XP
Country
Hi!
my first post here, just a beginner.
just started to follow the guide and a problem appeared quickly

File
Wii ----------------------

5. Insert the SD card into your Wii.

6. Go to your Messageboard (button on bottom-right of Menu) and navigate to "Yesterday" (depending on your timezone, the exploit could show up under "Today").
My issue is with point number 6. I formatted my pendrive downloaded all the data when i insert it to wii and go to messageboard i do not see the exploit anywhere..(tried with sd card as well-same results)
what can be the issue?
thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

first, the pen drive will not work to softmod your Wii.
Only use the SD card, like explained in step 5.

Then, if you don't see any messages on the message board on "today" or "yesterday" or "the day before" depending the time zone, then you probably forgot or wrongly type the MAC address.
Check each step of the guide carefully and try again. put everything located on the "put on SD CARD" folder on the SD card (do not copy the folder itself on the SD card, but the content of the folder)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I've softmodded my Wii, but now I just realized, I don't have the Netflix channel. Can I just download it from the Shop Channel, or will my Wii get bricked because it is hacked?

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And you need USB Loader GX revision 1203 (not v3.0 r1180!)
There are newer beta version released after the official/stable 3.0
Go to the USBGX stickied topic on this forum, near the last page of the topic you will find a link to r1203.
extract the boot.dol which is located inside the IOS249 folder in the zip, to your SD or USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Launch it from the homebrew channel or the forwarder.
I think I have version 1203 but im not sure how do you check this?
and my HDD is set up in 3 partitions 1 is for normal hard drive useage one is setup for WBFS for my wii games and the 3rd is for GC games, i think the wii one is set up as the primary thing and all those games are loading/playing fine in usbloader gx but the Gamecube games arent showing up, I went to Hard Drive Settings and turned on Multiple Partitions should this mean that both the Wii and GC games should be showing/playing?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Afaik DM(L) only supports loading from the first partition
(No idea about Devolution)
Maybe try that with some usb stick

If it helps reorder the partitions or switch away from wbfs partitions

lilzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it has been at least 3 years since i last read everything to know about softmodding. Back then i downgraded and installed the HBC. Installed cios222 and CFG usb loader for loading my backups from fat32.

Now i dusted of the wii again and updated the HBC. Then updated CFG to version 70 (chose the wrong one and had to delete it completely and put the new one on). Then tried to load one of my backups and it freezes on "Trying to boot from disck. Please wait..."

To try and resolve this i reinstalled ios236 and installed d2x (in 248 slot) using GAF's tutorial. But it still freezes.

Can anyone please help me (my original disks still work fine, but i want to fix this)? I don't know what to do and forgot everything i used to know about this.

EDIT: I tried usbloader GX and changed IOS to 248 and suddenly it works. Anyone know what's happening?

Net Sphere Engin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys I want to buy this Wii:

http://www.unicoshop.com.br/p/2122015/Video Game Nintendo Wii, Cor Preto Jogo Mario Kart Controle Wii Remote Controle Nunchuck Volante Wii Wheel

Sorry it's a brazilian site but this is the Wii that come with mario kart wii and it can play gamecube games!

This is a recent manufactured Wii and I think it will come with firmware 4.3 can someone confirm that?

anyway if it come with firmware 4.3 can I safely use this part of the thread "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below":

Modify 4.2/4.3
The actual hacking guide for 4.2/4.3. Only will work for those on a 4.2/4.3 firmware.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link mod.zip by emailing [email protected] (you should get a reply with links in a few seconds).
FORMAT your SD card.
Extract the "mod.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii (unless you are using Letterbomb, then keep it in the computer).

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii via exploit.

Letterbomb
For all Wii's on 4.3.
WARNING! Spoilers inside!
First, go to your sd card you just copied everything to, and delete the private folder.​
Now, power on the Wiim and go to Settings -> Internet -> Console Information and write down the MAC Address.​
Next, go to the Letterbomb site, select your region, type in the MAC Address you copied above, uncheck Bundle the HackMii Installer for Me, fill in the captcha and cut either wire.​
It will begin downloading a small zip file, open this file, and you will see a private folder, copy and paste it into the root of the sd card.​
Now you can place the sd card into the Wii and power it on (if it isn't already).​
Go to the Messageboard and navigate to Yesterday (depending on your timezone, it could also show up under Today).​
Click on the envelope with the pinkish Bomb looking thingy.​
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.​

Finishing this steps I'm all good to go? To play Wii and gamecube games with no problems?

Also what the hell happened with my nick in here? I think it used to be Net Sphere Engineer and now it was cut! Well It was long time ago I coould have forgotten :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey guys I want to buy this Wii:

http://www.unicoshop.com.br/p/2122015/Video Game Nintendo Wii, Cor Preto Jogo Mario Kart Controle Wii Remote Controle Nunchuck Volante Wii Wheel

Sorry it's a brazilian site but this is the Wii that come with mario kart wii and it can play gamecube games!

This is a recent manufactured Wii and I think it will come with firmware 4.3 can someone confirm that?

anyway if it come with firmware 4.3 can I safely use this part of the thread "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below":

Modify 4.2/4.3
The actual hacking guide for 4.2/4.3. Only will work for those on a 4.2/4.3 firmware.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link mod.zip by emailing [email protected] (you should get a reply with links in a few seconds).
FORMAT your SD card.
Extract the "mod.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii (unless you are using Letterbomb, then keep it in the computer).

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii via exploit.

Letterbomb
For all Wii's on 4.3.
WARNING! Spoilers inside!
First, go to your sd card you just copied everything to, and delete the private folder.​
Now, power on the Wiim and go to Settings -> Internet -> Console Information and write down the MAC Address.​
Next, go to the Letterbomb site, select your region, type in the MAC Address you copied above, uncheck Bundle the HackMii Installer for Me, fill in the captcha and cut either wire.​
It will begin downloading a small zip file, open this file, and you will see a private folder, copy and paste it into the root of the sd card.​
Now you can place the sd card into the Wii and power it on (if it isn't already).​
Go to the Messageboard and navigate to Yesterday (depending on your timezone, it could also show up under Today).​
Click on the envelope with the pinkish Bomb looking thingy.​
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.​

Finishing this steps I'm all good to go? To play Wii and gamecube games with no problems?

Also what the hell happened with my nick in here? I think it used to be Net Sphere Engineer and now it was cut! Well It was long time ago I could have forgotten :)
This should work fine getting you the basics.
To play Wii and GameCube off of USB you will also need a backup loader. For it to play Wii games you'll also need a cIOS and for it to play GameCube games you'll also need DIOS-MIOS.

Running ModMii and having IT give you a guide to follow and download all the stuff you need for you will also give you the cIOS.
Here's a guide to install DiosMios :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-p...s-from-sd-or-usb-using-dios-mios-lite.318585/
Here's a table to compare the different, recent Backup Loaders available :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders.333364/

Net Sphere Engin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thx man! You already did that in a new Wii with firmware 4.3 already installed? ? It's 100% safe as long as I stick with the steps? I mean I saw this and got real scared:

I'm on 4.3, is there anything I can do?

You can try using the Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns methods to launch DOP-Mii or WAD Manager and roll back according to the above methods. This may be risky and could brick you Wii, so we will not go into details at the moment. If you are competent enough to understand the first sentence of this paragraph and execute it yourself, please comment below about your experience. Otherwise, you should probably wait for more information and a more bullet-proof method.

got from this site: http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/w/page/8844392/Firmware

If I use this Letterbombin a brand new out of the box Wii with 4.3 already installed the Wii will be just like any other softmoded Wii? I mean only the process of softmodding will be different but it will have the same functions as a old softmodded white Wii?

Also playing with a USB HD can slow down the games or it's perfect? I ask that cause PS2 can use the USB to play games but they don't work properly like slowdowns and stuff (well it's another system I'm just curious ok)

Sorry to be such a chicken :( I just don't want to buy a Wii and brick it right away.

EDIT: Ok change of plans! I'm going to use MODMII! seems safer that way!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I have version 1203 but im not sure how do you check this?
and my HDD is set up in 3 partitions 1 is for normal hard drive useage one is setup for WBFS for my wii games and the 3rd is for GC games, i think the wii one is set up as the primary thing and all those games are loading/playing fine in usbloader gx but the Gamecube games arent showing up, I went to Hard Drive Settings and turned on Multiple Partitions should this mean that both the Wii and GC games should be showing/playing?
to check the current revision : Settings > last page > Crédit menu. Look at the top.
You will see :
- Current revision
- Current/default cIOS used by the loader
- Current DIOS MIOS (Lite) or QuadForce or Devolution version available for the loader.

You can list Gamecube games located on your 3rd partition, but you can't play them with DIOS MIOS.
Like PsyBlade said, it requires to be on the first partition, and in FAT32.

If you still want to "see" them for convenience (or to use Devolution) :
Settings > User's Paths > "Main GameCube Path" : Click at the bottom to switch to USB2 and select the path "USB2:/games/"

The loader is only listing partition in FAT32/NTFS/ext, so you will see only 2 partition numbers (1=first partition, and 2= third usable partition)

DarK_HumOuR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all

before 1 year i updated my wii from 3.2 to 4.2e, via modmii.
everything was fine.
i left my wii without playing for one year and these days i desided to play it back.
i downloaded pes 2013 and i tryed to play but.. nothing.
i get an error after the KONAMI menu, and when i try to play it via wiigator3 it gives me error #002.
i dont know anything about usb loaders, but i just have a usb loader channel on my menu.. i always run games in burned DVD's via backup loaders.
i have wiikey 1.9s.pal.
my info said: system menu v4.2 on ios70
europe
my homebrew is 1.1.0 (IOS58 V.24.32)
and also i have installed:
multi-mod manager 13.4
accio hacks
gecko os 1.9.3.1
ios236 installer v5 mod
priiiloader 236
simple ios patcher 1.11
hackmii installer
bootmii v1.4 sysmenu: 4.2E boot1b boot2v2 NAND FS usage: 88.2

i did a backup via bootmii.

please tell me what can i do? should i go to 4.3, or my problem is different? are my loaders too old?
i think i can go easily to 4.3 via modmii.

i am not an expert in wii hacking. i m from Greece and i have difficulty to understand tons of information data as described at forums..
frown.png

hope someone helps me,

Stavros

p.s. i just take a report via syscheck:
sysCheck v2.1.0b18 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: Unknown
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v2
Found 133 titles.
Found 43 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4633): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 20, Info: rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: rev 18): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/09/11.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the easiest fix for #002 is USBloader.
Your system is correctly updated/softmoded for all loaders to work fine.

Just choose one based on your vidual preferences, and put it on your SD card or USB, then launch it from HBC or from the channel you already have on the Wii (it launch the loader present in your SD or USB).
Use the USBloader to dump (or redump from the backup) the game to a wbfs file format.
Default settings for all loaders should fix that error.

Reactions: DarK_HumOuR

drewmg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was looking at the instructions for NANDClean, and this bit here gave me some pause:

8) Delete the System menu App? This is a dangerous one. Preloader (Priiloader) can only boot the system menu thanks to this (Since Preloader takes the place of the system menu, it has to install this app to boot the system menu). If you remove it before you removed preloader (by installing your system menu wad), you will end up having no system menu. So be sure you installed your system menu wad before removing this!
How can you know this? If you have no preloader (priiloader) when holding the reset button at boot, you have installed your system menu wad.
As extra safety, you'll have to press + then - to delete the system menu App.

I have Priiloader, I'd like to get rid of it... So my question is, how do you install your system menu wad?

DarK_HumOuR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the easiest fix for #002 is USBloader.
Your system is correctly updated/softmoded for all loaders to work fine.

Just choose one based on your vidual preferences, and put it on your SD card or USB, then launch it from HBC or from the channel you already have on the Wii (it launch the loader present in your SD or USB).
Use the USBloader to dump (or redump from the backup) the game to a wbfs file format.
Default settings for all loaders should fix that error.

thanx for the answer.
some more noob questions please.
- could i have more than one usb loaders installed, and choose the each one depending of circumstances? Wiiflow 4+ and USB Loader GX i think are fine.. can i install both of them via modmii?
- which is the best way to format my usb HDD? fat 32, ntfs or wbfs? is it better to make partitions? is there any tutorial about installing and using them?
- you said: "Use the USBloader to dump (or redump from the backup) the game to a wbfs file format."
what do you mean? to use the usbloader to read and convert the ISO that i have the game? i deleted the ISO file of the game. i only have it in a burned DVD disk now..

thanx again bro!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. You can have many homebrew at the same time.
USBloaders are homebrew installed (copied) on your SD card. The homebrew channel list all of them, you choose the one you want to launch (emulator, usbloader, game, application, etc.).
I don't know about PostLoader4.
It's not "installed" via modmii, you can download the files yourself and put them on your SD card. Modmii can certainly to the download for you, but I never used it to download the loaders so I don't know if it download the latest betas version of the loaders.
You better search by yourself (click on each stickied topic in this USBLoader section of the forum)

2. best format:
FAT32 can't have file bigger than 4GB, while NTFS can (if you use your partition for computer storage purpose at the same time, it's good to have a NTFS partition)
FAT32 can have Wii games of any size (as they are split automatically in multiple 4GB files).
FAT32 is required for GameCube backups, and some homebrew.
Homebrew Channel list connected devices in FAT32 only.
If you use old homebrew with FAT32, your partition may become slow (can be fixed manually). but if you use NTFS, old homebrew will not work at all.

If you want, you can make more than one partition : Make the first one in FAT32, the others like you want (ntfs, or fat32).
I don't have any guide in mind.

3. I said "Redump the game" because you don't have the ISO anymore.
so you need to dump the disc to create an ISO again to use it with USBloaders.
USBloaders are used to copy/dump game disc (retail or burned disc) to USB (iso, or wbfs file).

the WBFS file is the ISO but with only the useful game data.

4. Most USBLoaders can launch games from burnt disc too.
So, you don't need to create an iso if you don't have/don't want to use extrenal USB HDD.
launch the USBloader from the homebrew channel without a HDD connected, and launch your game from the disc option. It will use the correct settings to prevent the error #002.

Reactions: DarK_HumOuR

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I was looking at the instructions for NANDClean, and this bit here gave me some pause:

8) Delete the System menu App? This is a dangerous one. Preloader (Priiloader) can only boot the system menu thanks to this (Since Preloader takes the place of the system menu, it has to install this app to boot the system menu). If you remove it before you removed preloader (by installing your system menu wad), you will end up having no system menu. So be sure you installed your system menu wad before removing this!
How can you know this? If you have no preloader (priiloader) when holding the reset button at boot, you have installed your system menu wad.
As extra safety, you'll have to press + then - to delete the system menu App.

I have Priiloader, I'd like to get rid of it... So my question is, how do you install your system menu wad?

When you Switch ON your Wii, it launch : Boot sequence -> System menu (it's a file)
When you install priiloader, it renames the real System menu file to something else and install itself as the original System menu name.
Power ON -> Boot sequence -> System menu (which is now Priiloader file, but the Wii doesn't know) -> whatever you want to auto-launch at start by Priiloader (can be the system menu new filename)

Installing a real System menu over priiloader, it will install over the expected system menu file, the wii doesn't expect to find priiloader so it just replace it with a real menu file.
leaving you with two different system menu : the real one, and the renamed one which is unused.

By reading the explanation you posted, I suppose the option to "Delete system menu app" is only to delete the new renamed system menu file to clean the NAND from unuseful content.

If you never installed Priiloader, you don't need this tool.
If you had priiloader, you can clean it
if you still have priiloader and use this tool, you won't be able to launch the system menu anymore but you can still go to priiloader to boot HBC or any dol to reinstall it (and delete priiloader).

finallygreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So I've just spent the last few hours reading and absorbing info on the forum...now I think it's time to get my feet wet!

I've just pulled my red anniversary Wii from the box (it's been sitting brand new in a closet for a couple of years lol) and I want to softmod it. There seems a zillion ways to do this, but Modmii seems to be one of the most recommended routes. I've also read a lot about how greatly recommended it is to be on 4.1 vs 4.3. So here's my questions:

1. Is Modmii the way to go, or is there some 'more preferred' way these days?
2. CAN the red anniversary Wii be downgraded to 4.1?
3. If the answer to #2 is YES, what is the order of activity here? Do I softmod with Modmii (or whatever's preferred) and THEN worry about downgrading? Or do I downgrade first?

OK....I think answers to those will at least get me on my way :) I greatly appreciate whatever help you offer!

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I left the wii scene for almost 2 years but want to get back to playing the new Zelda game now that school is over. How do I update my wii to do that? My system is already soft modded and I have usbloader gx installed.

Is there anyway to update my system menu to 4.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn