Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I have my Wii all set up for USBloaders etc. This was done about a year ago now and I now can't remember what I did to it. I think it was a Trucha Bug on IOS251, a custom IOS 249 and I also got Waninkoko's CMIOS. At least that's what I remember, obviously I could be very wrong. Just want to check that this sounds right, and if not is there any app I can run on my Wii which will give me a look at all the edits done to my system?
Use SysCheck and use ModMiis SysCheck updater to update all the cios to latest versions

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok hey guys, i want to put a game on my usb stick (fat32), i will have to convert it to a wbfs file right? how to i do this, how do i split it? since i will have to spilt it to fit it on the fat32 file system.

aliasneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed ModMii successfully BUT I cant access the shopping channel since I used the recommend 4.1 update D:

I tried installing the shopping channel from the Multi-mod manager but it errors out around 6/18 step. Should I just update to 4.3 using ModMii or do I have to do anything special? I think I installed priiloader too

snkjulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What wad manager is everyone using now a day. just need to install then move to SD.
not emulating nand or anything

system menu 4.2e modified using modmii
8gig SDHC if that makes a difference :blink:

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can use the same one ModMii had u use (MMM) since u are probably already familar with it. But basically mmm, yawmm and wiimod are the top wad managers these days. Others may tell u differently but they don't know wtf they are talking about. Those are the only 3 wad managers to implement extra brick protection checks to make sure u don't brick yourself (ie. it won't let u uninstall\stub your System Menu\System Menu IOS). Fun fact, it was cwstjdenobs who first added those checks to yawmm (I was one of his beta testers actually), then the other tools followed his lead.

snkjulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
u can use the same one ModMii had u use (MMM) since u are probably already familar with it. But basically mmm, yawmm and wiimod are the top wad managers these days. Others may tell u differently but they don't know wtf they are talking about. Those are the only 3 wad managers to implement extra brick protection checks to make sure u don't brick yourself (ie. it won't let u uninstall\stub your System Menu\System Menu IOS). Fun fact, it was cwstjdenobs who first added those checks to yawmm (I was one of his beta testers actually), then the other tools followed his lead.

yeah i went with YAWMM it worked well and was very clear in telling you about sucess, failures, errors etc
thanks for the response

chanbog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys! I have a question about Modmii.

I'm currently at the stage where I'm reading this instruction:

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)
==============================================

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Okay, my IOS is currently IOS61, and the Homebrew channel is NOT upside-down.
Do I still need to DOWNGRADE to IOS58? From IOS61? Or can I leave it alone? Is there something bad about IOS61 that I don't know about?

shigeru561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 Question regarding using CustomizeMii (with Devki tpro and libogc installed) to update old Forwarder channels to get it them work.

-An old HBC Forwarder- The Forwarders goes to black screen, I just dont know WHERE to exactly update the HBC forwarder wad top work with 1.0.7 correctly

-And old cfgUBSLoader Forwarder, says "IOS249 is a stub" upon loading my default IOS for cfgUBSLoader is 248, how do I fix this with CustomizeMii?

Here is a link to said forwarders (the UBC and cfgUSBLoader Forwarders are in the second link).

Any help to get these to work would be greatly appreciated.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
customize mii is not able to build a forwarder for the new HBC cuz of it's unique title ID, u can download this one here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v54mlp2p5fp48m8
if you want just the forwarder dol (to inject in another channel or to use with priiloader) use customize mii or showmiiwads or another tool to extract the dol from the channel.

To change the startup IOS of your channel, u can just change the IOS number in customize me. But I recommend using this forwarder code instead http://gbatemp.net/topic/273165-forwarder-with-metaxml-support/

Instead of having to compile the above forwarder code manually, you can use ModMii to do it for you. From ModMii's main menu enter "A" then "F", then follow the prompts until ModMii builds your custom forwarder dol. It will launch using IOS58 by default, but since it has meta.xml support, you can add an IOS reload argument to your apps meta.xml so it reloads to IOS248 (or 249 or w/e) immediately. Oh yea, I just realized, your current forwarder may work if u change your usb-loader settings using the configurator for configurable usb-loader to change the default IOS used.

Lastly, I think you should be asking yourself why u have a stubbed IOS249 and fix the root of your problem by resoftmodding using one of the stickied guides.

shigeru561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
customize mii is not able to build a forwarder for the new HBC cuz of it's unique title ID, u can download this one here:
http://www.mediafire...v54mlp2p5fp48m8
if you want just the forwarder dol (to inject in another channel or to use with priiloader) use customize mii or showmiiwads or another tool to extract the dol from the channel.

To change the startup IOS of your channel, u can just change the IOS number in customize me. But I recommend using this forwarder code instead http://gbatemp.net/t...etaxml-support/

Instead of having to compile the above forwarder code manually, you can use ModMii to do it for you. From ModMii's main menu enter "A" then "F", then follow the prompts until ModMii builds your custom forwarder dol. It will launch using IOS58 by default, but since it has meta.xml support, you can add an IOS reload argument to your apps meta.xml so it reloads to IOS248 (or 249 or w/e) immediately. Oh yea, I just realized, your current forwarder may work if u change your usb-loader settings using the configurator for configurable usb-loader to change the default IOS used.

Lastly, I think you should be asking yourself why u have a stubbed IOS249 and fix the root of your problem by resoftmodding using one of the stickied guides.
Ah , thank you kind sir, I was able to extract the DOL from a working usbCFGLoader and HBC Forwarders and inject them into the new forwarders, also copying the IOS'es used by them, everything now works, used CustomizeMii btw

Regarding the stubbed 249 issue, I used this tutorial here to softmod my wii for use of my Wii backups via USB w/cfgUSBLoader. That softmod tutorial worked so far for me, is it bad to be using 248 instead of 249 because of using that turorial? Do you recomend I try another softmod tutorial instead?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
technically it doesn't matter what slot the cIOSs are installed to (ie. 248 vs 249), but many apps have been written that look for the cIOS in slot 249 and only slot 249, so you may find that your current set-up will fail with some other apps (ie. save game manager gx). If you're going to resoftmod, I recommend ModMii. You can either resoftmod from step 1 or do an incremental softmod update using ModMii's syscheck updater feature

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if wrong place to ask this question.

I have a 4.3e (softmodded with ModMii) and run my games from the USB HDD with Configurable USB Loader. I have all the latest versions, wads, etc.

The 30+ games I have run without any issues (apart from Tintin which I run through neek2o). Recently I added two games and am experiencing the following issues and would appreciate any advice.

1. Secret files: Tunguska (RTUPKM) - When the game starts it doesn't stretch horizontally to fill the screen (16:9) and I have two vertical black bars on the side (yes both my Wii and TV are set to 16:9). When you press the home button within the game even the Wii system screen is compressed. This applies to playing it through neek2o as well. I tried the various video settings in Configurable USB Loader without success.

2. Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (RSJP41) - Same as above apart from the fact that when you press the home button from within the game the Wii system screen looks normal.

Any ideas?

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what region are the games? I'm just guessing here... but if they're JAP games for example, u could try running them off neek2o using a JAP emulated nand. This probably won't solve the issue but it's all I can personally come up with.

Cheers
Sorry, forgot to say they are PAL versions (which I assume is Europe???). BTW, how do I check the region on a game?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there are probably many many ways, but the easiest would be to check the 4th digit in the title ID, for example
SMNP01 - pal\european version of new super mario bros wii
SMNE01 - NTSC version of new super mario bros wii

You can always search this list if you can't just look at a title id and know it's region
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/List

Deadme0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Few days ago i bought Mario Kart Wii Pack, on the box i see: is not copatible with NGC gamedisc and accessories - why in menu SAVE DATA i have 2 buttons - Wii and Nintendo GameCube?

Internal memory is very small - how i can load saves from SD card? I must every time copy save from Wii to SD if i dont have enough space? When i want play GAME1 i must first open Menu->Memory->bla bla bla i copy from SD to Wii? This is stupid...

Thx

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You bought one of the new Wiis which removed GC compatibility. Nintendo was too lazy to create a new system menu though, so it just uses the same menu as the Wiis with GC compatibility.

as for space, the Wii has plenty of space for just saves, but if you start adding wiiware and virtual console, then you will run in to problems. there are a few ways to get around this. One would just be copying all the wiiware and virtual console to an sd card and running them from the sd menu. Another solution would be using SNEEK or UNEEK, which would make it so that your wii runs off your sd card or USB drive, so instead of the Wiis 500ish megabytes of storage, you would have whatever size your sd/USB is

Reactions: Deadme0w

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do any of the USB loaders allow for the game image to be stretched (horizontally in my case, see post #9684) to fit the screen? I use Configurable USB Loader v70 and haven't been able to figure out if it can do that.

Sorry to harp on about this, just don't want vertical black bars on my plasma for hours at a time. The TV's aspect selection and burn-in protection (inserts grey bars instead of black) are disabled in game mode and can't be used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1