Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mexcndopey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i have a question, im trying to install a wad through wad manager, but when i try to load my wad manager on HBC it says "this is not an application for the wii" Im not sure what i can do to fix that any help would be great thanks.

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
is there any way to move files from your PC to your Wii without taking the SD card in, some sort of online transfer?
not much of a problem, but would be neater and faster to do it over the network

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screwed said:
is there any way to move files from your PC to your Wii without taking the SD card in, some sort of online transfer?
google wiiload

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
you have a lot of question here dude.
smile.gif
regarding wiiflow it is true that it is easy to use because of its good looking GUI and user friendly interface, but i do not know if it is now capable of disc loading. i know for sure that usb loader gx and neogamma are loaders capable of doing usb and disc loading. if you want to know more about these apps check here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers.
yes you could clone hdd with wbfs manager.
not only wiiflow could use cios222/223, but other loaders like uLoader, usb loader gx, etc. usually hermes' cios becomes an alternative for most users if cios249 fails to run a game. for me i use uLoader for 222/223 and neogamma for 249. though most loaders have the option to select on what cios will the game be loaded: 249,222,or 223. all of these cios are capable of backup loading. installing hermes cios will really do no harm if you do the installation correctly. for cios 222/223 info check here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios.
disc loading on the disc channel is very much different from loading off games using a loader to load the dvd. loading games, say neogamma, allow you to use cios249 to load the game and not the default ios by the game. loaders also gives you flexibility for running games even different from your wii's region. it will also skip disc updates. same is true for using a loader called gecko os.
disc channel loading original or backups will definitely ask for system updates if your console is not up to date. you could not play region free games. you could eliminate this by installing preloader/priiloader or by using startpatch to enable system menu hacks.

Thank You for your answers
smile.gif
i have another question regarding bootmii installed in boot2, i didn't install bootmii a lot of time since i didn't do a lot of hack so i "know what i do" and i always do the same tricks so didn't need to install bootmii because i knew that i wouldn't brick any wii if i do the same tricks all the time, but then, if i want to install Bootmii in boot2, can i "remove" the bootmii screen at the beggining of my wii startup just like Preloader do and use it only if i need it with some button trick or something ? i know that it will not open at my Wii Startup if it is installed as an IOS but i know too that i need Preloader to open it if it is installed like it ..

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
screwed said:
google wiiload
or you can use a HBC app called wiiexplorer if you set up a smb share folder on your pc you can copy and paste files between wii and pc

Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The last weeks i tried burning New Super Mario Bros. PAL a several of times on good media (Verbatim). Only when my Wii is at his homescreen, my Wii crashes and displays a error message with "Unable to read the disc". This only happens with the patched version of NSMB.

I installed alot of (c )OISes and also restored the Trucha bug according several tutorials. But still with out any luck. The error keeps getting displayed. Did i do anything wrong? Or do i have to have a special (c )OIS or anything like that?

Im running firmware 4.0.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi,

i tried to install Preloader since my Bootmii is installed as IOS, and it don't boot the installation when i choose Preloader 0.30 i get a "failed to get to root" message.. what's the problem ?

Thank You

cadewii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a 3.3U wii running bannerbomb/homebrew channel.

I am going to try to load a backup of New Super Mario Bros (from disc, not usb) and wondering what all I need to do. I see there are so many options/apps to do this, but not sure what makes the most sense for current games.

Not sure if I should be updating via the safe updater to 4.2, reinstalling bannerbomb, etc first.

Not looking for any hand holding and I have researched a ton, just not sure how to differentiate what the best options are and would appreciate a point in the right direction....

so far, I am thinking:
1.update safely to 4.2
2.reinstall proper bannerbomb for 4.2
3.walkthru a process similar to this post: LINK

Hermpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

My noob questions are:

What is the best way to update a softmodded wii to 4.2E

I have used waninkoko's 'safe' update but wasn't safe at all (HBC upside down and there were no more vulnerable ios files present)
It took me ages to fix all that.

I've read that you can just install a couple of wad files depending on your region. (ios70 etc)
Can somebody give me some more info on that?

Will the official 4.2E update brick a wii that is softmodded?
If you do a system format and than update to 4.2 will that change anything?
Or is there a way to make all games work on a lower firmware?

Sorry for all the questions
biggrin.gif

thnx

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hermpie said:
Hello,

My noob questions are:

I have used waninkoko's 'safe' update but wasn't safe at all (HBC upside down and there were no more vulnerable ios files present)

I've read that you can just install a couple of wad files depending on your region. (ios70 etc)

biggrin.gif

thnx

I can't answer to all those questions because i don't know the X.XE versions of Wii, the only thing i can tell you is: DO NOT format your Wii system because it will brick your wii

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hermpie said:
Hello,

My noob questions are:

biggrin.gif

thnx
You can update with dop-ios mod v8 you just install IOS70 first and then system menu 4.2 for your region

the official 4.2 update from nintendo will probably stubb your cIOS and others(202, 222 +223)

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
longtom1 said:
Hermpie said:
Hello,

My noob questions are:

biggrin.gif

thnx
You can update with dop-ios mod v8 you just install IOS70 first and then system menu 4.2 for your region

the official 4.2 update from nintendo will probably stubb your cIOS and others(202, 222 +223)

is there some kind of patching needed for IOS70 like there was for IOS60 in order to play games directly off the SD card?

takaneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This probably isn't a terribly noobish question, but I thought I'd try here before making a thread.

Is it possible to patch a game ISO in order to change the game ID?

What I'm trying to do here is get multiple copies of the same game, reading separate save files from the NAND.

I have three copies (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL) of the game, but since I can't read Japanese, I'm trying to find a way to either insert English into my NTSC-J copy or to have the Wii read a backup of my NTSC-U copy as NTSC-J (RUUJ01 rather than RUUE01, which would make the save file in the NAND 5255554A rather than 52555545). Is any of this possible or should I just give up?

Hermpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
longtom1 said:
Hermpie said:
Hello,

My noob questions are:

biggrin.gif

thnx

thnx longtom for your fast reply, im able to obtain ios70 for my region, but which ones are used for system menu 4.2?
I thought ios70 was system menu 4.2

hope you can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Lmao +1