Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Jay

D-Jay High rulez

Germany
    I'm sure, there are also some credits for WiiBlaster...

2. Megan

Megan Member
    Newcomer

Every time I try to run Waninkoko's Firmware Updater I get a code dump, and idea why?

I have SoftMii 2.1.1, then ran hacks remover, then installed the new cIOS rev9, then tried the firmware updater multiple times to no avail.

3. gemini-saga

gemini-saga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I get Error -1 every time I try [​IMG]

I'm trying for 3 days already and I get this error in a Randon file when downloading

4. assassda

OP assassda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try clearing your internet settings and re setting them. could be a bad connection

sorry i cant really provide support for the firmware updater

5. moviecouple

moviecouple GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So if I update with rev9 and use the Firmware-Updater_4.0 and the IOS60 updater without preloader or cioscorp, I won't be able to use my Disc Channel? Even with real (purchased) discs?

6. assassda

OP assassda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No. this only concerns backup discs, originals will always work

7. skfields01

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    for backups, I go through HBC. Don't even bother with a Backup Loader channel or GC Backup Loaded channel. So than I am fine... Right?

8. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    ok i did all of this now preloader interrupts every time i turn on the wii go back to the wii menu or even try and turn off the wii it always loads a screen saying repairing do not turn off the wii, but it goes away when i press A on the wii mote. How do i stop this?

9. feidhlim1986

feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Fan

Its an April Fools joke built into PreLoader v0.29, it'll go away for good after Midnight

10. menage730

menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    worked like a charm the only part i was missing reinstalling preloader i dont know y people having problems with the updater ive been upgrading downgrading for almost 2 days using that & ciosdowngrader & ios downgrader trying to figure out y i kept getting system files corrupted what i did figure out was that if you go to system settings you could change the ios thats being used to load the system menu i used ios 36 & no error as for cioscorp i use the first version (from the softmii pack ) i had errors with v2 so stuck to v1 & have no errors new games old games but all my games are NTSC & my Wii is ntsc oh you forgot to mention if they install the cmios for gc games they will also load in the disc channel thx for the guide somebody should sticky it

11. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Oh... I wish I knew about this before hand.... so now everyone is destined to suffer with the "repairing your wii" message until midnight? Is there anyway to get rid of it prematurely because its seriously starting to piss me off...

12. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    you could move to europe. here it's april 2nd already
    or just change your wii's clock for one day.

13. ajd4096

ajd4096 GBAtemp Regular

How about step 0 - make sure your HBC is current.

14. pumkinut

pumkinut Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I may have to downgrade to 3.2 and start over. I used Waninkoko's updated and patched, then I installed Preloader and enabled the disk update blocker, everything was working fine. I then did a reinstall of cIOS36 rev 9 and cIOScorp, and both completed without error. I re-installed Preloader and everything boots fine. I cannot get backups to play through the disk channel though. They come up as unrecognized every time. I've tried setting Preloader to 36,249, and 60, but they all have the same result. Any other ideas before I break out AnyRegionChanger and IOSDowngrader?

15. JJBro1

JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    wtf are you serious? Can ANYBDOY run unofficial vc and ww games off of the sd? That was the only reason why i was gonna update.

16. WhySoSerious70

WhySoSerious70 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No you can but I just don't know with the way this guy has got things set up. I followed this guide:

http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News+-+System+Menu+v4

It includes a patcher for ios60 that allows unofficial WW & vc to load off the SD. The ios60 that is in this thread looks to allow launching of games from the disc channel. Don't know if it can be patched with the patcher that I used so that both can happen at the same time.

17. JJBro1

JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    cioscorp is what lets games run from the disc channel, i already have preloader 0.29 which is supposed to patch ios60 so i don't need the patcher do i?

18. WhySoSerious70

WhySoSerious70 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i couldn't tell you. i don't have preloader. but if i install cioscorp without that ios60bf.wad should i then be able to run games from the disc channel? All this might be dumb for me to do anyway. I have USBLoader 1.1 and it seems to be running all the games I already own so do I even need the disc channel option? Hmmmmm.....

19. rockbmi

rockbmi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

So forget what i just said, it will only load up PAL games in the disk channel, how do i get region free in the disk channel.

20. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    If I have softchip installed will it still work after updating?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ULTIMATE, System, Guide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.