Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Sergio_de_Loco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi,
I'm having trouble with Ocarina cheats for Mario Party 6 & 7.
Basically, I just want to have all the minigames, boards and characters unlocked when playing with the microphone.
I can't use my save files because I have to turn off the memory card emulation for the gc mic to work.
Hence I need the cheats...

My USB Loader GX app and games are on an external drive.
I followed the guide by Jax_Ripper and can't seem to get the cheats to pop up for me except one time for mp6 and they didn't work.

I have the Ocarina app in the apps folder (unsure if necessary for USB loader gx).

"codes" and "txtcodes" folders in drive root - D:\codes and D:\txtcodes.

I put GP6P01.txt and GP7P01.txt in "txtcodes", GP6P01.gct and GP7P01.gct in "codes" folder.

In game settings>Game load turned Ocarina ON, tried turning Ocarina ON in Loader settings as well, tried using global settings in game settings with Loader set as Ocarina ON and all combinations and still can't get the list of cheats to pop up when clicking Ocarina for each of the two games.
"Error - Cannot find the cheat file" or a similar message.

Checked the paths in loader settings
usb:\codes and usb:\txtcodes

The txt files are from gamehacking.org and tried different ones I found online.
Tried generating cgt files with code manager and tried downloaded cgt files.

The one time where the cheat list did pop up and I could turn them ON and OFF and click create I believe it was for the European version of the game and I have the US one. However, the cheats didn't work.

I hope I'm missing a very simple step but can't find any guide that's different from what I did numerous times.

tnerrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Just confirming it was Modmii's region change guide that solved it for you?
Yep. I can install the priiloader immediately after the region change.

EDIT: Actually, that's not exactly right. Here's how it goes:
The modmii guide told me to install the following 12 files using MMM

EULA-NUS-v3
IOS11v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS20v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS30v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS40v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS50v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS52v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS60v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS70v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
IOS80v65535(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP-RC24])
Region-Select-NUS-v2
SystemMenu_4.1U_v449

and then install priiloader, and THEN use Any Region Changer ModMii Edition.

So, priiloader was already installed before I use the 'Any Region Changer'.
Edited the post just in case you need this information.

Last edited by tnerrot,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Nintendont run an oversized (modified) Gamecube game image?

Alternatively, can the USB loaders run a Gamecube game image frankensteined into a Wii game image?

(Real question: can we make a definitive Skies of Arcadia Legends version that has the non-compressed/original Dreamcast soundtrack that runs on real hardware? Some breadcrumbs I found: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-skies-of-arcadia-legends--26018?page=44 )

sbga420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently dusted off and updated the softmod and homebrew on my Wii. Interested in playing some multiplayer Wii and gc with my girlfriend and her daughter, but I currently only have two wiimote/nunchuks. Was thinking I would just get another wiimote and a classic controller, now I know that would be sufficient for Wii games but how about gc? I'm not sure if nintendont supports multiple wiimotes at a time or just one. My Wii has the GC ports so should I just get some GC controllers for nintendont?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I've recently dusted off and updated the softmod and homebrew on my Wii. Interested in playing some multiplayer Wii and gc with my girlfriend and her daughter, but I currently only have two wiimote/nunchuks. Was thinking I would just get another wiimote and a classic controller, now I know that would be sufficient for Wii games but how about gc? I'm not sure if nintendont supports multiple wiimotes at a time or just one. My Wii has the GC ports so should I just get some GC controllers for nintendont?

Whatever is cheaper. As far as I know Nintendont fully supports Gamecube controllers and Wiimotes. I recommend Gamecube controllers to save in batteries. It adds up if you play a lot.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my Wii with mod mii.

It gave me a bad version of wiiflow. Also it seems neogamma doesn’t work anymore. When I try to launch a disc with it it ends up just loading back to the system menu.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I recently updated my Wii with mod mii.

It gave me a bad version of wiiflow. Also it seems neogamma doesn’t work anymore. When I try to launch a disc with it it ends up just loading back to the system menu.
I'm not sure I would call it a bad version of Wiiflow, it was the latest and best version available just 9 months ago or so. Currently it is a release or two behind, but just update it from oscwii.org and you'll be fine (or perhaps you can update from within the app itself)

The next modmii update will ensure that modmii always gets the latest version of Wiiflow and other regularly updates apps.

Edit : @jeannotte, yes it's that version of neogamma, same as here
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/blob/master/temp/NeoGammaR9beta56.zip

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I took out my pretty, pretty outdated Wii, and wanted to update some things. Everything fine, I updated Priiloader etc. but then, I wanted to update Wiiflow and I got the latest release of Wiiflow Lite, I wiped out the old carpets and fresh installed everything but every time I launch the application from the HBC, it sends me back to the system menu. I am 100 % sure that I have the correct IOS because the old Wiiflow version worked pretty good, via USB and all. But now I can't even start it. What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol