on a demo and it said “Update” and I assumed it meant the game. But no it was the System. So that sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto