Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you want to load games from the disc channel you must install CIOSCORP

2) Install the CIOSCORP WADs

3) Install CIOS60BF.wad

---------------------------------------

Not necessary for chipped Wiis right since disc channel loading is directly supported? Unless you mean even with a modchip installed it will lose the capability of launching games directly from the disc channel after the 4.0 install.

---------------------------------------

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. So I installed cIOS36 rev9 and it went fine. Installed Waninkoko's Firmware-Updater 4.0 and it went fine. Installed IOS60 updater and again it went fine. I have Backup Launcher and GC Backup Launcher installed too, as well, as Wad Manager 1.3.

I am able to boot Wii and GC games through their launchers and everything works perfectly. I even installed a Backup Launcher Channel wad and a GC Backup Launcher Channel wad... and again EVERYTHING works perfect.

I don't plan on installing any channels, VC, or Wiiware games to the SD card. Everything will be on the Wii desktop for me. I don't use the Disc Channel other than loading original games... and I use the HBC or individual channels for Launchers.

So I was wondering. Why do I need to install Preloader or Cioscorp? I am unfamiliar with those two.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
OK. So I installed cIOS36 rev9 and it went fine. Installed Waninkoko's Firmware-Updater 4.0 and it went fine. Installed IOS60 updater and again it went fine. I have Backup Launcher and GC Backup Launcher installed too, as well, as Wad Manager 1.3.

I am able to boot Wii and GC games through their launchers and everything works perfectly. I even installed a Backup Launcher Channel wad and a GC Backup Launcher Channel wad... and again EVERYTHING works perfect.

I don't plan on installing any channels, VC, or Wiiware games to the SD card. Everything will be on the Wii desktop for me. I don't use the Disc Channel other than loading original games... and I use the HBC or individual channels for Launchers.

So I was wondering. Why do I need to install Preloader or Cioscorp? I am unfamiliar with those two.
preloader for brick protection & cioscorp for softmodded wiis disc channel loading backups

sznaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i try to install preloader it just says: Failed to get ROOT, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed, sorry for noob question, just got my wii 3 days ago...

sznaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 4.0, i have everything else running, HBC/backupchannel VM/VC off sd usb loader all the works just cannot install preloader...

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is working perfectly except that i can't run my 4gb sdhc card, it says the device can't be used. I installed prelaoder before anything else on this list so i didn't use the ios60 updater could that be a reason?

sznaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my wii in the exact way that is described in this guide, except i did the upgrade via the downloader(on the wii) and I am getting the "Failed to get ROOT, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed" Any tips?

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that little tutorial was because in my haste with copying wads & channels to the sd & they worked i ended up copying hbc to sd card as it was copying relized nott a good idea & it wasnt trried to delete from sd card it ended deleting from my systemmenu almost had a stroke luckily it was still on sd & working downgraded back down thought everything would be cool wrong upgraded again same deal no hbc in systemmenu still on sd card downgrade one more time pretty much removed everything i could without a format used any title deleter & deleted everything i know i installed ios 249 ,ios 202 ios 222 ios 60 ios 61 then proceeded to follow my guide & everything runs great & im brick protected

oh i was getting the same error well anyways off to bed good luck

sznaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egh, I tried installing a customer ios36 or something and that didn't work, guess i don't need preloader that bad...

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this sounds like the perfect guide but i just need to make sure does this let you copy unofficial wads to the SD card and play them?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menage730 said:
almost forgot dont go crazy installing wads like going to get a 16 gig memory card & try to install every wad you find just so you each wad occupies some system memory not as much as keeping it on the wii nintendo didnt mention that but if you run out of memory in the middle of a wad installation most likely you will banner brick youve been warned

Here's the way it looks to me. When you load a WW or VC title from the SD card it appears to get transfered to the Wii's memory and resides there until you load another game. The block size depends on which game you're loading. Could be anywhere from...i dunno 24 to 320 blocks? It also appears that it will only reside in the Wii's memory until you power off the unit or load a game from disc. So you should be able to load up as big of a card as you want just make sure you have about 500 blocks open on your Wii to be safe.

I'm in the process of doing this mod your way. I'll update when I'm done. Just finished the installing 4.0 step.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menage DUDE!!!! You are the man!!! Followed your guide step by step except for deleting ios249 and everything is working like I was still on 3.2 plus all my nefarious WW & VC work like a champ from the SD card.

Almost pooped my pants though cuz after you install IOS60BF and reboot you get a message that the system files are corrupt.

This is fixed by shutting down the Wii, powering on and immediately pressing and holding the reset button. Then you choose Homebrew Channel then you install preloader 29 again.

Anyway. 10 billion internets to you kind sir. This made my day.
yay.gif

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cant seem to get disc channel loading to work

everything else is working however...

could i possibly use PreLoader to run the sysmenu via 249?? its set to run from 60 at the moment but it doesnt recognize my dvd-r's

usb loading and gamma are both working however...

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
I never installed preloader, and one of the stes says that I'll have a corrupted system message and have to reinstall preloader. All right here are my questions:

1) To reinstall I have to boot HBC. Does it has to be on SD or preloader gets the one installed on Wii memory ?
2) Whay not install preloader only AFTER the CIOS60BF ? As I read, the problem is why this fix screw with preloader and we have to reinstall... so why not install only after everything ??? Will this work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol