Counter Strike 2 revealed, coming summer 2023

keyArt_wide.jpg

Valve has lifted the lid on the rumoured upcoming Counter Strike 2, announcing the game will arrive this summer as a free upgrade to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

The game will run on Valve's in-house Source 2 engine and will include upgraded, overhauled maps and in-game items from the original, alongside a slew of gameplay improvements and additions including tick rate independent multiplayer.

A Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test will also begin today for selected CS:GO players.

Comparison screenshots

overpass_back_long_s1.jpg overpass_back_long_s2.jpg overpass_toilets_s1.jpg overpass_toilets_s2.jpg

:arrow: Source

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will there be people saying that « it doesn't deserve to be called « 2 » because it's essentially the same game » ? I hope not because nobody cares

Anyway can't wait to play this. CSGO felt .... kinda « old » to me on some aspects, even more so after Valorant. Let's see if their « sub-tick » works as they say it does too ...

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

GenNaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for CS2 to get a new Steam App ID and not just be a DLC as I have a VAC ban. The Source 2 engine screenshots look fantastic. Would be interested to see how Half-Life 2 looks like with this.
If you were the victim of a false-positive ban then I'm sorry but overall not starting from scratch with no names in the ban list will be better for the health of the game.

Reactions: BufferOverflow

BufferOverflow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mbware.bplaced.net
XP
Country
Germany
If you were the victim of a false-positive ban then I'm sorry but overall not starting from scratch with no names in the ban list will be better for the health of the game.
I agree with you, it would be better if such people remain banned. I hosted my own server back for testing and something got triggered. Furthermore, I forgot to disable VAC. That was some years ago. I bought the game back then.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's behind an expensive barrier for most, but Alyx was incredible and sits at 93 metacritic.
Emphasis on expensive.

Paying $1200 for a glorified monitor and controller for one game hurts, no matter how you try to rationalize it. And oculus stopped mattering the moment zuck bought into it.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over