Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Pulka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed some Virtual Console games through WAD Manager a long time ago, deleted the WADs and now I want to uninstall the games, but don't know if I should delete them like bought games. I haveread that doing that could brick the Wii.

What should I do?

D

Deleted_171835

Pulka said:
I installed some Virtual Console games through WAD Manager a long time ago, deleted the WADs and now I want to uninstall the games, but don't know if I should delete them like bought games. I haveread that doing that could brick the Wii.

What should I do?
You should delete them normally. I doubt that would result in any real problem.
There's an old post on DS-Scene about the issue.
QUOTEWhen a Virtual Console title is installed, it also leaves tickets and other shreds of evidence that it was there, while it does not seem to be a problem right now, in the future, when connecting online, it is for seen, that Nintendo could do "something" via Wifi to your Wii.
It doesn't really matter since Nintendo has yet to do anything over Wi-Fi as suggested. Deleting VC Games normally definitely won't brick your Wii, though.

Pulka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Pulka said:

What should I do?
You should delete them normally. I doubt that would result in any real problem.
There's an old post on DS-Scene about the issue.
QUOTEWhen a Virtual Console title is installed, it also leaves tickets and other shreds of evidence that it was there, while it does not seem to be a problem right now, in the future, when connecting online, it is for seen, that Nintendo could do "something" via Wifi to your Wii.
It doesn't really matter since Nintendo has yet to do anything over Wi-Fi as suggested. Deleting VC Games normally definitely won't brick your Wii, though.
Thanks for the quick answer.

coxxy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have run into my first version of 3.4 and get the error 004 problem. I was accustomed to using bannerbomb, then going through the hackmii stuff and then using wiiflow and USB Loader GX to play games off of a usb hard drive. Any ideas on software I can use to get around the 004 error to get bannerbomb on the wii with 3.4 software and then go through my usual motions or do I have to use something completely different? I am putting this in the noob section because I am certainly no expert on this!! Thank you for any input you might have.

hylatio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've seen answers to this problem but none of them have made sense to me, so I'm going to try and ask here.

In the past month or so, whenever I've tried to use the WAD Manager, the Wii (and the Wii remote) locks up right after the IOS is chosen. I've had system menu 4.2 since Waninkoko's updater first came out and have had no problems with it previously (the last time I installed a WAD was in May). The only thing I've done since then is purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2, which if I remember correctly makes you install a minor update before playing the first time... that might be the cause, I don't know. Any help is appreciated.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hylatio said:
Ok, I've seen answers to this problem but none of them have made sense to me, so I'm going to try and ask here.

In the past month or so, whenever I've tried to use the WAD Manager, the Wii (and the Wii remote) locks up right after the IOS is chosen. I've had system menu 4.2 since Waninkoko's updater first came out and have had no problems with it previously (the last time I installed a WAD was in May). The only thing I've done since then is purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2, which if I remember correctly makes you install a minor update before playing the first time... that might be the cause, I don't know. Any help is appreciated.
You stubbed IOS249. Run the cIOS installer again, making sure to select IOS250.

hylatio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
hylatio said:

You stubbed IOS249. Run the cIOS installer again, making sure to select IOS250.

I installed it and the manager works now- thank you so much!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried to run Green day rock band DLC from the Rock Band song everytime i tried it it does not work. it says out of date. is there a fix i'm using darkcorps 1.1

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i use bootmii to restore to a older nand will change all my IOS's back to normal since i installed a cIOS to get neogamma to work? I wanna know since my wii has been saying my disk is statched or it's damaged. when i load games and in-game when it loads to another part of the game this happens. this all started when i updated to 4.3

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been away from the scene for quite awhile and am looking to update my wii so that I can use sdhc cards.
Since my wii is already hacked at 3.2U can I just use DOP-MII to update the sysmenu to 4.1 or 4.2?
Besides reloading preloader to avoid the corruption screen is there anything else I will need to redo?

Are any of the GH's or RB's compatible with sdhc now, or will they load dlc from a hd now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
Been away from the scene for quite awhile and am looking to update my wii so that I can use sdhc cards.
Since my wii is already hacked at 3.2U can I just use DOP-MII to update the sysmenu to 4.1 or 4.2?
Besides reloading preloader to avoid the corruption screen is there anything else I will need to redo?

Are any of the GH's or RB's compatible with sdhc now, or will they load dlc from a hd now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

rock band 2 is does not work with SHDC cards but beatles rock band does and GHWT does not work with sdhc ethier but the newer onlines like GH5 and bandhero do work with shdc card. also there is something going on where you can load DLC from a hard drive but i'm not one to ask about that.

anand3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i recently installed darkcorp 1.0 which was previously known as "cioscorp". I installed the lite version with cios249, so using the instructions that came with the package said:

If you already have cIOS249 installed, select:
(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

so i chose that and installed it. i should also tell you i dont really know much about hacking so i didnt know which cios i had so i just went to my neogamma channel and look at the bottom and it said cios249. so i installed it and stuff everything went well, it works. Then i called my friend and told him.... and he calls me stupid, im like how, hes like since neo gamma also uses cios249 and the darkcorp i installed also uses cios249, he says EVERYTIME i load up a game there is a CHANCE OF ME BRICKING cause something might conflict while im loading it. He also said how if i try to uninstall it "im screwed" at the time i didnt question him so im guessing that means if i unistall it ill brick, cause theres no safe way of uninstalling it. so i just wanted to know if hes right or its ok and i probably wont brick. i should also tell you that i never backedup my nand.....

so in a nutshell i want to ask: is there a way to uninstall it? is there a way i can unbrick my wii (just in case ) without a nand backup? and should i just leave it the way it is now?

THANKS SO MUCH! >.> im probably in deep sh*t now so ya plz help?

this is from my post which no one even clicked on...

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Hello everybody.
I have a silly question, however, I'd really love if you'd answer it.
I know SNEEK is for using SD card instead of NAND. But I don't understand, what's SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, PUNEEK and all the other *EEKs about.
Can anybody please explain this to me?

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm not very experienced with hacking and what not but everyone here always says to DO NOT UPDATE BY NINTENDO...so my questions is, how should you update then? What if you're forced to update if you pop in a newer game? Then you're screwed?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
_acid_ said:
If i use bootmii to restore to a older nand will change all my IOS's back to normal since i installed a cIOS to get neogamma to work? I wanna know since my wii has been saying my disk is statched or it's damaged. when i load games and in-game when it loads to another part of the game this happens. this all started when i updated to 4.3

If you restore your NAND thru bootmii, you'll put it back to the point when you did the NAND backup, not to complete virgin Wii..!!

QUOTE(anand3 @ Jul 23 2010, 11:21 AM) so i recently installed darkcorp 1.0 which was previously known as "cioscorp". I installed the lite version with cios249, so using the instructions that came with the package said:

If you already have cIOS249 installed, select:
(Uses IOS249) Install/Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.0 (regular mode)

so i chose that and installed it. i should also tell you i dont really know much about hacking so i didnt know which cios i had so i just went to my neogamma channel and look at the bottom and it said cios249. so i installed it and stuff everything went well, it works. Then i called my friend and told him.... and he calls me stupid, im like how, hes like since neo gamma also uses cios249 and the darkcorp i installed also uses cios249, he says EVERYTIME i load up a game there is a CHANCE OF ME BRICKING cause something might conflict while im loading it. He also said how if i try to uninstall it "im screwed" at the time i didnt question him so im guessing that means if i unistall it ill brick, cause theres no safe way of uninstalling it. so i just wanted to know if hes right or its ok and i probably wont brick. i should also tell you that i never backedup my nand.....

so in a nutshell i want to ask: is there a way to uninstall it? is there a way i can unbrick my wii (just in case ) without a nand backup? and should i just leave it the way it is now?

THANKS SO MUCH! >.> im probably in deep sh*t now so ya plz help?

this is from my post which no one even clicked on...

OK so on every cioscorp package (and I'm guessing that now on every darkcorp) there is an UNINSTALLER which will leave your Wii with normal official IOSes instead of cIOSes, you have no conflict at all, the installer asked you if you had a cIOS so it can work, that is why you choose that option, if you update your Wii thru the settings you can also get rid of darkcorp, but guess what..?? you'll get rid of everything hack related, you should install bootmii as boot2 if posible and create a NAND backup, so if you brick, this will be your best way to unbrick (I think the only one), if it is not possible then just read read read reaed read read read read read read..............and read till you are 100% sure what you're doing, and you can just leave it as it is now, but your Wii will have lots of troubles homebrew related and it will only be usefull to read backups of games, so I will strongly recomend to use a loader like noegamma instead of darkcorp, but this last is your own choice...!!
biggrin.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
popoffka said:
Hello everybody.
I have a silly question, however, I'd really love if you'd answer it.
I know SNEEK is for using SD card instead of NAND. But I don't understand, what's SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, PUNEEK and all the other *EEKs about.
Can anybody please explain this to me?
SNEEK+DI is the SNEEK USB Loader. PUNEEK is just another version of it, made by giantpune. UNEEK is SNEEK from USB instead of SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards