Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like your syscheck is ok, how are you loading the games... get specific plz. What loader u using (including version)? What games are failing? Which games are working? How is your HDD formatted? etc.

I'm going through some of the backups now, so far so good, I am running Configurable Loader v70. The HDD is formatted WBFS, which I understand is now out of style, is there an easy way for me to transfer the backups to my PC, reformat the drive, and then transfer them back to the external HDD? Also, I thought there was a way to exit the games to go back to the Loader versus the System Menu, or am I just imagining things?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The HDD is formatted WBFS, which I understand is now out of style, is there an easy way for me to transfer the backups to my PC, reformat the drive, and then transfer them back to the external HDD?
Sure, you can use wiibackup manager to transfer games from one HDD to another then back again. But in your case you do it all in one step using wbfs2fat

Also, I thought there was a way to exit the games to go back to the Loader versus the System Menu, or am I just imagining things?
Sure, navigate to SD or USB:\usbloader\ and launch the configurator for configurable usb-loader. It's a GUI to help u customize cfg usb loader. Navigate the different tabs to fully customize your loader, but the setting your looking for is "return to", and u want to enter the title id of your usb loader forwarder channel (i.e. IDCL)

Reactions: 1 person

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HDD is formatted WBFS, which I understand is now out of style, is there an easy way for me to transfer the backups to my PC, reformat the drive, and then transfer them back to the external HDD?
Sure, you can use wiibackup manager to transfer games from one HDD to another then back again. But in your case you do it all in one step using wbfs2fat

Also, I thought there was a way to exit the games to go back to the Loader versus the System Menu, or am I just imagining things?
Sure, navigate to SD or USB:\usbloader\ and launch the configurator for configurable usb-loader. It's a GUI to help u customize cfg usb loader. Navigate the different tabs to fully customize your loader, but the setting your looking for is "return to", and u want to enter the title id of your usb loader forwarder channel (i.e. IDCL)

I used AnyTitleDeleter to find that the Title Id was IDCL, and now that seems to be working. Thank you!

Ebucel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question if i have ahbprot available do i have to still mess with the ios degradation and installing a custom ios?

Apologies if this has already been answered. Having a terrible time finding anything on the site from my phone.

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left the wii about a year ago. I am now coming back and bought a new wii. What has changed? any new developments (I am sure there are)? I use to use an external hdd with games on that. Still doable on newer wii's? Any problems with the red wii?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay some shit is going down with my wii (I haven't been here in forever, sup GBAtemp?)

So I have HBC installed basically for Project M (which I run though Gecko), mplayer, and wadmanager.

I wanted to install the netflix channel, and whenever I do so, wadmanager freezes on a certain part every time (if you need to know which part specifically I can check).
So this is problem number 1.

I was considering removing all traces of HBC and stuff from my wii and doing the official update so I can install netflix from the wii shop channel like a normal person (i'm okay not having a modded Wii anymore, especially since there is a HBC-free version of Project M), but my Wii freezes whenever I go to the channel management screen. It doesn't necessarily freeze, but no channels load, and I can't go back. I can use the curser, but I have to manually restart my wii to get out of the screen.

Any suggestions? Part of me thinks that my wii is fucked (especially because I don't have Bootmii installed) but I thought that I would come here just to make sure.

Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I left the wii about a year ago. I am now coming back and bought a new wii. What has changed? any new developments (I am sure there are)? I use to use an external hdd with games on that. Still doable on newer wii's? Any problems with the red wii?
Developments I wouldn't even know where to start. Wii homebrew has made leaps and bounds.
Developments as far as Wii hardware, not sure how long ago you actually BOUGHT your first Wii but a REALLY new Wii (the ones that lay flat and don't come with a stand) don't have GameCube ports (a red one, though, should be old enough) and fairly new ones (this includes anything that's not white and ... mostly anything that comes with motion+) can't read DVD-R disks but the HDD option is still fine.
Okay some shit is going down with my wii (I haven't been here in forever, sup GBAtemp?)

So I have HBC installed basically for Project M (which I run though Gecko), mplayer, and wadmanager.

I wanted to install the netflix channel, and whenever I do so, wadmanager freezes on a certain part every time (if you need to know which part specifically I can check).

I was considering removing all traces of HBC and stuff from my wii and doing the official update so I can install netflix from the wii shop channel like a normal person (i'm okay not having a modded Wii anymore, especially since there is a HBC-free version of Project M), but my Wii freezes whenever I go to the channel management screen. It doesn't necessarily freeze, but no channels load, and I can't go back. I can use the curser, but I have to manually restart my wii to get out of the screen.

Any suggestions? Part of me thinks that my wii is fucked (especially because I don't have Bootmii installed) but I thought that I would come here just to make sure.

Thanks!
SUP
Anyway, I would not really recommend upgrading officially, causes too many problems. Also, wouldn't recommend manually REMOVING any softmod stuff. Also likely to cause problems.
BUT
The easiest way to get stuff from the shop channel is to JUST upgrade the shop channel (I actually have 4.2U installed but I installed the 4.3U shop channel and it works fine.)
You can get that from DOP-Mii or just get the WAD to install it from ModMii for Windows. While you're at it you can also install give it your syscheck log and have it download everything you need to upgrade the parts you really need AND create a guide to tell you how to do it, thus getting all the benefits of 4.3 without the problems.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Developments I wouldn't even know where to start. Wii homebrew has made leaps and bounds.
Developments as far as Wii hardware, not sure how long ago you actually BOUGHT your first Wii but a REALLY new Wii (the ones that lay flat and don't come with a stand) don't have GameCube ports (a red one, though, should be old enough) and fairly new ones (this includes anything that's not white and ... mostly anything that comes with motion+) can't read DVD-R disks but the HDD option is still fine.

Thanks!
SUP
Anyway, I would not really recommend upgrading officially, causes too many problems. Also, wouldn't recommend manually REMOVING any softmod stuff. Also likely to cause problems.
BUT
The easiest way to get stuff from the shop channel is to JUST upgrade the shop channel (I actually have 4.2U installed but I installed the 4.3U shop channel and it works fine.)
You can get that from DOP-Mii or just get the WAD to install it from ModMii for Windows. While you're at it you can also install give it your syscheck log and have it download everything you need to upgrade the parts you really need AND create a guide to tell you how to do it, thus getting all the benefits of 4.3 without the problems.
There are no benefits to 4.3 (at least compared to 4.1), only downsides. There is also no such thing as a "4.3U Shop Channel". It's just the Shop Channel v20.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
There are no benefits to 4.3 (at least compared to 4.1), only downsides. There is also no such thing as a "4.3U Shop Channel". It's just the Shop Channel v20.
I was just trying to speak in layman's terms, sorry.
The only benefits I was talking about were the updated channels (as mentioned) and the updated IOS's (Even then, not necessarily that much of a benefit, I know.) but just saying that there's other ways to get what comes with 4.3, even if it is just a marginal benefit.

Deis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question. I have installed d2x cIOSs and am running my Wiiware and VCs off of an emunand. I cannot get the Wiiware "Tiki Towers' to run at all. According to this, http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/25029-ios-needed-run-channels-vcs-wiiware.html I need to run it on IOS 33. However none of the d2x cIOSs are for IOS 33 and I can only run games from my emunand on d2x cIOSs. How do I get around this? Is there a version of d2x cIOS that runs 33, or another IOS that will work?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you could try Sneek (or Neek2o)
It's booting the Wii on the Emulated NAND, then launch the channel like if you were on your real NAND, and it will use the correct IOS33.

Some USBLoaders allow you to launch channels directly from an EmuNAND using Neek2o method.

That's only some idea, no tutorial yet, unless you are interested in trying one of these method.

MistaCizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I try to install ModMii and i get:
"Installation has failed. check your internet connection and firewall setting and try again."

I switched off firewall and get the same thing.

pls help

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
odd, I bet if you tried it on a different computer it would work. Something is probably fishy with your windows installation. Anyways, you can manually install ModMii by download this zip and extracting it anywhere on your computer.

http://modmii.googlecode.com/files/ModMii6.1.5.zip

Note that since your windows had issues with the modmii installer, it's possible it will also have issues with ModMii itself. So if you have issues, be prepared to use another machine (or virtual machine) to get ModMii working for you.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have some WiiWare channels that I've installed to Wii NAND through WAD Manager, and I've transferred them to the SD card through the Wii's data management menu, any way to directly extract the WAD from the SD Card without copying them back to Wii NAND again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU