Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

godkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was modded by a friend a year ago and I wanted to upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2
I tried to use a guide on this site to upgrade but I was only able to install IOS70-64-v6687.wad & (I think, it was a couple of weeks ago) System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Now:
-HBC channel is blank
-Official discs prompt for update
-Wii shop still says I need to update
-system says it's running 4.2U (there's the SD card icon)

Tried to redo HBC running bannerbomb for 4.2.
Once I get to the hackmii menu, it does a system check and says:
Running IOS34 4.15
wii system menu version 481 (v30 USA) installed and that HBC has only been tested with Wii Sys Menu version 354 (V22).
I accept at my own risk and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get my wii working again?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@godkin
Reinstall HBC

install priiloader. Put this hacks.ini on your sd card. Go into system menu hacks and enable
BLOCK DISC UPDATES
BLOCK ONLINE UPDATES ( so you dont accidentally update to 4.3 )
Now your wii wont ask for another update.

Use WiiSCU to update your shop channel.

gamemaster2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have a question about my wii
i have a hard modded wii with 4.1,if i want to update to 4.3, is it going to damage my wii in any way like bricking or not being able to play back ups?
thanks for the answer.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Thanks riley, how do I install DOP-mii though? It's just a folder with a few files I can't open, and also on the site it mentions the ability to brick my Wii!
frown.gif

godkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice Riley. The problem is, I cant seem to install HBC.

Tried to redo HBC running bannerbomb for 4.2.
Once I get to the hackmii menu, it does a system check and says:
Running IOS34 4.15
wii system menu version 481 (v30 USA) installed and that HBC has only been tested with Wii Sys Menu version 354 (V22).

I accept at my own risk and nothing happens.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
blizeH said:
Thanks riley, how do I install DOP-mii though? It's just a folder with a few files I can't open, and also on the site it mentions the ability to brick my Wii!
frown.gif

just place the DOP-Mii folder inside your SD:/apps folder, and yes it CAN and WILL brick your Wii if you don't use it correctly, so make sure you have the tutorial or the directions near you while you are using it...!!
wink.gif

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Ahh, thanks ether - I actually figured that and tried it shortly after posting it, edited my post but the edit didn't seem to work, d'oh
frown.gif

Deleting the private folder worked a treat thanks, but still a couple of things I'm struggling with:

1. When running DOP-mii and trying to install 38, 53 & 55 - I press A to confirm and the text just goes all scrambled and unreadable, and it crashes my Wii.
2. Using PriiLoader all it seems to do is install PriiLoader, if that makes sense - I can't find where it installs it to though? Or set uLoader-GX to be my startup app.

Thanks

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Okay, just trying some more stuff on the WAD/WiiWare front - the games put on there originally (older titles!) seem to work fine, but stuff like Light Tracks or Bit.Trip don't work at all, just say can't load channel and crashes out until I hard reset.

mattie01

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i asked this int nus auto downloader thread, but i am thinking with the extra information i have just learned here might be a better bet.

i have a early release wii, that i had prevoiusly hacked using a wiikey v3(one with the little mario background sticker on.) using the twilight hack. and had bootmi loaded to boot2. and had created a nand backup and got the homebrew channel installed. the wii is running 4.0E but and this is the thing i just learned. the missed used a game disc back at 3.3E to update to 4.0E, everything appears to work fine (game disc wise, the misses but some dance game she brought and it works fine) though i think my WAD loader/unloader in the homebrew channel is dead. (keeps popping a error. 1102 i believe not near the wii at the moment so can't check, but i think i say on google it was related to updating to 4.0E and needing to reinstall some cIOS files)

i was hoping to use NUS autodownloader to get to 4.2E and get things liek usb loader and the like working.

i am wondering that the best way to go abouit this is as i have been out of the scene for a little while.

i am guessing i am fairly safe as i have the nand backup. and bootmi auto loads if i have the bootmi folder in the root of my sd card.

but i really don't want to kill the wii, just as i am starting to want to get back using it.

thanks in advance.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mattie01 said:
ok i asked this int nus auto downloader thread, but i am thinking with the extra information i have just learned here might be a better bet.

i have a early release wii, that i had prevoiusly hacked using a wiikey v3(one with the little mario background sticker on.) using the twilight hack. and had bootmi loaded to boot2. and had created a nand backup and got the homebrew channel installed. the wii is running 4.0E but and this is the thing i just learned. the missed used a game disc back at 3.3E to update to 4.0E, everything appears to work fine though i think my WAD loader/unloader is dead. (keeps popping a error.)

i was hoping to use NUS autodownloader to get to 4.2E and get things liek usb loader and the like working.

i am wondering that the best way to go abouit this is as i have been out of the scene for a little while.

i am guessing i am fairly safe as i have the nand backup. and bootmi auto loads if i have the bootmi folder in the root of my sd card.

but i really don't want to kill the wii, just as i am starting to want to get back using it.

thanks in advance.
Follow the guide stickied in the Wii Hacking section. Also, there's no such thing as a Wiikey v3.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Sorry to ask, but any idea on my problem please Gordinio? I only ask because I need my camera to connect my SD card to the PC, and I won't have my camera tomorrow, so I'll be stuck with what I've got ;_;

Cheers

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blizeH said:
Okay, just trying some more stuff on the WAD/WiiWare front - the games put on there originally (older titles!) seem to work fine, but stuff like Light Tracks or Bit.Trip don't work at all, just say can't load channel and crashes out until I hard reset.
are they the right region? If they aren't, then you should enable a region-free hack.

mbasonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total NOOB questions..... I thought I was pretty handy, but im not sure anymore.... I've got a 4.2u version virgin wii. I've installed HBC, DVDx, and Bootmii2, and have a backed up nand. I've done a few different variations of installs. I followed a guide by wiibricker??? Maybe that shoulda been a warning for me, lol/jk. I started off with the trucha bug restore using dopmii. I then installed cios rev 19on my trucha 36 ios, with base 57. Used dopmii to uninstall 202,222,223,249,250..rid of stubs....I believe I then installed cios rev 19 on 249 with base 57. Then used blue dump to pack wad from 249. Then installed dumped wad onto IOS 250. ALso reinstalled the 249 cios rev 19 wad that I dumped....not sure if I needed to. I then used hermes v5 and installed the following.....on ios 250; 202 base 60, 222 base 38, 223 base 37, and 224 base 57. How many different installs can each IOS take???? Im a bit confused. Well, After all that.....I tried loading a backup AliceIWL on the only dvd-r(pioneer) that I could find. It succesfully played for about ten minutes and then it froze with error. So, I tried loading again, and it wont work. I tried and original and it wont work through disc channel. I turned off wii, and unplugged it. Plugged back in hours later, and it read the original. Tried the backup one, and it froze again, leading back to the originals not reading again. It clicks as if its going to load, but it never spins either disc. Have I a problem with the software I've installed or is there something physically wrong with my drive? I guess I might be ok as long as I can get usb stuff to load......which leads me to another issue. I've tried many usb loaders; gecko, usb gx loader, backup launcher, and neogamma. Neogamma seems to be the only one that will load my usb data. It works fine, but is this normal that only one software works? I guess I'm kinda happy and bummed at the same time, bc my usb stuff works(but with only one program, but I would kind of like my drive to functional also. Please, any help is greatly appreciated.
Matt

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mbasonic said:
Total NOOB questions..... I thought I was pretty handy, but im not sure anymore.... I've got a 4.2u version virgin wii. I've installed HBC, DVDx, and Bootmii2, and have a backed up nand. I've done a few different variations of installs. I followed a guide by wiibricker??? Maybe that shoulda been a warning for me, lol/jk. I started off with the trucha bug restore using dopmii. I then installed cios rev 19on my trucha 36 ios, with base 57. Used dopmii to uninstall 202,222,223,249,250..rid of stubs....I believe I then installed cios rev 19 on 249 with base 57. Then used blue dump to pack wad from 249. Then installed dumped wad onto IOS 250. ALso reinstalled the 249 cios rev 19 wad that I dumped....not sure if I needed to. I then used hermes v5 and installed the following.....on ios 250; 202 base 60, 222 base 38, 223 base 37, and 224 base 57. How many different installs can each IOS take???? Im a bit confused. Well, After all that.....I tried loading a backup AliceIWL on the only dvd-r(pioneer) that I could find. It succesfully played for about ten minutes and then it froze with error. So, I tried loading again, and it wont work. I tried and original and it wont work through disc channel. I turned off wii, and unplugged it. Plugged back in hours later, and it read the original. Tried the backup one, and it froze again, leading back to the originals not reading again. It clicks as if its going to load, but it never spins either disc. Have I a problem with the software I've installed or is there something physically wrong with my drive? I guess I might be ok as long as I can get usb stuff to load......which leads me to another issue. I've tried many usb loaders; gecko, usb gx loader, backup launcher, and neogamma. Neogamma seems to be the only one that will load my usb data. It works fine, but is this normal that only one software works? I guess I'm kinda happy and bummed at the same time, bc my usb stuff works(but with only one program, but I would kind of like my drive to functional also. Please, any help is greatly appreciated.
Matt
That's not your fault. That means that your Wii's DVD drive is failing on you like mine did.

QUOTE(blizeH @ Jul 17 2010, 05:03 PM) Owww crap, that could well be it, thanks.

I found something called 'Freethewads' - so I could always convert them using that I guess?
That would work.

mbasonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so.....does everything else look correct? or am I far from what I should be doing? what about multiple installs on one IOS. is the only reason the one loader is working is because the others aren't compatible with my usb flash drive?? and mainly, can I buy a replacement drive, install it, and it work fine without any other modifications? Is the wii drive keyed to the unit.....sorry, I know millions of questions.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem here. my wii which i got when it came as system menu 3. so i updated it from 4.2 to 4.3 and now when i try and load a game it sometimes goes to black and says to take out the disc and turn off my wii. this sometimes happens in-game while its loading. before i updated i had neogamma r8 so theres a cIOS in it. If i use Bootmii to restore it to a copy of my NAND before the cIOS will it fix my problem? the wii book says my wii might be damaged or the disc is stratched. I can see my disks aren't stratched. will the NAND restore thing fix it back to normal? also does it make my games saves go back to what they were then?
unsure.gif

thx in advance

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_acid_ said:
I got a problem here. my wii which i got when it came as system menu 3. so i updated it from 4.2 to 4.3 and now when i try and load a game it sometimes goes to black and says to take out the disc and turn off my wii. this sometimes happens in-game while its loading. before i updated i had neogamma r8 so theres a cIOS in it. If i use Bootmii to restore it to a copy of my NAND before the cIOS will it fix my problem? the wii book says my wii might be damaged or the disc is stratched. will the NAND restore thing fix it back to normal? also does it make my games saves go back to what they were then?
unsure.gif

thx in advance

If it is hapening in-game then your disc is scratched. If you restore to a backup then any gaming you did after that backup will get deleted.

3dd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what might be the possible reasons for the games on my external hard drive to keep freezing? most of the ones I have tend to freeze at certain points in the game whilst others just go to a black screen.

Edit: the drive doesn't have a sleep mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN