Nintendo Switch firmware version 17.0.0 released

dsadslap.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware has arrived. System software version 17.0.0 is now available to download. According to the official patch notes, there's not much of substance to the update, despite its new milestone version number; it's simply the traditional stability updates. It does, however, patch Atmosphere, with the CFW not working on the latest OFW. SciresM is currently working on support for 17.0.0, though a new update may be slightly delayed.

:arrow: Source

shokar530

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone asking I did a fresh install of pre release atmosphere with SD partitioned emunand using latest hekate.

sashka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: impeeza

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And you care because?
It’s more that I am disappointed that Nintendo did yet another major update that only served to annoy the Atmosphère team and literally nothing else. They continue to push out the most boring updates than strong arm the end user into updating or not having future games. Legit, Nintendo doesn’t need to be this shitty if they actually gave users a reason to want to update. It just seems more like Nintendo is more hell belt on fucking over homebrew users over giving an interesting experience

Reactions: J-Will

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So many people in here are just mad because they want to.
If you actually check what changed under the hood, then you notice that the 17.0.0 versioning is not because they want to annoy hombrewers or because they are stupid but because it actually makes sense in a case like this.

7 pages full of people who know absolutely nothing yet scream the loudest (with the occasional exception), its insane. Internet at its best.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So many people in here are just mad because they want to.
If you actually check what changed under the hood, then you notice that the 17.0.0 versioning is not because they want to annoy hombrewers or because they are stupid but because it actually makes sense in a case like this.

7 pages full of people who know absolutely nothing yet scream the loudest (with the occasional exception), its insane. Internet at its best.
Because they don't wanna try to find out. It's as simple as that. Oatmealdome already said it was a lot of changes. Even SciresM.

It's a massive update, not just visually.

Reactions: J-Will and Slluxx

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh ok. i try that
Post automatically merged:

prob is......i have so many cheats ....haha which one are my sys modules xD

and i have mods.....

is there any way to remove all sysmodules with hekate?

you need to remove all SYSMODULES, because the majority will need to be rebuild with latest libnx
i did replaced ams with a fresh install...no sysmodules....still no boot

it says unable to identify package1

Last edited by Purple_Heart,
  • Sad
Reactions: J-Will and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto