Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
i got modmii but it confused the pants off me lol
anyway i got sneek off kylster now and that i think is all fine....
trouble is i did have wii sports on my usb stick but i had to format it following someones guide yesterday and now i cant re-install it i just gives me error
ffs this modding stuff is a noob nightmare

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got a silly question about this what happens if you don't have enough room when you run the nand backup does it tell you or does it screw up your wii?

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
hi guys i have installed sneek on my usb stick ...
but when i click on nswitch 1.0 from the hombrew apps i just got a black screen :/
thanks kylster for your help just seeking advice from community :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is it I can't play games online using neek2o? i get 50330 error but I can play the games just fine using real nand. I'm using an extracted bootmii nand dump :) Could this be possibly because I'm unable to access my SM on my nand and that's what is causing the issue?

I just want some advice before I go restore my wii's real nand with a fresh PC made bootmii and then re-dump for neek2o nand.

Casz

Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking of updating my system menu, I'm getting some mixed messages.
There are topics and posts here and elsewhere giving a bunch of tools to use but then I see wiibrew say fairly plainly at the top of every page to just use an official update.
Fro what I understand HBC and the ability to install further mods will live through the update so I'm really not sure which way to go here.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking of updating my system menu, I'm getting some mixed messages.
There are topics and posts here and elsewhere giving a bunch of tools to use but then I see wiibrew say fairly plainly at the top of every page to just use an official update.
Fro what I understand HBC and the ability to install further mods will live through the update so I'm really not sure which way to go here.
If your just looking to avoid the hassle of updates then use ModMii to download all the outdated IOS your console has; this can be done by running sysCheck and then dragging the output .csv file over to ModMii and then it will check and do the rest for you, the rest being everything but actually using a Wad manager to install these updated WADs.
You could also use Priiloader hacks to block online or disc updates so you do not accidently update.
Another option you could do is install a Custom System Menu which is very easy to do.
  1. Step #1: Download WiiMod a simple google search of WiiMod gbatemp will yield perfect results
  2. Step #2: Load WiiMod3.0 via HBC, PL3, or any other way of loading homebrew
  3. Step #3: Go to "System Menu"
  4. Step #4: Change "Select SM IOS" & "Select SM IOS slot" from "No" to "Yes"
  5. Step #5: Choose which way you want to install files either offline, nus, smb, etc.
  6. Step #6: Choose IOS slot you will want the SM to use: I like IOS3 cause it's undetected and not used for anything but some people like JoostinOnline would recommend the IOS that the SM originally runs off of like 4.1=IOS60, 4.2=IOS70, 4.3=IOS80.
  7. Step #7: Choose the version#
  8. Step #8: Complete install :P
  9. Step #9: viola :)
its best to update through multi mod manager to 4.1 NOT ANY HIGHER
I like WiiMod cause you can press (1) under IOS option and it will update all IOS to the latest Non-Stub cause it download by comparing hashes I believe; I may need to be corrected but I do know WiiMod will not just download any IOS it's compared to something.
ModMii is another good choice

Reactions: 1 person

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
hi i have a 1tb usb hdd i have formatted it with usb loader gx for wbfs, the pc wont recognise the hdd now but thats what i want so i can rip disks to the hdd from wiiflow, i like wiiflow better than usbloadergx but i couldn't get wiiflow to work until i ran usbloadergx.

so what sites (as in mediafire) can i use to download game iso's without needing a premium account

i find games but i get told the file is bigger than 4mb you can't download it until you get a premium account (sonicshare)

wiimanager
img burn
wbfs manager installed

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
?

I think you got some things confused there.

- If you want to rip your games using a loader you do not need a pc (or download something) at all. Simply insert the disc and select the apropriate option in the loader.
- Windows can't use wbfs directly. You have to use a wbfs manager or switch to another filesystem (eg fat32)
- Downloading games is most likely illegal, asking for links is against the rules of gbatemp
- Unless you have a really shitty plan you can download files of any size from the internet
- Imgburn has nothing to do with all this

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
sorry i edited the post now, i didn't mean it to sound as you read it.
yes i have worked out how to use loaders,
i thought downloading iso's and converting them to wbfs was legal it's the same principal for wad's i thought but ok if it's not legal i wont use it, the purpose to my loader is
that i am too lazy to put disks back in the right cases so now i just use hard drive

im not trying to get banned from this site, i got banned from another wii forum i shall not mention which one, for the reason it says "you suck at life" ban will be lifted "never" all because i double posted as the edit function wouldn't work, this is what i get displayed when i try to log in, made me laugh though :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know a quick guide on how to use giantpunes ohneswanzenegger_r70_win32 spp.
I have tried Google but the lack of information is astonsishing on this app or at least for what I can find.
I get the basic and have made a successfull nand or at least I believe cause I can restore from it.
Still I would like a guide that explains such things as Flush??? or what to put in certain area's or can I just leave it blank cause the only thing I changed was my seriel# under settings.txt.
Well I hope someone can help me on this :) thanks in advance.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
yo! hey peeps has anyone got a link to a language file for wiiflow? i had an english one and it gave me an extra choice for saving to nand emulation but i have lost it :/

ignore this post i found it :)

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does the Wii save games if you're loading the games from an external hard drive?

Also, if someone else has softmodded Wii, can you play the games on your external hard drive on their soft modded Wii if their Wii is a different version and was soft modded by a different method?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where does the Wii save games if you're loading the games from an external hard drive?

Also, if someone else has softmodded Wii, can you play the games on your external hard drive on their soft modded Wii if their Wii is a different version and was soft modded by a different method?
The same place it stores them normally...

Of course.

Reactions: 1 person

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The same place it stores them normally...

Of course.
So on the Wii?

I haven't played any Wii games as yet.

Edit: Also, are you able to store files that are unrelated to the Wii on your external hard drive that you're using to load backups?

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
right guys i need some help, i have got an emu nand i wanted it on my usb but its gone onto my sdhc but never mind ....
what i would like is for someone to give me a pm tutorial please on how to move my wiiware and vc games to usb drive and gamesaves to my emulated nand on 8gb sdhc please
couple of niggles with pl3 (postloader for those who don't know),press home button on wiimote - options - change uneek nand - cannot open sd://ploader/plneek.dir
joyflow black screens as does nswitch anybody got a fix for these issues please?
i got boot2 and priiloader installed so my wii boots straight into postloader3 i can change between sd and real nands but the games is showing as empty how do i put games here?
and lastly to save to emu nand i need postloader then boot games from wiiflow or usbloadergx then when i save it saves to emu nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: