Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it normal for the Wii to restart (show health screen) after you close a game or application? Shouldn't it just go back to the system menu instead?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
takaneko said:
This probably isn't a terribly noobish question, but I thought I'd try here before making a thread.

Is it possible to patch a game ISO in order to change the game ID?

What I'm trying to do here is get multiple copies of the same game, reading separate save files from the NAND.

I have three copies (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL) of the game, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm trying to find a way to either insert English into my NTSC-J copy or to have the Wii read a backup of my NTSC-U copy as NTSC-J (RUUJ01 rather than RUUE01, which would make the save file in the NAND 5255554A rather than 52555545). Is any of this possible or should I just give up?
never tried this so i'm not assured if this will work for you: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145064]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145064[/url]

Posts merged

QUOTE(Sc4rFac3d @ Nov 26 2009, 11:33 AM) Is it normal for the Wii to restart (show health screen) after you close a game or application? Shouldn't it just go back to the system menu instead?
yes. if you want it to go directly to system menu then skip the health screen, check on the priiloader system menu hack for enabling this.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
Thank You for your answers
smile.gif
i have another question regarding bootmii installed in boot2, i didn't install bootmii a lot of time since i didn't do a lot of hack so i "know what i do" and i always do the same tricks so didn't need to install bootmii because i knew that i wouldn't brick any wii if i do the same tricks all the time, but then, if i want to install Bootmii in boot2, can i "remove" the bootmii screen at the beggining of my wii startup just like Preloader do and use it only if i need it with some button trick or something ? i know that it will not open at my Wii Startup if it is installed as an IOS but i know too that i need Preloader to open it if it is installed like it ..
if i were you i will install bootmii as boot2/ios. if the autoboot of bootmii is your problem, then there are ways to eliminate this. you could just remove the bootmii folder from your sd then safe keep it in your pc. if you don't want this and afraid that something will be affected, you could configure bootmii.ini boot delay time using a notepad. if you hesitate to do this and want a much user friendly interface then use this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii_Configuration_Editor, run this through HBC.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, my problem. My saves aren't working with my Gamecube backups any more.

I tried playing Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker, both as backups, and both didn't detect a save. I looked on my memory card and they're there, in all their glory (hehe, three different forms of "there" in the same sentence). I've loaded the saves plenty of times and it worked like a beaut', but now they just aren't detected. Any ideas why?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
So yeah, my problem. My saves aren't working with my Gamecube backups any more.

I tried playing Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker, both as backups, and both didn't detect a save. I looked on my memory card and they're there, in all their glory (hehe, three different forms of "there" in the same sentence). I've loaded the saves plenty of times and it worked like a beaut', but now they just aren't detected. Any ideas why?
both gc mem slots?

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i installed Bootmii as IOS (i couldn't install it as boot2) and now, i tried to install Preloader 0.30 to access Bootmii if i have a problem and when i tried it, Preloader wrote "couldn't get to root" or something like that .. what could i do ?

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anybody tell me if there will be an autoboot channel for Neogamma R8 Beta 12 or more ? or is it very complicated to create one ?

takaneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
takaneko said:
[...] Is it possible to patch a game ISO in order to change the game ID?

What I'm trying to do here is get multiple copies of the same game, reading separate save files from the NAND. [...]
never tried this so i'm not assured if this will work for you: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145064]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145064[/url]

Thank you for your assistance, however to my dismay it seems that this does not work. This program does what I did in one of my many hex edits (some of which were read by my file managers as corrupted). It does change the game ID in a sense so that the Wii will tell you "this is the game ID: XXXXXX" (XXXXXX being the modded ID), however it does not change the title ID beyond that, and so it ends up loading my NTSC-U save file from the NAND, meaning it's still looking for the save file in 54555545 rather than 5455554A.

I'm not being as coherent as I would like right now (also exhausted from Wii Fit) so I'm going to go to bed, thank you once again for your assistance.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
i installed Bootmii as IOS (i couldn't install it as boot2) and now, i tried to install Preloader 0.30 to access Bootmii if i have a problem and when i tried it, Preloader wrote "couldn't get to root" or something like that .. what could i do ?
i tried to run bootmii using my preloader 0.3rev4 and it loads fine. not sure with your problem for i never encountered such. maybe try reinstall bootmii. if no success then try to use another sd card for bootmii.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
charlieg said:
i tried to run bootmii using my preloader 0.3rev4 and it loads fine. not sure with your problem for i never encountered such. maybe try reinstall bootmii. if no success then try to use another sd card for bootmii.
the failed to get root problem i think is caused by not having an es identify pacthed system menu IOS
but for "priiloader" you dont need to have this patch

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boof222 said:
the failed to get root problem i think is caused by not having an es identify pacthed system menu IOS
but for "priiloader" you dont need to have this patch
thanks for this info also. i know that preloader needs an es identify patched system menu IOS but do not know the error message in preloader if the system menu is not patched because i never encountered such.
smile.gif

so all he has to do is use dop-ios to patch his system menu.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sc4rFac3d said:
Is it normal for the Wii to restart (show health screen) after you close a game or application? Shouldn't it just go back to the system menu instead?
QUOTE said:
yes. if you want it to go directly to system menu then skip the health screen, check on the priiloader system menu hack for enabling this.

madcapslaugh said:
QUOTE(Sc4rFac3d @ Nov 26 2009, 03:33 AM)

this is normal, starfall has a setting to skip the "Press A" screen
Thanks guys, if I have preloader, is starfall needed? I don't want to play around too much with the flash memory of the Wii.

Also 2 more questions.

- When deleting WADs via WAD manager, do I have put them back on the Wii from the SD? Can I also delete the content.bin file from the SD directly? Or does WAD manager also remove other stuff from the Wii that isn't in the SD card.
- Still no possible way to check WADs beforehand when installing them? I know preloader makes banner bricks a non issue but still. I'm really trying to be safe here.

Thanks!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
smile.gif
ok, i was wondering, couldn't it be possible for some tool to make it look like a high firmware version is installed, like, 93 for example, and so the wiiconnect24 updates would ignore it?
and, what is the 'firce wifi error' option on prelaoder/startpatch?
and, when does wiiconnect24 update your wii? i am on 4.0J, and i awnt to use some wiconnect24 channels. as SOON as i am connected, does it check for updates? or, is it everyday at 00:00 for example.
so, if i turned wiiconnect24 on, would it even tell me it updated my wii? or would it be completely silent?
it would be so good if a tool could be made to deny access to the servers or something..

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sc4rFac3d said:
Thanks guys, if I have preloader, is starfall needed? I don't want to play around too much with the flash memory of the Wii.

Also 2 more questions.

- When deleting WADs via WAD manager, do I have put them back on the Wii from the SD? Can I also delete the content.bin file from the SD directly? Or does WAD manager also remove other stuff from the Wii that isn't in the SD card.
- Still no possible way to check WADs beforehand when installing them? I know preloader makes banner bricks a non issue but still. I'm really trying to be safe here.

Thanks!
There should be a similar hack for preloader

- You need the wad you want to delete on your SD card. If you don't have it, use AnyTitleDeleter
- Nope

QUOTE(joshuatm @ Nov 26 2009, 12:32 PM)
smile.gif
ok, i was wondering, couldn't it be possible for some tool to make it look like a high firmware version is installed, like, 93 for example, and so the wiiconnect24 updates would ignore it?
and, what is the 'firce wifi error' option on prelaoder/startpatch?
and, when does wiiconnect24 update your wii? i am on 4.0J, and i awnt to use some wiconnect24 channels. as SOON as i am connected, does it check for updates? or, is it everyday at 00:00 for example.
so, if i turned wiiconnect24 on, would it even tell me it updated my wii? or would it be completely silent?
it would be so good if a tool could be made to deny access to the servers or something..
WiiConnect24 will NOT update your wii
WiiConnect24 only receives data for channels that need it (forecast, news, shop, ...)
It connects when it has the possibility

The preloader hack shows a fake error at boot. It has no use activating it other than to scare others with it.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
takaneko said:
This probably isn't a terribly noobish question, but I thought I'd try here before making a thread.

Is it possible to patch a game ISO in order to change the game ID?

What I'm trying to do here is get multiple copies of the same game, reading separate save files from the NAND.

I have three copies (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL) of the game, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm trying to find a way to either insert English into my NTSC-J copy or to have the Wii read a backup of my NTSC-U copy as NTSC-J (RUUJ01 rather than RUUE01, which would make the save file in the NAND 5255554A rather than 52555545). Is any of this possible or should I just give up?
WIIScrubber is the easy way out here load iso right click on wii disc in left top corner change id is there

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Gamerpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run backed up games off of my Fat32 formatted Sd card but configurable USB loader requires you to place the wbfs file in the wbfs folder as gameid.wbfs What I need to know is how do I get this game ID? If possible I would also like to use ocarina are there any instructions for that as well? Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT