Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a slight delima :( I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting either.
I have a launch Wii with bootmii:boot2
I just recently restored with a fresh nand I made on PC using giantpunes sch....... app (even if you take this into consideration I only did this to see if it would fix my problem as the problem did exist before this restore)
I can not get my nand to run past the health screen when running neek2o or any need anymore :( this is not necessarily a problem cause I can access Priiloader and set it to autoboot installed file or anything else.
When the health screen appears I press (A) and the Wii black screens but if you walk all the way up to the TV it looks like the health screen is burned in but it is not case if I turn the Wii off it's gone. I have tried using ShowMiiWads to install a new IOS+SM, and it ended in failure :( I'm just kind of stumped :(
The thing that strikes me odd is I can use a fresh ModMii nand and use it on neek2o while successfully accessing the SM and all it's features. The problem here is the WiiMotes become unsynced the moment I load any games :( I do not have a problem using ModMii but the only files I'm aware that need to be transfered from my Wii nand-dump is the sys folder. Help would be appreciated but does anyone have an idea why this is happening while using my real nand-dump?

Also the reason why I'm trying to fix this issue is cause I cannot play online while using neek2o :( but I can if I'm on real nand. I keep getting 53303 (don't quote me on that) error and I would just rather use neek2o. I figure it has to be something to do with the internet but I cannot access the SM to find out.

Thanks in advance.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
to access the internet on a ModMii created emunand u should use the same serial as your real nand's when building the setting.txt file.

If I were u I would try getting a fresh ModMii nand working properly with your wiimotes + wifi access, then begin transferring over your savegames, mii's and channels using tools like showmiiwads, Krafter's nand game save restorer (or something like that) or savegame manager gx.

Oh yea, re. your real nand when extracted to a neek compatible emunand, you could try removing the HBC v1.08 from your emunand before loading it to see if that makes a difference. I know HBC v1.08 doesn't work on neek, I don't think it would prevent the wii menu from loading, but it's worth a shot. Another reason why I think this could be the problem is cuz nand dump extracting tools do some renaming to workaround the HBC v1.07+ unique title ID (in fact, I think showmiiwads just fails when it reaches that part of the nand dump), so maybe the workaround is causing problems, but just deleting it from the emunand would get it working assuming that's the problem.

Reactions: 1 person

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
can anyone walk me through some troubleshooting with post loader 3 please? send me a message if you can spare the time ;)
thanks in advance

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to access the internet on a ModMii created emunand u should use the same serial as your real nand's when building the setting.txt file.

If I were u I would try getting a fresh ModMii nand working properly with your wiimotes + wifi access, then begin transferring over your savegames, mii's and channels using tools like showmiiwads, Krafter's nand game save restorer (or something like that) or savegame manager gx.

Oh yea, re. your real nand when extracted to a neek compatible emunand, you could try removing the HBC v1.08 from your emunand before loading it to see if that makes a difference. I know HBC v1.08 doesn't work on neek, I don't think it would prevent the wii menu from loading, but it's worth a shot. Another reason why I think this could be the problem is cuz nand dump extracting tools do some renaming to workaround the HBC v1.07+ unique title ID (in fact, I think showmiiwads just fails when it reaches that part of the nand dump), so maybe the workaround is causing problems, but just deleting it from the emunand would get it working assuming that's the problem.
Actaar has a nice app that can even transfer WWVC saves unlike Krafter (who's app is nice and only missing this feature) but it's called Save Finder and it works really nice :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrahamWatts: what trouble are you having with PL3?

EDIT: has anyone heard from scooby lately? he's been absent alot :(

EDIT: Double post did not notice that sorry could someone merge posts or tell me how to delete one?

presumably you've already read this thread?
http://gbatemp.net/t...are/page__st__0
Yes I read it but I still have no idea what the flush option means since he does not give a purpose of it. I assume it's not an necessary option for normal users.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
@ kylster
my postloader has changed (ios58 ahpbrot) - (sd) ok i wanted emulated nand on usb but i got it on sdhc, i don't care as i have finally got progress thanks to your help.
this must be the emulated nand, yeah? i take it to get games to save to emu nand i need to boot games from postloader first, not from channels or wiiflow?

joyflow wont work just black screen :/ but games play with loadergx and wiiflow via pl3
nswitch don't work black screens still.. did save 2 game saves and i can boot the game save up and i cant see them on real nand so they must be on emu nand.....

if i go pl3/home button on wiimote/options/change uneek nand/cannot open sd://ploader/plneek.dir do you have a link for that please?
is this important ? .
got wii set so power on - autoboot-pl3 :)
can you change themes on pl3 ?

anyone know if these things matter, or whether to not bother fiddling :)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably not the right place to ask, but Ill ask anyway :P.

If I want to delete a Wiiware/VC game from my (real) nand, do I simply delete the channel in the wii settings?

justoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii with an old d2 pro 9wire running 4.3e firmware. It stopped playing the newer backups and the chip is no longer supported so I assumed it was maybe down to the lack of support/firmware updates, so I installed modmii.

I don't have a usb HD so just want to play DVD-r backups, I have priiloader installed and have used the reset button to change the settings, region free etc etc..... and I'm running the DVD-r's on NeoGamma, but I keep getting disc read errors (game disc cannot be read). If they all load in the first place but then crash at different stages each time what could be the problem?

Any suggestions thankfully welcomed!!!

justoon

Trophies
XP
Country
It's about 3/4 years, thing is it's doing the same on non-backups and has only started giving this error now. It could be the lens dying but might be down to something else too. When I first loaded modmii the system was forcing me to update until I blocked updates on priiloader.

zekerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My Wii is modded using ModMii and now I want to sell it unmodded. Is this possible? And if so, how?
Thank you very much in advance!

aliasneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have:
US launch Wii with original wiikey (1.99 Beta update) on 3.2U system menu

What I want:
I want to update mainly want it for netflix for my other tv BUT I also don't want to lose homebrew or region free capabilities, along with being able to play backups.

Any links to guides would be much appreciated and I will award 1 internet point =D

aliasneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks for the speedy replies, you're all awesome. I've been out of the scene for a while so all this is relatively new to me. But I'll install ModMii and see how that goes based on this guide http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/

A couple noob questions to go along with it. I assume Modmii will take care of new games that require the latest updates? As far as I understand, its sort of like a custom firmware?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ModMii doesn't have a netflix wad

can netflix be downloaded from the shopping channel? If so, just download the shopping channel and IOS from ModMii's download page 1, then use the shopping channel to install netflix
Yes. It's not available from NUS. Unfortunately the new version of Netflix is really laggy. I downgraded with a bootmii backup (using a wad backup didn't work) to get everything running smooth again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo