Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys,

i havent used my wii in ages and i just came back to look things up to load some new games and and now confused with everything that has gone on. here is my current situation:

when i was last here 3.2 (in my case, 3.2E) was the mother of all firmwares so i downgraded to that, installed preloader and currently use cIOS36r9, USB loader 1.1 and a couple of (now out of date) DVDR and USB channels.

ive been reading about a new loader called USB Loader GX, what is this?????? and how is it different to previous USB loaders.

i would like to be able to play all the newest games with minimal effort such as wii sports resort (yes i know you need the motionplus to play it but that is covered)

is IOS36r13a better than 13b????

also, if i get new loaders to play these new games, then is there a way to remove my old channels such as my USB channel, when i no longer have the WADs for them?

also, can i use waninkoko's updater to safely update to 4.1 and preserve all of my stuff like preloader, or would it break preloader and would i have to re-install a new one?

i also have cIOScorp installed, v1. would that in anyway harm the updating to 4.1????

thanks guys. if i havent made any parts clear which im guessing is all of them, id be happy to restate everything.

Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ell2Cool said:
hey guys,

i havent used my wii in ages and i just came back to look things up to load some new games and and now confused with everything that has gone on. here is my current situation:

when i was last here 3.2 (in my case, 3.2E) was the mother of all firmwares so i downgraded to that, installed preloader and currently use cIOS36r9, USB loader 1.1 and a couple of (now out of date) DVDR and USB channels.

ive been reading about a new loader called USB Loader GX, what is this?????? and how is it different to previous USB loaders.
There are many usb loader versions. GX is seen as one of the best. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922
Read the official readmii (in my sig) to find out what it can do.

i would like to be able to play all the newest games with minimal effort such as wii sports resort (yes i know you need the motionplus to play it but that is covered)

is IOS36r13a better than 13b???? Yes, it has no 'bad' 002fix (I'm not going to explain that)

also, if i get new loaders to play these new games, then is there a way to remove my old channels such as my USB channel, when i no longer have the WADs for them?
Any title deleter can do it (check wiibrew). Or use waninkokos wad creator to create a wad of it again.

also, can i use waninkoko's updater to safely update to 4.1 and preserve all of my stuff like preloader, or would it break preloader and would i have to re-install a new one?
There is a guide called 'Ultimate system menu 4.0 guide. You can use it (just use the 4.1 updater instead of 4.0)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

i also have cIOScorp installed, v1. would that in anyway harm the updating to 4.1????
See previous Q. cIOSCorp has to be reinstalled at the correct moment or it bricks the wii.

thanks guys. if i havent made any parts clear which im guessing is all of them, id be happy to restate everything.

Thanks.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks got a problem here
I used starfall to kill heatlh screen and then installled preloader on 3.2u(MiiWii package). I want it back but disabling prealoader health hack doesnt work, and i cant load starfall cause it shows error. Any help could be apreciated.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use NAND Cleaner to get rid of preloader, then disable ALL the hacks you enabled on starfall, and then reinstall preloader, this time, don't enable the hack for the health screen...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
whoizdib said:
So can you run elf files from the HBC now? Do you need the bannerbomb exploit to install new versions of bootmii? Or can I install it from the HBC?

Thanks.
Only bannerbomb and preloader can run .elf files for now, Team Twizers disable the .elf support from HBC
frown.gif

dcoop said:
Got a question about these IOS things..

How to do you know which ones you have installed on your Wii?

and if you dont have some..is there something that you do to get them installed? Do you need to buy a game? Or is there a pack of them somewhere that you can get?

I know they're not allowed to be hosted to/linked to on here so not asking for that.
You can use TitleLister to know wich ones you have, and you can use IOS-DOP (or DIP don't remember) to get them and install them on your Wii

mfalcon said:
Noob with a question

I have my wii with the twilight hack done by someone other than me. I currently get some 002 errors and after much research I guess I need to update my cios and possibly a new backup launcher. I have a blank sd card and downloaded a cios installer and neo gamma launcher. I understand I have to rename the .dol files to boot.dol. Is this correct. Can I just make an app file on a sd card or do I need to format a card in a way like my sons hacked psp? Sorry for such an easy question for the pros here but I dont want to make a mistake and wreck my kids wii for I will get lynched.

the files need to be on:
SD:/apps/cIOS installer/boot.dol
SD:apps/Backup Launcher/boot.dol
QUOTE(superman101 @ Jul 22 2009, 08:13 PM) i just tried backing up my nand to my SD card, but all im getting is "Short write to block 0: 0 bytes, Backup failed:-1"
anyone know whats happening
Your SD is not compatible

QUOTE(pangasinan @ Jul 23 2009, 01:31 AM)
Hello
I want to play some wiiware games on my wii,i think they are wad files ??,anyway is there some sort of tutorial on how to play these please.I have a PAL WII v 3.3E,i have the twilight hack installed and Homebrew channel and have cIOS36rev7 installed and also am using IOS249 and am using Neogamma R6 to play backup games.. So please what do i have to do to get some wiiware games running...thanks

Install .wad files with Wad Manager..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nollog said:
How does one revert to the official Nintendo IOS's and firmware?
Is it even possible?

The reason I ask is that I have no clue what c/ios's I've installed after following so many guides, and in my experience not knowing what you've done to a console or computer ends in disaster eventually.

Use TitleLister to check wich IOSes you have on your Wii, although if you haven't used CIOScorp, you ONLY have a cIOS (wich always gets installed as IOS249), and it is not recomendable to delete is cause you might loose homebrew (pirate wise mostly) capability, but perform an update thru Wii's settings to get the LATEST IOSes versions
El-Grosso said:
How do I make iso's from already burnt games on DVD-Rs using Imgburn? Is it create image file from disc? Thanks.

Exactly..!!
smile.gif

Yarko said:
Ok, this should be an easy one:

How do I make PAL games (particularly Wii Sports Resort) work on my NTSC Wii/TV.

It gives me error 002 and even after trying the NeoGamma solution, the screen is black and white and jumps up and down.

Any help would be GLADLY appreciated.

(I use USB's, not DVD's)

Force to NTSC on the NeoGamma options..!!

QUOTE(illmatic8582 @ Jul 24 2009, 12:18 AM)
I did an official firmware update from 3.4u to 4.1u and my serial number for my wii begins with lu65, what do I need to play backups? I know some people do not like these questions, but I would really appreciate any help, even someone telling me it can't be done, please thank you so much in advance

There are tons of guides stickied here, it doesn't matter your serial number as long as you don't downgrade lower than 3.4, but I believe the steps are:

use Bannerbomb to launch HackMii installer and install the HBC
use TBR (trucha bug restorer) to downgrade the IOS35
use a cIOS installer (above cIOS_r9)
use the NeoGamma to launch your backups

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So you found the multiquote eh?
tongue.gif

ether2802 said:
illmatic8582 said:
I did an official firmware update from 3.4u to 4.1u and my serial number for my wii begins with lu65, what do I need to play backups? I know some people do not like these questions, but I would really appreciate any help, even someone telling me it can't be done, please thank you so much in advance

There are tons of guides stickied here, it doesn't matter your serial number as long as you don't downgrade lower than 3.4, but I believe the steps are:

use Bannerbomb to launch HackMii installer and install the HBC
use TBR (trucha bug restorer) to downgrade the IOS15
install patched IOS36 (TBR)
restore IOS15 (TBR)
use a cIOS installer (above cIOS_r9 if you want USB backups), install with IOS36
use the NeoGamma to launch your backups

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
screwed said:
Has there come up a way to installd wads on system menu 4.0E yet?
Without using cisos that is. just through HBC

No there isn't and there will never exist a way to do that, cause "N" has patched every security hole in the systme, but you just need to use TBR (trucha bug restorer) to downgrade your IOS35, and be able to use a cIOS installer, that's not that hard, isn't..??
wink.gif

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Hello guys.

Bit of background info: I told myself I wasn't going to pirate games any more, especially since the wonders of Xbox Live and Steam came about. The problem here? Wii doesn't have demos for anything, not even WiiWare, and there are so many games out there I really want to try before going out and actually purchasing them, so a few questions if that's okay...

1. What's the best, simplest way of (soft?) modding my Wii in such a way? I'm fairly computer savvy (I think!) but still want something fairly fool proof as it's on my parent's Wii console (I did buy it for them though, and will buy them a replacement if I mess up!!)

2. Do you need an external hard drive, or would a 4GB card suffice?

3. If your console is modded, can you still upgrade to the latest Wii firmware etc, and play online? And also use the store to purchase WiiWare titles and the like after trying them?

Thanks
smile.gif

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all that tj_cool.

a few other things im not sure of though, can preloader be installed on 4.1 or not. and are their better methods of brick protection.

i briefly read about bootmii but was put off it as it sounds like quite a big thing and i only want something minimal like preloader and im confused about the whole boot2 or IOS thing. with bootmii, does it boot to the bootmii menu every time or can you instruct it to boot straight to the system menu and only access bootmii through HBC or using a combination of buttons at startup??

tj_cool said:
Ell2Cool said:
hey guys,

There are many usb loader versions. GX is seen as one of the best. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922
Read the official readmii (in my sig) to find out what it can do.

is IOS36r13a better than 13b???? Yes, it has no 'bad' 002fix (I'm not going to explain that)

Any title deleter can do it (check wiibrew). Or use waninkokos wad creator to create a wad of it again.

There is a guide called 'Ultimate system menu 4.0 guide. You can use it (just use the 4.1 updater instead of 4.0)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

See previous Q. cIOSCorp has to be reinstalled at the correct moment or it bricks the wii.

Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ell2Cool said:
Thanks for all that tj_cool.

a few other things im not sure of though, can preloader be installed on 4.1 or not. and are their better methods of brick protection.

i briefly read about bootmii but was put off it as it sounds like quite a big thing and i only want something minimal like preloader and im confused about the whole boot2 or IOS thing. with bootmii, does it boot to the bootmii menu every time or can you instruct it to boot straight to the system menu and only access bootmii through HBC or using a combination of buttons at startup??

Bootmii is better for brick protection. But not all wii's can use it. You can command it to autoboot the system menu.

Preloader can be installed on 4.1 .It has less brick protection than bootmii, but has system menu hacks (optional).

jryanvt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently followed this guide to enable my wii to play games off a hard drive (except when I did it called for cIOS38_rev10). It had been over a year since my Wii was replaced, so I figured I would give soft modding a try because I was out of warranty anyway. Well, the little black dots have come back so I need to have it replaced again. Over the phone Nintendo told me it would be $85 to fix, so I wasn't worried about leaving traces of homebrew on it. Then I called back again to ask a couple questions and they noticed this was the third time I was sending a Wii in for the same issue, so they waived the fee. I have tried searches on what I need to do to remove all bits of homebrew info, but haven't found one complete guide. I only installed one wad to have CoverFloader be a channel on the main menu, and I have already uninstalled that. If anyone could lay out instructions that would be awesome. I kinda want to avoid a reformat because I'd like to keep my game saves that can't be copied or moved. It seems like a huge dead giveaway for Nintendo is in the Wii messages area where my games played history is dominated by CoverFloader and homebrew. Thanks.

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,on my brothers wii v 3.4 he has the homebrew channel installed via twilight hack and has wii manager 1.4,so he can also run homebrew games without problems,BUT he can not install cIOS36 as i gives him a error everytime.He needs to install this to play backup games (discs).We done some research a few months ago and it seems he needs to change his wii version,but we dont have internet available for the wii,so everything stopped.
But i see that things have come a long way recently and i am hoping that there is a new way of playing backup games without cIOS36,is this now possible ?? if not is there a new way for him to install cIOS36 using a new app ??,maybe bannerbomb or something similar...thanks.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
dcoop said:
Got a question about these IOS things..

How to do you know which ones you have installed on your Wii?

and if you dont have some..is there something that you do to get them installed? Do you need to buy a game? Or is there a pack of them somewhere that you can get?

I know they're not allowed to be hosted to/linked to on here so not asking for that.
You can use TitleLister to know wich ones you have, and you can use IOS-DOP (or DIP don't remember) to get them and install them on your Wii

Any/much risk in doing that?

Also im sure I saw in a thread on here the other day, someone had a list of what IOS' people need(or at least, might aswell have) anyone know where the hell I saw that?

Kekkimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious about softmodding my wii, but I really don't want to brick it. I don't have a copy of Twilight Princess to do the twilight hack, so I was thinking about using bannerbomb, but the big issue I have with doing anything is the fact that my firmware is at 4.1U. Being that I am a noob at this, should I even bother with bannerbomb, or if I got a copy of twilight princess what are the chances that I could successfully softmod my wii without turning it into an expensive door stop?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kekkimaru said:
I was curious about softmodding my wii, but I really don't want to brick it. I don't have a copy of Twilight Princess to do the twilight hack, so I was thinking about using bannerbomb, but the big issue I have with doing anything is the fact that my firmware is at 4.1U. Being that I am a noob at this, should I even bother with bannerbomb, or if I got a copy of twilight princess what are the chances that I could successfully softmod my wii without turning it into an expensive door stop?
You have 4.x so no choice but to use bannerbomb. Twilight Hack doesn't work

Kekkimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Kekkimaru said:
You have 4.x so no choice but to use bannerbomb. Twilight Hack doesn't work

What are the chances I'll brick my wii trying to install the homebrew channel with bannerbomb?

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so after getting NO help in Backup Loaders forum I came here.
so ama just copy paste my problem.

Help getting USB Loader GX to work all games go to black screen, and SD/USB loader 1.5 freezes on "booting wii game, please wait..."

I'm also rly confusing regarding cIOS, how can I install cIOS38 rev13b, if cIOS36 rev10 is already installed in IOS249?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system