Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think I just bricked my Wii. Next step?
I tried to download netflix from the shop channel to my sd card and it froze 2/3 of the way through the download. i force reset my wii after about 10 minutes of waiting. then i turned it back on, bootmii started up, and i get a black screen whenever i load either the homebrew channel or the system menu
am i fucked?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I tried to download netflix from the shop channel to my sd card and it froze 2/3 of the way through the download. i force reset my wii after about 10 minutes of waiting. then i turned it back on, bootmii started up, and i get a black screen whenever i load either the homebrew channel or the system menu
am i fucked?
You DO have bootmii which is good news. Do you have a NAND backup?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i fucked?
You DO have bootmii which is good news. Do you have a NAND backup?

I think I should somewhere on my laptop from the last few years (same wii). What should I search for to find the file? Can I use somebody else's NAND backup, or do I have to use the one that I made exclusively?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think I should somewhere on my laptop from the last few years (same wii). What should I search for to find the file? Can I use somebody else's NAND backup, or do I have to use the one that I made exclusively?
Yours would be the best. There are tools to "convert" someone else's to work with your Wii or make a clean NAND dump for your Wii but your own would be the best. Even then, though, you'd lose all your game saves you'd made up to this point since the last time you'd backed up and any other system changes like installed channels, IOS, cIOS and such and you'll have to re-install them. (ModMii will be your friend there.) BEFORE restoring your Wii with the backup I'd make a NEW backup of your current "bricked" state JUST IN CASE.

It would be nice, though, if you could just figure out how to fix what went wrong in one simple step without having to go through all that. You said HBC doesn't load from BootMii anymore? Did you have PriiLoader? (hold down the reset button while it's trying to boot into the system menu if you're not sure. That should bring it up if you have it.)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yours would be the best. There are tools to "convert" someone else's to work with your Wii or make a clean NAND dump for your Wii but your own would be the best. Even then, though, you'd lose all your game saves you'd made up to this point since the last time you'd backed up and any other system changes like installed channels, IOS, cIOS and such and you'll have to re-install them. (ModMii will be your friend there.) BEFORE restoring your Wii with the backup I'd make a NEW backup of your current "bricked" state JUST IN CASE.

It would be nice, though, if you could just figure out how to fix what went wrong in one simple step without having to go through all that. You said HBC doesn't load from BootMii anymore? Did you have PriiLoader? (hold down the reset button while it's trying to boot into the system menu if you're not sure. That should bring it up if you have it.)

I think I have Priiloader installed, I'll check it out when I get home. Having a clean reset of my Wii sounds appealing, though, since I only use my Wii for Project: M and Netflix. My current state was kind of fucked and I couldn't figure out the problems (the channel management screen under the system menu would freeze whenever I tried to delete any channels, which was a huge annoyance that I couldn't figure out how to fix)

Also, are there any downsides to doing a clean NAND dump if I don't mind losing all of my data?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think I have Priiloader installed, I'll check it out when I get home. Having a clean reset of my Wii sounds appealing, though, since I only use my Wii for Project: M and Netflix. My current state was kind of fucked and I couldn't figure out the problems (the channel management screen under the system menu would freeze whenever I tried to delete any channels, which was a huge annoyance that I couldn't figure out how to fix)

Also, are there any downsides to doing a clean NAND dump if I don't mind losing all of my data?
The only think I was asking about PriiLoader for was to see if the HBC worked from THERE even though it didn't work from BootMii. If you have no problem starting from scratch that sounds like it would work. With the channel problem it sound like you had SOMETHING corrupted anyway and that very well may have been part of the problem that got you bricked in the first place. I wouldn't know much about that, though. I'd say @JoostinOnline and @deadlyfoez know more but we'll just see if the @ sign brings them or not.

As far as the clean NAND dump, the worst it could do is leave you like you already are with only bootmii running. Still, just in case I'd back up your current state before applying the clean NAND dump.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The only think I was asking about PriiLoader for was to see if the HBC worked from THERE even though it didn't work from BootMii. If you have no problem starting from scratch that sounds like it would work. With the channel problem it sound like you had SOMETHING corrupted anyway and that very well may have been part of the problem that got you bricked in the first place. I wouldn't know much about that, though. I'd say @JoostinOnline and @deadlyfoes know more but we'll just see if the @ sign brings them or not.

As far as the clean NAND dump, the worst it could do is leave you like you already are with only bootmii running. Still, just in case I'd back up your current state before applying the clean NAND dump.

just sounds you installed a bad wad. if you can you should start a wad manager fromout bootmii and uninstall it.
otherwise you can install you're nand backup.

and even if that doesn't work you should make a new nand backup with bootmii. and create a clean one with ohneswanzegger .

you can PM me, so I can make you one if you want..

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only think I was asking about PriiLoader for was to see if the HBC worked from THERE even though it didn't work from BootMii. If you have no problem starting from scratch that sounds like it would work. With the channel problem it sound like you had SOMETHING corrupted anyway and that very well may have been part of the problem that got you bricked in the first place. I wouldn't know much about that, though. I'd say @JoostinOnline and @deadlyfoes know more but we'll just see if the @ sign brings them or not.

Okay, priiloader doesn't work, and I did a NAND backup. Also, bootmii isn't installed as boot2 apparently. However, I did find a nand backup on my computer from before I ruined everything. Do I just need to load it and it will revert back to that state?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, priiloader doesn't work, and I did a NAND backup. Also, bootmii isn't installed as boot2 apparently. However, I did find a nand backup on my computer from before I ruined everything. Do I just need to load it and it will revert back to that state?
This could be bad. A boot2 BootMii is a good thing. You did say bootmii comes up when you start the Wii up right? The only way for it to do that is if it's installed as boot2. You souldn't be able to even TRY to load the HBC without it then but you said it brings up a black screen when you try to run the HBC. You wouldn't have been able to do a NAND backup without being able to get to BootMii and unless it was on boot2 you couldn't get to it without either a working system menu or PriiLoader. I'd say not to worry. I'm pretty sure you DO have a boot2 bootmii.

Anyway, yeah, if you can get to bootmii one way or another it doesn't matter how it's installed. Your NAND backup will have bootmii on it or you wouldn't have been able to make the backup in the first place so no problem there. Just load it
bootmii_screenshot2.png
and it should put it back just fine.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Dwight another option, if you really want a completely fresh wii, would be to use giantpune's ohneswanzenegger to generate a fresh nand.bin and then install that with bootmii, instead of using your old backup.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be bad. A boot2 BootMii is a good thing. You did say bootmii comes up when you start the Wii up right? The only way for it to do that is if it's installed as boot2. You souldn't be able to even TRY to load the HBC without it then but you said it brings up a black screen when you try to run the HBC. You wouldn't have been able to do a NAND backup without being able to get to BootMii and unless it was on boot2 you couldn't get to it without either a working system menu or PriiLoader. I'd say not to worry. I'm pretty sure you DO have a boot2 bootmii.

Anyway, yeah, if you can get to bootmii one way or another it doesn't matter how it's installed. Your NAND backup will have bootmii on it or you wouldn't have been able to make the backup in the first place so no problem there. Just load it
bootmii_screenshot2.png
and it should put it back just fine.
So an update: You were right about it being on Boot2, I was just being dumb. I was able to revert to an old nand backup I had on my computer, and everything is back to how my wii was a few months ago. Which is great, except for I'm still getting problems with netflix. There's a channel installed for netflix on my current nand build, that doesn't work. When I try to uninstall it with either the Wii's channel management screen or wadmanager, it freezes almost immediately and I am forced to reset my wii. Then, I get the same error where I can't access the channel management screen (this wouldn't happen before I tried to uninstall netflix).

@Dwight another option, if you really want a completely fresh wii, would be to use giantpune's ohneswanzenegger to generate a fresh nand.bin and then install that with bootmii, instead of using your old backup.
Awesome, I'm totally going to just do this considering the corrupt netflix channel or whatever (all i want is to be able to watch netflix on my wii :().
Do you know of any other download links for this software? The ones on the thread all link to this: http://www.theinternetvshollywood.com/

Also, thanks for all the help guys. I haven't been active on GBAtemp at all in the last few years and it is great to see that the community is as friendly and helpful as it was in my memory.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Awesome, I'm totally going to just do this considering the corrupt netflix channel or whatever (all i want is to be able to watch netflix on my wii :().
Do you know of any other download links for this software? The ones on the thread all link to this: http://www.theinternetvshollywood.com/

Also, thanks for all the help guys. I haven't been active on GBAtemp at all in the last few years and it is great to see that the community is as friendly and helpful as it was in my memory.
That tool is one of the tools on this page http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/apps/blog/show/6995299-giantpune-s-wii-nand-tools
good luck

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That tool is one of the tools on this page http://wiisixtyfour....-wii-nand-tools
good luck
Alright, got a clean install of 4.3u.
However, whenever I try to connect to the internet, I get: "WiiConnect24 Error Code: 110213."
I can't really find anything definitive from general googling around. Anything I can do?

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant........I wanted to install priiloader cause my wii is black and I cant install bootmii as boot2
Have you tried other apps, do they act the same way? Try the syscheck app, download the zip, and copy the apps folder to the root of your sd card. If it asks to merge or overwrite, choose yes.
sysCheck v2.1.0b18 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5405).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Drive date: 2008.12.18
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS61
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 129099607
Boot2 v4
Found 85 titles.
Found 38 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 265): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 14): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 2010/07/09.
http://syscheck.softwii.de/KVOveNBF

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah you could launch syscheck without blackscreen? you should be able to launch other homebrew the same way then.

You are missing IOS58, which the Homebrew channel prefer.
IOS61 is used if you don't have 58.

You could try to install IOS58, then run hackmii installer again from HBC (no more exploit needed) to reinstall the homebrew channel.

then see if you still have black screens when launching homebrew from HBC.

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah you could launch syscheck without blackscreen? you should be able to launch other homebrew the same way then.

You are missing IOS58, which the Homebrew channel prefer.
IOS61 is used if you don't have 58.

You could try to install IOS58, then run hackmii installer again from HBC (no more exploit needed) to reinstall the homebrew channel.

then see if you still have black screens when launching homebrew from HBC.
I only can run wad manager and syscheck !!!!!!!!but i have to install priiloader...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That tool is one of the tools on this page http://wiisixtyfour....-wii-nand-tools
good luck
Alright, got a clean install of 4.3u.
However, whenever I try to connect to the internet, I get: "WiiConnect24 Error Code: 110213."
I can't really find anything definitive from general googling around. Anything I can do?
Try running a system format (see here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/314789-wii-error-code-110213/)

I only can run wad manager and syscheck !!!!!!!!but i have to install priiloader...
Have you tried running the IOS 58 installer? What happens? Have you even tried re-downloading the priiloader installer to see if you got a bad download the first time?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Killar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, we bought Wii sport pack with installed homebrew channel. What should I do next, could you send me come links?
I need to play iso's from USB flash.
Help,please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.