Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
woahhhh, sorry, you said that wiiconnect24 does NOT update my wiii?
i thought as of fw 3.4, this is exactly what it did? automatically?
so, me being on 4.0(J) can keep it on all the time and not worry about it removing my haxxx?
smile.gif

thank you!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
joshuatm said:
woahhhh, sorry, you said that wiiconnect24 does NOT update my wiii?
i thought as of fw 3.4, this is exactly what it did? automatically?
so, me being on 4.0(J) can keep it on all the time and not worry about it removing my haxxx?
smile.gif

thank you!
it doesn't auto update your wii
so it can be on all the time

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
oh... what was i getting confused with? i am sure that i read something that your wii is auto updated as of 3.4, and that is a reason why some don't update to it.
i like your advice, it is what i wanted to hear, but i am still scared
frown.gif
thank you!
just explain what i was getting confused with...
since, in 3.4, i thought nintendo updated the user agreement so that you don't need to accept updates, they just install without permission.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
i cannot understand "autoboot channel". are you referring to forwarder channel? if so try this: http://filetrip.net/f8719-NeoGamma-%28Forw...-%5Bany%5D.html. to create your own channel use wadder or customizemii.

by Autoboot channel i mean, when i click on Neogamma i want that my game start instantly, don't want to pass by the Neogamma Menu between the 2 operations .. don't know what forwarder channel mean ..

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
boof222 said:
the failed to get root problem i think is caused by not having an es identify pacthed system menu IOS
but for "priiloader" you dont need to have this patch

Does Priiloader is like Preloader ? what are the differences ? i want some of the hacks of Preloader that's why i want to install it too, not just for the feature of preload to open bootmii..

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
joshuatm said:
oh... what was i getting confused with? i am sure that i read something that your wii is auto updated as of 3.4, and that is a reason why some don't update to it.
i like your advice, it is what i wanted to hear, but i am still scared
frown.gif
thank you!
just explain what i was getting confused with...
since, in 3.4, i thought nintendo updated the user agreement so that you don't need to accept updates, they just install without permission.
It is true that they changed the agreement a while ago
But it only states they can (in theory) and not that they will
They don't have the right to update your Wii without you accepting it (almost illegal to do that)
So they won't.

Another reason why they don't do it is because it can brick non-hacked wii's (like when the power drops out when updating)

In case you want to feel a little safer, you can activate Wiiconnect24, but disable standby internet.
Like that, you can use the channels that need WC24, but it will not go online if the Wii is turned off

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
longtom1 said:
Hellfire said:
Hellfire said:
Could someone tell me if I can get gifts (WiiWare games, etc) if my Wii's firmware isn't up to date?
Anyone? Please? Don't want to update unless I really need to.
yes you can if the shop channel is asking for an update just get wiiscu from wiibrew and update the shop channel and IOS61 only no need to update the whole console
That's not what I asked, I wanna know if I can receive gifts, not shop. Thanks anyway.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
tj_cool, THANK YOU!
smile.gif
yay.gif

-edit. wait, why would it be illegal, if i accepted the agreement? surely if i accept, i accept and they can do it? whatever, thanks!

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
The response to this will probably get lost in this vast thread, but hopefully someone can answer these for me:

Can I change my Priiloader settings if I've set it to autoboot the System Menu, or do I have to re-install it to do that?

How can I re-install the HBC if the HackMii installer says "no vunerable IOS is installed"? It's upside down, and I've had to reinstall it a lot this week, but now it wont let me. I can change an IOS easly enough I guess, but it doesn't say which one it wants.

Thanks

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
your first question's answer is that you hold down reset whilst turning the power on on the wii
smile.gif

to fix my upside down hbc, i used wiiscu, and updated/installed ios60.. or 61. i did both, i forget which made it work though.
smile.gif

-edit. the reason my hbc went upside down was because i installed a trucha signed ios60 (or 61, i forget), and so installing a normal one fixed the hbc. the reason yours is upside down may be a different reason
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
razorback78 said:
i cannot understand "autoboot channel". are you referring to forwarder channel? if so try this: [url=http://filetrip.net/f8719-NeoGamma-%28Forw...-%5Bany%5D.html]http://filetrip.net/f8719-NeoGamma-%28Forw...-%5Bany%5D.html[/url]. to create your own channel use wadder or customizemii.

by Autoboot channel i mean, when i click on Neogamma i want that my game start instantly, don't want to pass by the Neogamma Menu between the 2 operations .. don't know what forwarder channel mean ..

i don't think neogamma could do that...by passing neogamma menu then load the game. though you could make a channel of a wii game on your wii system menu to run it off a usb loader. through this you could run the game you want instantly.

Posts merged

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:01 AM)
just looked at a game in wii scubber and seen this RVL-NigaoeNR-v6.wad file in the update partition does anyone know what it's for???
is that a Japanese game? the "nigaoe" is the mii channel for japanese console.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
retrospect said:
The response to this will probably get lost in this vast thread, but hopefully someone can answer these for me:

Can I change my Priiloader settings if I've set it to autoboot the System Menu, or do I have to re-install it to do that?

How can I re-install the HBC if the HackMii installer says "no vunerable IOS is installed"? It's upside down, and I've had to reinstall it a lot this week, but now it wont let me. I can change an IOS easly enough I guess, but it doesn't say which one it wants.

Thanks
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/fix-hbc

truzza

Trophies
XP
Country
OK so I softmodded my 3.2E Wii using the all-in-one softmodding for dummies guide (wiiguide.co.cc). Included in the package was this:

Wii Backup Launcher (Autoboot Gamma channel Wii-ish style V.2 002 FIX by NeoRame)

As I understand, using this loader resolves the Error 002 problem when trying to load some games.

Anyways, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (PAL) works sweet as. But, yesterday I tried to load Madagascar Kartz (PAL) which was backed up to DVD-R using the above backup loader and it received the Error 002.

I know that I can download the patching software and Wii scrubber to fix, but why isn't the backup loader resovling the error 002?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
i don't think neogamma could do that...by passing neogamma menu then load the game. though you could make a channel of a wii game on your wii system menu to run it off a usb loader. through this you could run the game you want instantly.

i had Neogamma R7 doing that, to enter in the menu before loading the game i hold the 1 button and it entered in the menu, but when i clicked on Start button it run.. i hope to find a way to do that in R8 beta 15 ..

kushty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
kushty said:
Hi guys, I've successfully modded my 3.2 wii and can play wads and wii isos. However, I can't get gamecube games to work
frown.gif

I've downloaded this (http://filetrip.net/f4658-GC-Backup-Launcher-0-2.html) and installed the mios to cIOS249. I then tried running the backup launcher but it doesn't work, just makes a horrible sound on the DVD and the screen doesn't change. I burnt the GC game to a dvd-r and it was verified as working on the wii. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks a lot!
why don't you try neogamma? info here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...s/disc/neogamma
discussions here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

I've tried neogamma and it claims its on IOS249. It just attempts to read the disc and then does nothing. Any ideas?! TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: