assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.1<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

<b>There are two methods described in this guide. Online and completely Offline installations. The Online installation is the safer method. They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+. You only need to use one guide, they both do the same thing. Please read the entire thread including FAQ before asking a question.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Online Downgrade/Upgrade</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Wifi Connection (Ethernet doesnt work)
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?omntyolyjm5" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?omntyolyjm5</a> (08-31-09)

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

<b>If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 8</b>

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

8) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

9) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

10) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Offline Downgrade/Upgrade</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?m2d4dq0njlb" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?m2d4dq0njlb</a> (08-31-2009)

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version

2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over

3) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

<b>If you have bootmii with a nand backup, the homebrew channel, and cios installed already you may skip to step 10</b>

4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

5) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

6) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

7) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart

9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

13) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->You can now use Backup Loaders and run Virtual Console and WiiWare from the SD Channel!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I recommend Backup Launcher NeoGamma for Wii Backups

<a href="http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884" target="_blank">http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884</a>

If you want Gamecube backups install the custom MIOS and use Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2

<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142535</a>

You can also now install a USB Loader. I reccomend USB Loader GX

<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922</a>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>If you want to load games from the disc channel you must install CIOSCORP
The following section applies to both Online and Offline installations.
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->NOTE: NO ASKING FOR LINKS TO CIOS WADS
This section has some risks and is OPTIONAL
if you follow instructions you will be fine.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

1) Put WAD Manager 1.3 on your sd card

<a href="http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.3.zip" target="_blank">http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.3.zip</a>

2) Install the CIOSCORP WADs

can be found in Softmii or MiiWii packages

3) Install CIOS60BF.wad

google "CIOS60HK.zip" or get "cios60.wad" from the offline guide

4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

5) Enable update blocker in preloader. Hold RESET and power on. Change preloader options and hacks

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Frequently Asked Questions<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix Homebrew Channel going to a black screen?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

reinstall it with bannerbomb

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->What if I cant install Bootmii? What if the NAND backup fails?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Chances are you will be fine, its just another security measure which I have never needed to use.

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Is my console BRICKED!?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

If you have Bootmii boot2 or preloader then you are fine. Turn your Wii OFF to the RED light and then hold RESET and turn it on then load the HBC
If you have cIOS installed run cIOS Downgrader
If you dont have cIOS installed use the Offline Downgrade method

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Will this work with Softmii? MiiWii? old version of cIOS? etc<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Theres no need to uninstall anything first. You can install CIOSCORP on 4.0 using this guide

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Will this work with Starfall? Preloader 0.28?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

No. You MUST use Preloader 0.29. Starfall hacks wont work on 4.0. Use the latest preloader hacks.ini

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Do original discs work with/without CIOSCORP?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Yes. CIOSCORP and CIOS60 only affect Backup Discs

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix the error when installing preloader "current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed"?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" which can be found on a disc or using the Offline Pack

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->How do I fix (X)?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Chances are you messed up directions somewhere. Start from Step 1!

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto-->Credits: Team Twiizers, Waninkoko, tona, WB3000, Crediar, WiiGator, WiiBlaster, wiiNinja, ubercow<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guide does it give me full access when using the homebrew channel i been wanting to update for a long time but was afraid of getting bricked or not being able to do everything i already can do with my 3.2U wii. i already downloaded the cios rev 9.also not sure but i read rev 9 gives 6x speed for games now is this true.please answer i already have preloader ready to get installed also going to download the rest of the things i need now.

thanks in advance

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens if we update through nintendo? I've heard alot of people are getting bricked with wanin's updater and that it doesn't come with all the ios's.

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you can install CIOS60BF.wad when you have the preloader 0.29 already installed? it won't fuck things up as preloader is using IOS60?
blink.gif

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikoolol said:
Are you sure you can install CIOS60BF.wad when you have the preloader 0.29 already installed? it won't fuck things up as preloader is using IOS60?
blink.gif
ya i also heard that you can get bricked if you install ios60 after you installed preloader 0.29.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
this guide does it give me full access when using the homebrew channel
This allows everything that was there in 3.2 except some of the preloader hacks

JJBro1 said:
what happens if we update through nintendo? I've heard alot of people are getting bricked with wanin's updater and that it doesn't come with all the ios's.
updating through Nintendo works fine but this Firmware Updater should be safer

QUOTE(kikoolol @ Apr 1 2009, 01:48 PM)
blink.gif
I dont think its an issue since preloader copies over the systemmenu.dol but if someone can confirm this i would appreciate it
Other than that the only thing you would need to do is install CIOS60 and then install preloader again I can confirm this working

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
I dont think its an issue since preloader copies over the systemmenu.dol but if someone can confirm this i would appreciate it
Other than that the only thing you would need to do is install CIOS60 and then install preloader again I can confirm this working

I'm waiting for an answer on this too (can't test it myself as i have no way to recover from a brick/2nd wii) but it's safer to install CIOS60BF BEFORE preloader (just after 4.0update). And you need cioscorpV2 not cioscorp.

Megan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I might do this later, but why do all the guides tell us not to install IOS61 and the Shop Channel?

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
4) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

I've got a question..... I accidentally hit yes to install IOS61 the other night, do you think that's going to harm me in any way? I certainly haven't found any issues yet.

thanks in advance for any responses.

EDIT:
QUOTEWanikoko's 4.0 upgrader does it for you, thats why

Ninja'd! So it seems like I just did double the work, that's all. Thanks again.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kikoolol said:
blink.gif

CONFIRMED you WILL get a system menu corrupt error... Ill edit main post soon

QUOTE(Megan @ Apr 1 2009, 01:59 PM) Thanks, I might do this later, but why do all the guides tell us not to install IOS61 and the Shop Channel?
Its not necessary to install IOS61 or Shop Channel they are installed by the updater

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Just had the corrup error message, thought shit another bricked wii, but just loaded up HBC and installed preloader again, worked like a charm. Now will be installing cioscorp in a moment.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still thinking about updating to 4.0. The SD functions look nice.
As I understand it, Waninkoko's updates leaves trucha intact in IOS files. Does that mean I can also still run trucha signed discs from disc channel? I have of few of them (such as a patched Manhunt 2 with no censoring). I have a hardmodded Wii.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Does that mean I can also still run trucha signed discs from disc channel? I have of few of them (such as a patched Manhunt 2 with no censoring). I have a hardmodded Wii.

If you have a hard mod and the cIOS files installed then yes trucha discs should work and if not you can always use GeckoOS or Backup Launcher to run trucha discs

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So MANY different guides out there... not sure what to believe anymore.

I was told to do it the following way from this thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143281
http://www.yafaze.com/wii/menu4.0hack.html

Assuming you already have cIOS36 v7 or V8 installed.

1. Put the contents of the 4.0hacktools.rar file on the sd card.

2. Put contents of Waninkoko's 4.0 updater on the sd card

3. Open Homebrew Channel and run IOS60 installer, when it boots it will ask the following:

"do you want to download and install IOS61?" SAY NO PRESS B (because it's done later anyway)
"do you want to download and install IOS60?" SAY YES PRESS A
"do you want to patch IOS60?" SAY YES PRESS A

After it's installed IOS60 it'll ask:

"do you want to download and install the newest shop channel?" SAY NO PRESS B. (because it's done later anyway)

Restart Wii.

4. Now use Waninkoko's 4.0 updater and follow prompts.

5. Install cIOS36 v9

6. Install preloader 0.29.

So which is the correct way???

crosseye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please explain if I need to remove Softmii 2.1.1 in order to do this or let me know the steps I would take having Softmii 2.1.1 and 3.2U?

I'd really like to upgrade to 4.0 to load wads from SD, but not lose the ability to load backups from disc channel.

Thanks a lot.

Megan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, is it safe to use the CIOSCORP installer that comes with SoftMii rather than installing them all seperately?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CopyCaet said:
Whenever I try this, my system menu gets corrupted. Any idea's?
just updated the main post
wink2.gif

moviecouple said:
So which is the correct way???
this tutorial is correct and personally tested, please remove the tutorial from your post to avoid confusion

crosseye said:
Could you please explain if I need to remove Softmii 2.1.1 in order to do this or let me know the steps I would take having Softmii 2.1.1 and 3.2U?

I'd really like to upgrade to 4.0 to load wads from SD, but not lose the ability to load backups from disc channel.
you dont need to remove softmii first just re install CIOSCORP following my instructions and disc channel works

Also, is it safe to use the CIOSCORP installer that comes with SoftMii rather than installing them all seperately?
yes i personally use the cioscorp installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over