Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

whoizdib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you run elf files from the HBC now? Do you need the bannerbomb exploit to install new versions of bootmii? Or can I install it from the HBC?

Thanks.

rp4man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea. I need some help. ( Using 4.0 )

My wii laser is dieing. Not even a wii disc cleaner will work anymore.

I was talking to a friend who is pretty good at hacking and told me to come here. He told me to begin to run games off of this thing called USB GX as it won't use my near dead wii disc reader.

So now I have a few questions......

A. Will this work for DVD's?

I have used my wii as my DVD player for a long time and I don't want to buy a player. Since my laser is dying I kinda need this to work.

B. Can it work for both games and DVD's at the same time?

My friend has told me that you can't make your cake and eat it too. That you have to choose between DVD's or Games. Can I get a confirmation?

C. Where can I find this?

I looked on the HBC browser and couldn't locate it.

D. How would I use it?

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Daisuke9 said:
Hello New Question

Curently i have 4.0u gamma.3 backup channel.
ran IOS36patcher to update latest revision
ran TBR to restore the T/Bug
used startpatch 4.0 to set skip update checking

thats basically where im at.
What i would like to do now is remove the gamma.3 channel i have [ installed gamma.3.wad] and install neogamma.
i read that i need to update my cIOS to REV13a. would this be referring to IOS38r13a?
What would be the best way to remove the backup channel i have?
would NeoGammaR6 .wad be better then the hbc package?
the backup channel i use now is easy for my girls so i like but will use whatevers best to use.
My end result that i would like to be at is
neogammaR6 in order to utilize the 002fix thats needed for certain backups.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Daisuke

To remove the gamma 0.3 channel you have you go back into wad manager (preferably wad manager 1.4) if you have an older cIOS installed at all have it use IOS249 and then have it uninstall the same wad you used to install the channel (the gamma.3.wad)

To update your cIOS, Google Waninkoko's cIOS rev13a installer (or just rev13) if it just says rev13 it's probably 13a as it wasn't named 13a until 13b came out. Run that installer like a normal HBC app and have it use IOS249 and do a network installation (if you don't have a previous cIOS installed and IOS249 doesn't show up, then since you already used the TBR, if you did that properly, you should be able to have it use IOS36 instead. The same goes for the wad manager above.) After you install this cIOS you should be able to use IOS249 for anything else though.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165485

The wad there should pretty much look exactly the same as your gamma 0.3 loader and will autoboot discs the same way. By hbc package do you mean is installing a wad better than running it through the HBC as a .dol file? If so it's just personal preference. If you want a channel, install the wad. If you want to load it through the HBC, just use the .dol.

i went to uninstall gamma.3, But when i did the install. i did not have a wad called gamma.3 i think its called gameplayer.wad
i have a little toolpaxk call Wiitools 1.5 in this toolbox is a app called WAD id
when i check this gameplayer .wad with the wad id application it tells me this .

ID : BKUP
region : region Free , 0003
total bytes : 4804416
blocks : 21

i put a link to the package i was given in that package is everything i used including the gamplayer.wad, IOS35.wad, HBC.wad, cIOS249.wad [[iremoved it already]]

I do not know what would happen if i try to uninstall the wrong wad. and i have not found another wad identifier or a gamma03 wad to verify if this is the correct correct wad to remove.

how wou;d i find out if its the gamma.3 wad i need to uninstall.

OR
can i just install the cIOS13a [IOS38r13a] and then install the neogammaR6.wad and after that uninstall the gamma.3channel?
OR
until i can find the right wad to uninstall am i SOL?

Daisuke

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whoizdib said:
So can you run elf files from the HBC now? Do you need the bannerbomb exploit to install new versions of bootmii? Or can I install it from the HBC?

Thanks.

The HBC never had a problem running .elf files. It's just badly formed ones that it can't run. Team Twiizers are the ones that made the HBC and bootmii. They wouldn't make an installer not even work with their own software. You should never need bannerbomb again as long as your HBC works.

rp4man said:

I was talking to a friend who is pretty good at hacking and told me to come here. He told me to begin to run games off of this thing called USB GX as it won't use my near dead wii disc reader.

I have used my wii as my DVD player for a long time and I don't want to buy a player. Since my laser is dying I kinda need this to work.

My friend has told me that you can't make your cake and eat it too. That you have to choose between DVD's or Games. Can I get a confirmation?

D. How would I use it?

Your friend suggested that you stop using dvd's to play your games altogether. USB Loader GX is an application that can run games off of an external USB device like a usb hard drive. The drive that you use needs to be formatted through any usb loader from the Wii or through WBFS manager on your pc. It will format it to something that windows will not be able to read (except through WBFS manager) and nothing else but wii games can be installed on it. To get this working you will need to update your cIOS to at least rev9. Rev13a is the most recent stable version and you should go with that one. Then you need to format your external hard drive to WBFS through a usb loader or WBFS manager. Then you can either transfer the games to the drive through WBFS manager if you have the .iso's of the games or through a usb loader on your Wii. You would load the usb loader, put the disc in, and click install and it will install the game to your hard drive from the disc.

By doing this and using the usb loader for your games from that point you will put less strain on your dvd drive and you will get faster loading times for the games to boot as the usb loader will load games faster than even retail discs. The damage seems to have already been done to your dvd drive and nothing else can help you with playing dvd movies through it. If you absolutely need to use your Wii to play dvd's instead of buying a cheap standalone player, then you most likely will need to buy a new dvd drive for your Wii soon when it completely gives out.

Daisuke9 said:
nabster92 said:
QUOTE(Daisuke9 @ Jul 21 2009, 01:47 AM)
Hello New Question

What i would like to do now is remove the gamma.3 channel i have [ installed gamma.3.wad] and install neogamma.
i read that i need to update my cIOS to REV13a. would this be referring to IOS38r13a?
the backup channel i use now is easy for my girls so i like but will use whatevers best to use.

Daisuke

To remove the gamma 0.3 channel you have you go back into wad manager (preferably wad manager 1.4) if you have an older cIOS installed at all have it use IOS249 and then have it uninstall the same wad you used to install the channel (the gamma.3.wad)

To update your cIOS, Google Waninkoko's cIOS rev13a installer (or just rev13) if it just says rev13 it's probably 13a as it wasn't named 13a until 13b came out. Run that installer like a normal HBC app and have it use IOS249 and do a network installation (if you don't have a previous cIOS installed and IOS249 doesn't show up, then since you already used the TBR, if you did that properly, you should be able to have it use IOS36 instead. The same goes for the wad manager above.) After you install this cIOS you should be able to use IOS249 for anything else though.

The wad there should pretty much look exactly the same as your gamma 0.3 loader and will autoboot discs the same way. By hbc package do you mean is installing a wad better than running it through the HBC as a .dol file? If so it's just personal preference. If you want a channel, install the wad. If you want to load it through the HBC, just use the .dol.

i went to uninstall gamma.3, But when i did the install. i did not have a wad called gamma.3 i think its called gameplayer.wad
i have a little toolpaxk call Wiitools 1.5 in this toolbox is a app called WAD id
when i check this gameplayer .wad with the wad id application it tells me this .

i put a link to the package i was given in that package is everything i used including the gamplayer.wad, IOS35.wad, HBC.wad, cIOS249.wad [[link removed]]

I do not know what would happen if i try to uninstall the wrong wad. and i have not found another wad identifier or a gamma03 wad to verify if this is the correct correct wad to remove.

OR
can i just install the cIOS13a [IOS38r13a] and then install the neogammaR6.wad and after that uninstall the gamma.3channel?
OR

Daisuke

I would remove that link ASAP if it has a link to IOS wad's as you say it does. That's not allowed here. You don't HAVE to uninstall that first to continue. You will just have that old channel still there on your Wii and it happens to look exactly the same as the NeoGamma channel I linked to unless you go into the configuration screen by holding 1 when clicking start.

That being said there shouldn't be anything bad that happens if you have wad manager try to uninstall that wad you have if it's not installed. I'm not quite sure what it would do, but either it will not give you an option to uninstall or it will just give some error or something trying to if it's not there.

I'm not sure what you are specifically talking about with that IOS38r13a thing, but if it is a wad that's not really how you should be installing cIOS's quick google should come up with something like this http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=4051

cIOS are generally installed by running an app through the HBC that automatically installs it using your internet connection (or a wad from your SD card if you don't have wifi)

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Daisuke9 said:
nabster92 said:
Daisuke9 said:
Hello New Question

Daisuke

i put a link to the package i was given in that package is everything i used including the gamplayer.wad, IOS35.wad, HBC.wad, cIOS249.wad [[link removed]]

OR
OR

Daisuke

I would remove that link ASAP if it has a link to IOS wad's as you say it does. That's not allowed here. You don't HAVE to uninstall that first to continue. You will just have that old channel still there on your Wii and it happens to look exactly the same as the NeoGamma channel I linked to unless you go into the configuration screen by holding 1 when clicking start.

That being said there shouldn't be anything bad that happens if you have wad manager try to uninstall that wad you have if it's not installed. I'm not quite sure what it would do, but either it will not give you an option to uninstall or it will just give some error or something trying to if it's not there.

I'm not sure what you are specifically talking about with that IOS38r13a thing, but if it is a wad that's not really how you should be installing cIOS's quick google should come up with something like this http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=4051

cIOS are generally installed by running an app through the HBC that automatically installs it using your internet connection (or a wad from your SD card if you don't have wifi)
Ok I can work with that. I removed the link at your request. it was there in case you would look at the wad files in it.
have you heard of the gamma.3.wad being called "gameplayer.wad"?

As for cIOS rev13a or cIOS38r13a both are the same file. this is what i have been trying to establish. if you look for a file called cIOS rev13a it always leads to ios38r13a and thats just what i wanted to verify. which you did by providing a link to a example.

as for haveing 2 backup channels until i can verify the file and uninstall the older one . i will use the wad without the orange and blue strip. removed..
all thats left is to do it . next post i should have this done

Thanks
Daisuke

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok success one of the backups that was giving a 002 error thru gamma.3 and a 001 error thru neogammaR6 [pre cIOSRev13a] now works fine the backup is Transformers-RotF. I have not tried any of the few others i was havinf trouble with but i have good faith in your advice and those who you trust for advice that it can be solved.
again apologies for taking so long to do this. since i cannot backup my NAMD i need to be sure of every action so i only do it once. being reckless can be futile.
we thank you very much for the help.
Daisuke

Phenie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all, new to the WII hacking community.

I have recently been trying to get .wad wiiware games to run through the homebrew channel, so I install them with wad manager, but as soon as I run them, they start and then it simply seems to reboot and return to the main system menu. I have read all over about people getting this to work, so could anyone tell me if I am missing something?

Tryed with 2 different .wads (Megaman 9 and Ant Nation) both which have the same effect. They are apparently region free, so that is not the problem.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Reading around it seems i might be missing IOSs, will update if I get it, thanks.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got a question about these IOS things..

How to do you know which ones you have installed on your Wii?

and if you dont have some..is there something that you do to get them installed? Do you need to buy a game? Or is there a pack of them somewhere that you can get?

I know they're not allowed to be hosted to/linked to on here so not asking for that.

rp4man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
rp4man said:

D. How would I use it?

Your friend suggested that you stop using dvd's to play your games altogether. USB Loader GX is an application that can run games off of an external USB device like a usb hard drive. The drive that you use needs to be formatted through any usb loader from the Wii or through WBFS manager on your pc. It will format it to something that windows will not be able to read (except through WBFS manager) and nothing else but wii games can be installed on it. To get this working you will need to update your cIOS to at least rev9. Rev13a is the most recent stable version and you should go with that one. Then you need to format your external hard drive to WBFS through a usb loader or WBFS manager. Then you can either transfer the games to the drive through WBFS manager if you have the .iso's of the games or through a usb loader on your Wii. You would load the usb loader, put the disc in, and click install and it will install the game to your hard drive from the disc.

By doing this and using the usb loader for your games from that point you will put less strain on your dvd drive and you will get faster loading times for the games to boot as the usb loader will load games faster than even retail discs. The damage seems to have already been done to your dvd drive and nothing else can help you with playing dvd movies through it. If you absolutely need to use your Wii to play dvd's instead of buying a cheap standalone player, then you most likely will need to buy a new dvd drive for your Wii soon when it completely gives out.

Thanks, I am not an expert hacker and don't want to mess with cios and wads so I might just repair my laser. Plus, I really would like my wii to run DVD's instead of purchasing a player as I am space constrained...(DVD players run at like 30-40 at Walmart). Unfortunately that would mean sending it into Nintendo. When that happens, should I uninstall any hacked programs?

Currently, I only have HBC and Bootmii.

whoizdib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this a stupid question, but I guess this the best place to ask.

What happens when someone like waninkoko either gets caught or stops supporting the community?

Does that mean death to custom firmware, and cios?

Will someone take his place?

Thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rp4man said:
nabster92 said:
rp4man said:

D. How would I use it?

Thanks, I am not an expert hacker and don't want to mess with cios and wads so I might just repair my laser. Plus, I really would like my wii to run DVD's instead of purchasing a player as I am space constrained...(DVD players run at like 30-40 at Walmart). Unfortunately that would mean sending it into Nintendo. When that happens, should I uninstall any hacked programs?

Currently, I only have HBC and Bootmii.

Yea, if you send it to nintendo, run the hackmii installer first and have it uninstall the HBC, dvdx, and bootmii if that's all you installed.

QUOTE(whoizdib @ Jul 22 2009, 10:01 AM)
I guess this a stupid question, but I guess this the best place to ask.

What happens when someone like waninkoko either gets caught or stops supporting the community?

Does that mean death to custom firmware, and cios?

Will someone take his place?

Thanks.

Well I think Waninkoko is supposed to be taking a break anyways or something after rev14. His work wouldn't just disappear though so people would still benefit from all that he's done. He just wouldn't release updates to things, but someone else could possibly pick up where he left off if he does stop.

mfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob with a question

I have my wii with the twilight hack done by someone other than me. I currently get some 002 errors and after much research I guess I need to update my cios and possibly a new backup launcher. I have a blank sd card and downloaded a cios installer and neo gamma launcher. I understand I have to rename the .dol files to boot.dol. Is this correct. Can I just make an app file on a sd card or do I need to format a card in a way like my sons hacked psp? Sorry for such an easy question for the pros here but I dont want to make a mistake and wreck my kids wii for I will get lynched.

superman101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried backing up my nand to my SD card, but all im getting is "Short write to block 0: 0 bytes, Backup failed:-1"
anyone know whats happening

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I want to play some wiiware games on my wii,i think they are wad files ??,anyway is there some sort of tutorial on how to play these please.I have a PAL WII v 3.3E,i have the twilight hack installed and Homebrew channel and have cIOS36rev7 installed and also am using IOS249 and am using Neogamma R6 to play backup games.. So please what do i have to do to get some wiiware games running...thanks

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How does one revert to the official Nintendo IOS's and firmware?
Is it even possible?

The reason I ask is that I have no clue what c/ios's I've installed after following so many guides, and in my experience not knowing what you've done to a console or computer ends in disaster eventually.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
pangasinan said:
Hello
I want to play some wiiware games on my wii,i think they are wad files ??,anyway is there some sort of tutorial on how to play these please.I have a PAL WII v 3.3E,i have the twilight hack installed and Homebrew channel and have cIOS36rev7 installed and also am using IOS249 and am using Neogamma R6 to play backup games.. So please what do i have to do to get some wiiware games running...thanks
Dude first of all dont ask about illegal contents like wiiware nobody is going to answer.You know a cIOS is required to play backups but what u dont is this is installed in the IOS249 space.For more detail information visit this page http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/112-the-s...os-for-wii.html
Hope this help you

bekern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVM!!
rolleyes.gif

Yarko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, this should be an easy one:

How do I make PAL games (particularly Wii Sports Resort) work on my NTSC Wii/TV.

It gives me error 002 and even after trying the NeoGamma solution, the screen is black and white and jumps up and down.

Any help would be GLADLY appreciated.

(I use USB's, not DVD's)

illmatic8582

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did an official firmware update from 3.4u to 4.1u and my serial number for my wii begins with lu65, what do I need to play backups? I know some people do not like these questions, but I would really appreciate any help, even someone telling me it can't be done, please thank you so much in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work