www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
War said:
Dr.Stiles said:
Hehe Moo said:
biggrin.gif
Have any of these requests actually been executed?

Actually, I agree. PLEASE start them. I really want to play A LOT of the games posted on this thread. :/
Posting in this thread won't magically make your requests come to life. This thread is basically just to give our FEW translators some ideas on what thye may want to translate next. If they're not interested, then they most likely won't translate the game. Don't come in here and make your request expecting it to be taken up and worked on immediately.
This thread had a nice start now everyone comes and posts bullshit and request translations for games that are gonna be released in the US.

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Noitora said:
War said:
Dr.Stiles said:
Hehe Moo said:
biggrin.gif

Actually, I agree. PLEASE start them. I really want to play A LOT of the games posted on this thread. :/
Posting in this thread won't magically make your requests come to life. This thread is basically just to give our FEW translators some ideas on what thye may want to translate next. If they're not interested, then they most likely won't translate the game. Don't come in here and make your request expecting it to be taken up and worked on immediately.
This thread had a nice start now everyone comes and posts bullshit and request translations for games that are gonna be released in the US.

Yeah.... I dunno whether they don't have brain or little thing called 'patience'....
rolleyes.gif

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
War said:
Dr.Stiles said:
Hehe Moo said:
biggrin.gif

Okay then, I guess I'll have to wait... :/

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, a lot of them. I don't really feel like going through them all, but about 80% of the games listed in this thread are either:

-Already coming to the US
-Niche games that only a small group of people would enjoy (Zoids games, etc)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Wow, you guys are really patient! If I were you, I would have already yelled at all the idiots that ask "SO HAO FAR ALONG IS ITTTT?" in every single goddamn page.You know...
After reading this comment I decided to check your thread out today War.
Suddenly, people in my thread don't seem so annoying.....
I was going to come and make a mock request using deplorable english...
But someone seems to have beaten me to it, using the same topic too:
QUOTE(herriot126 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:31 PM) Iz sumone going to do a translation of naruto shippuden: Dairasen! Kage Bunshin Emaki a full translation wud b3 nice i posted data of the game on page 25. Plz sum1 translate it that wud really b3 nice of u
smile.gif

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could try my best to translate Custom Battler Bomberman, if somebody would be willing to hack. I say "try my best" because I am not exactly an expert at translating video games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game which I'd like to see in English which apparently isn't coming to the US is Winds of Nostalgia. But I'd be a hypocrite for asking for a translation since I am a firm believer in "want it? do it yourself". So, I won't request this game. However, anyone who DOES translate it has my gratitude. See how I got by with that?
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
granville said:
The only game which I'd like to see in English which apparently isn't coming to the US is Winds of Nostalgia. But I'd be a hypocrite for asking for a translation since I am a firm believer in "want it? do it yourself". So, I won't request this game. However, anyone who DOES translate it has my gratitude. See how I got by with that?
tongue.gif
Noitora was working on a translation of it, but I think he stopped because he got bored of it/he heard it was being localized.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any interest in Square-Enix's Sigma Harmonics?

Sigma_Harmonics.jpg

945706_20080804_screen001.jpg
945706_20080804_screen002.jpg
945706_20080804_screen003.jpg

The game's been released in August 21 2008 in Japan, it's been labeled as a "Adventure RPG", mixing both styles in a single game. Despite getting a good 31 in Famitsu (8/7/8/8), having music by Masashi Hamauzu (made some of the best tracks in Final Fantasy X and is in charge of Final Fantasy XIII's OST) and quite some advertising, it hardly sold over 100.000 copies over there.

It's been six months since its release and there has been no word at all of a NA/EU version. Given the poor sales, I'm starting to believe it's unlikable the game will get localized. Here's a tip of a game that looks interesting and we most probably won't receive in english around there parts, in case anyone's interested.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Game Name:
Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero (???????? ???????, High Speed Card Battle: Card Hero)

Cardhero_nintendods_boxart.png

Release Date:
20th December 2007 (Japan)

Game Info:
Developed by Intelligent Systems (who are known for their critically acclaimed Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series of games), it's the sequel to the popular-in-Japan Trade and Battle: Card Hero that was on the Game Boy Color. Some of you may remember the Maruo Maruhige trophy from Super Smash Bros. Melee; that character is from this series. The Card Hero franchise also spawned a real-life Trading Card Game based on the rules and cards featured in the game. It's a card-battle RPG that features a good 120+ cards (which may not seem like much, but it's enough), and contains Wi-Fi/Wireless Multiplayer and the ability to download content from Nintendo's servers over Wi-Fi. I'd shed some light on what the story is about, but my Hiragana is quite rusty. It WAS awarded a score of 36/40 by Famitsu Magazine though, which is pretty excellent. The game has been released for over a year, similar to Soma Bringer, and has not been mentioned at all by NoA or NoE. It seems quite unlikely to receive any mention now, judging by the amount of time that's passed since it's initial release.

Screenshots/Videos:
There are a few decent screenshots here, and here's a trailer of the game. I tried to integrate the video into this post, but that didn't work, so I had to post a link to the video instead. I are very sorry. Very sorry indeed. D:

What I have to Offer:
Well, seeing as I'm only fluent in reading Katakana, and a few parts of Hiragana, I'll share some pretty useful information instead. The game already seems to have been translated in English, and the text files are hidden in the ROM. In the 'data' directory of the ROM, lies a folder called Msg. Inside Msg, there are three folders: jp, us, and kn. Jp contains the text files for all the Japanese language in the game, while us contains the English text in the game. I'm not currently aware of what language kn represents, for all I know it may not even represent a different language, and could just contain the Kanji used in the game, as the option to choose whether one would like the game displayed in Hiragana or Kanji is present. I did a swap of the jp and us directories, and then re-compiled the ROM, and that proved to be successful. While creating a save file, the message didn't display in Japanese, but displayed in standard English, and said it was creating a save file. The standard name for the main character, "Satoru", did not display as ???, which is how his name is spelt in Katakana, but rather in English writing. The problem however, was that the font for the save file message was rather large, therefore, the entire message was not shown, and only part of it was present. The game also hanged after choosing a name to use for the main character: I can only presume that the problems were one of the following: the font was too big, or it was the part during which the Hiragana/Kanji choice option would appear. Perhaps a translation project won't be necessary, but rather a ROM hack of sorts. I would've done it myself, but alas, I fail at these kind of things.
frown.gif

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this before, but I thought I would nonetheless (as I didn't see anyone talk about it when I searched. I apologize if it's been mentioned before, or if I've posted this in the wrong place. I probably haven't, but I should say sorry just in case). Thanks for acknowledging this post.
happy.gif

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sonicrax said:
Game Name:
Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero (???????? ???????, High Speed Card Battle: Card Hero)

Release Date:

Game Info:
Developed by Intelligent Systems (who are known for their critically acclaimed Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series of games, it's the sequel to the popular-in-Japan Trade and Battle: Card Hero that was on the Game Boy Color. Some of you may remember the Maruo Maruhige trophy from Super Smash Bros. Melee; that character is from this series. It's a card-battle RPG that features a good 120+ cards (which may not seem like much, but it's enough), and contains Multiplayer and the ability to download content from Nintendo's servers, over Wi-Fi or WLAN. I'd shed some light on what the story is about, but my Hiragana is quite rusty. It WAS awarded a score of 36/40 by Famitsu Magazine though, which is pretty excellent. The game has been released for over a year, similar to Soma Bringer, and has not been mentioned at all by NoA or NoE. It seems quite unlikely to receive any mention now, judging by the amount of time that's passed since it's initial release.

Screenshots/Videos:
There are a few decent screenshots here, and here's a trailer of the game. I tried to integrate the video into this post, but that didn't work, so I had to post a link to the video instead. I are very sorry. Very sorry indeed. D:

What I have to Offer:
Well, seeing as I'm only fluent in reading Katakana, and a few parts of Hiragana, I'll share some pretty useful information instead. The game already seems to have been translated in English, and the text files are hidden in the ROM. In the 'data' directory of the ROM, lies a folder called Msg. Inside Msg, there are three folders: jp, us, and kn. Jp contains the text files for all the Japanese language in the game, while us contains the English text in the game. I'm not currently aware of what language kn represents, for all I know it may not even represent a different language, and could just contain the Kanji used in the game, as the option to choose whether one would like the game displayed in Hiragana or Kanji is present. I did a swap of the jp and us directories, and then re-compiled the ROM, and that proved to be successful. While creating a save file, the message didn't display in Japanese, but displayed in standard English, and said it was creating a save file. The standard name for the main character, "Satoru", did not display as ???, which is how his name is spelt in Katakana, but rather in English writing. The problem however, was that the font for the save file message was rather large, therefore, the entire message was not shown, and only part of it was present. The game also hanged after choosing a name to use for the main character: I can only presume that the font was either too big, or it was the part during which the Hiragana/Kanji option would appear. Perhaps a translation project won't be necessary, but rather a ROM hack of sorts. I would've done it myself, but alas, I fail at these kind of things.
frown.gif

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this before, but I thought I would nonetheless (as I didn't see anyone talk about it when I searched. I apologize if it's been mentioned before, or if I've posted this in the wrong place. I probably haven't, but I should say sorry just in case). Thanks for acknowledging this post.
happy.gif

i second this one

herriot126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
War said:
Wow, you guys are really patient! If I were you, I would have already yelled at all the idiots that ask "SO HAO FAR ALONG IS ITTTT?" in every single goddamn page.You know...
QUOTE(herriot126 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:31 PM) Iz sumone going to do a translation of naruto shippuden: Dairasen! Kage Bunshin Emaki a full translation wud b3 nice i posted data of the game on page 25. Plz sum1 translate it that wud really b3 nice of u
smile.gif

Well yes, I did Speak improper English. But don't you guys think gloating and making fun of people just asking for help is a bit too much? AND YOUR DOING IT ONLINE. That's the worst part about it. It shows that you got nothing better to do. What you should do instead is say a simple no. I purposely begged because no one decided to say a word about my request. If you said a simple no, I'm pretty sure i would understand. Now you trying to make a fool out of me. What does that do for you? Does it help you? No. There was no reason for you to do this, but whatever.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
herriot126 said:
Well yes, I did Speak improper English. But don't you guys think gloating and making fun of people just asking for help is a bit too much? AND YOUR DOING IT ONLINE. That's the worst part about it. It shows that you got nothing better to do. What you should do instead is say a simple no. I purposely begged because no one decided to say a word about my request. If you said a simple no, I'm pretty sure i would understand. Now you trying to make a fool out of me. What does that do for you? Does it help you? No. There was no reason for you to do this, but whatever.
Who would have said no? You know this is a community there are obviously more than one guys romhacking here, I don't think they know what the others think.
Also someone told you that there's already a translation for it, because there are no recent updates that doesn't mean that the guy doing the translation has stopped. maybe he got fed off of noobs sending him emails to release a patch and shit and decided not to post new updates or whatever, also requesting in proper or improper English doesn't make a difference as long as you don't follow the guidelines in the first post. Also if you want the translation that badly go learn romhacking yourself, don't expect everyone to do things for you, romhackers weren't born with those skills, they acquired them by reading, effort, trial and error, wanna get the translation moving then go here and read your ass off: http://romhacking.net/start

Is that enough?

herriot126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonicrax said:
Game Name:

Release Date:

Game Info:
Developed by Intelligent Systems (who are known for their critically acclaimed Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series of games), it's the sequel to the popular-in-Japan Trade and Battle: Card Hero that was on the Game Boy Color. Some of you may remember the Maruo Maruhige trophy from Super Smash Bros. Melee; that character is from this series. The Card Hero franchise also spawned a real-life Trading Card Game based on the rules and cards featured in the game. It's a card-battle RPG that features a good 120+ cards (which may not seem like much, but it's enough), and contains Wi-Fi/Wireless Multiplayer and the ability to download content from Nintendo's servers over Wi-Fi. I'd shed some light on what the story is about, but my Hiragana is quite rusty. It WAS awarded a score of 36/40 by Famitsu Magazine though, which is pretty excellent. The game has been released for over a year, similar to Soma Bringer, and has not been mentioned at all by NoA or NoE. It seems quite unlikely to receive any mention now, judging by the amount of time that's passed since it's initial release.

Screenshots/Videos:

What I have to Offer:
Well, seeing as I'm only fluent in reading Katakana, and a few parts of Hiragana, I'll share some pretty useful information instead. The game already seems to have been translated in English, and the text files are hidden in the ROM. In the 'data' directory of the ROM, lies a folder called Msg. Inside Msg, there are three folders: jp, us, and kn. Jp contains the text files for all the Japanese language in the game, while us contains the English text in the game. I'm not currently aware of what language kn represents, for all I know it may not even represent a different language, and could just contain the Kanji used in the game, as the option to choose whether one would like the game displayed in Hiragana or Kanji is present. I did a swap of the jp and us directories, and then re-compiled the ROM, and that proved to be successful. While creating a save file, the message didn't display in Japanese, but displayed in standard English, and said it was creating a save file. The standard name for the main character, "Satoru", did not display as ???, which is how his name is spelt in Katakana, but rather in English writing. The problem however, was that the font for the save file message was rather large, therefore, the entire message was not shown, and only part of it was present. The game also hanged after choosing a name to use for the main character: I can only presume that the font was either too big, or it was the part during which the Hiragana/Kanji option would appear. Perhaps a translation project won't be necessary, but rather a ROM hack of sorts. I would've done it myself, but alas, I fail at these kind of things.
frown.gif

happy.gif

Seems like a good game. I recommend this a translation of this.

Noitora said:
QUOTE(herriot126 @ Feb 15 2009, 09:47 PM) Well yes, I did Speak improper English. But don't you guys think gloating and making fun of people just asking for help is a bit too much? AND YOUR DOING IT ONLINE. That's the worst part about it. It shows that you got nothing better to do. What you should do instead is say a simple no. I purposely begged because no one decided to say a word about my request. If you said a simple no, I'm pretty sure i would understand. Now you trying to make a fool out of me. What does that do for you? Does it help you? No. There was no reason for you to do this, but whatever.
Who would have said no? You know this is a community there are obviously more than one guys romhacking here, I don't think they know what the others think.
Also someone told you that there's already a translation for it, because there are no recent updates that doesn't mean that the guy doing the translation has stopped. maybe he got fed off of noobs sending him emails to release a patch and shit and decided not to post new updates or whatever, also requesting in proper or improper English doesn't make a difference as long as you don't follow the guidelines in the first post. Also if you want the translation that badly go learn romhacking yourself, don't expect everyone to do things for you, romhackers weren't born with those skills, they acquired them by reading, effort, trial and error, wanna get the translation moving then go here and read your ass off: http://romhacking.net/start

Is that enough?
OK, thanks that REALLY got me motivated. But, really thanks, that just showed me that this is not the place to be asking for help and i guess all i really got is myself. I'm going to try to make an effort and you guys keep up the good job. I respect you guys for all your translations and i thought one more thing would not hurt. I was wrong, so I'm sorry for it.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I just wanted to address two games really quick.

Harvest Moon: Welcome To The Wind Bazaar - There's a good chance it will get localized. Translators don't want to waste their time on a game that will eventually get localized.

Sigma Harmonics - I'm pretty sure it was already requested, and there was already a thread or two about it. The game has a special type of encrypted files which I believe can't be cracked yet. Also there was a problem with the text because it scrolled from top to bottom.

Kousoku Card Battle - That one seems possible.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
herriot126 said:
twiztidsinz said:
War said:
smile.gif

First, seriously... go back and re-read your post.
That wasn't improper English, that was a cringe worthy butchering of English.

Second, as for having 'showing that have nothing better to do', I am working on a translation of a game.
I came here because I heard the game I was interested (Ragnarok DS) in was being translated. Rather than doing nothing about it - even though I had no prior knowledge of ROM hacking nor can I read Japanese -- I decided to do my best to help out and learn as I go.

Third you admit you purposely begged, and I would guess by your later reply that you chose to use the type of spelling/grammar you used on purpose, intentionally opening up yourself to ridicule.
Also, that's not the greatest way to ask for someone to pick up a project. They will have to put time and effort into fulfilling your request, you should be willing to put some time and effort into your request, or at least to use proper English and spellcheck.

You are right on two points though:
1). The answer would have been 'no' no matter how you asked. Naruto is a popular IP in the United States and there is very little doubt that it will have a US release very shortly.
2). It did not do anything for me or help me in anyway. I was wrong to ridicule you, and for that I apologize.
But you should realize that it was no ones fault but yours for using such horrible language in the first place.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
War said:
I just wanted to address two games really quick.

Harvest Moon: Welcome To The Wind Bazaar - There's a good chance it will get localized. Translators don't want to waste their time on a game that will eventually get localized.

Sigma Harmonics - I'm pretty sure it was already requested, and there was already a thread or two about it. The game has a special type of encrypted files which I believe can't be cracked yet. Also there was a problem with the text because it scrolled from top to bottom.

Kousoku Card Battle - That one seems possible.

Then you mean the Harvest Moon: Welcome To The Wind Bazaar will be translate or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Thanks, dear. @K3Nv2