Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Realproductions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I am trying to use my 500 gb hdd to store wii games and be able to play other files off of it like movies and music. i have partitioned my drive up in three parts. 1.WBFS 2. FAT32 3.macintosh extended journal. but i dont know how to access different partitions on the wii. some help would be nice!

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saberin said:
Thanks Black Enigma, worked perfectly.

Another question for the board, can I run the online features of WADs and junk?

They should work fine. Although make sure the region of the wads / channels match the region of your Wii.

Kleiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here I am with another question, one i haven't really seen any information pertaining to.

I'm running a 4.0u wii, softmodded through the Bannerbomb hack, and i have a question.

Included with 4.0, the SD card can now be used to load WiiWare games and Virtual console games directly from the SD card. However, with the bannerbomb hack on the SD card, it's not possible for games to be loaded in this way (as far as I can tell. loading the SD card from the data management option tries to boot Bannerbomb, and loading it from the shortcut on the system Menu crashes the Wii)

My question is, can Bannerbomb be removed from the SD card after the hacking is all done? (Homebrew channel and everything is installed and all that good stuff) If it can, will the SD card menu work for loading games?

I would just test this myself but i currently have no way to recover my Wii from a brick, as i don't have a large enough SD card to dump the NAND files from BootMii (getting one in a few days), and removing the hack from the card seems like it could.. cause issues.

D

Deleted-119707

Kleiner said:
My question is, can Bannerbomb be removed from the SD card after the hacking is all done? (Homebrew channel and everything is installed and all that good stuff) If it can, will the SD card menu work for loading games?

^ i would also like to know this.

also, i have the 4.0e bannerbomb hacked, everything is fine, i am now able to run backups, what files should there be on the root? im trying to clean up my sd card to save space and keep organised.

thanks a bunch.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course you can delete the bannerbomb, do you even remember why it was used..?? no..?? well it just ran the HBC installer, that was all its job, only open the backdoor
smile.gif

i.heart.piracy said:
Hey, I just recently updated to 4.0 from 3.4 using the Ultimate Guide. I'm currently running an NTSC Wii with all the goods (HBC, Backup Launcher, injected wads, etc.). I also installed both BootMii and Preloader for safety, as well as NeoGamma so I wouldn't have to juggle six different backup launchers.

After I updated I curiously was not able to run GC games, either on NeoGamma or on the regular GC channel. If I put a game in and try and run the launcher, I just get the launcher logo with a black screen and no instructions (Press A for autodetect, Y for NTSC, etc. etc.), and there's a white-ish bar across the top like it crashed or something. Then the Wii resets.

Any ideas on what to do? Am I maybe missing an IOS?

the cMIOS perhaps..!!
smile.gif

Saco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackEnigma said:
Saco said:
BlackEnigma said:
Saco said:
dcfcblues said:
Whats the best way to wipe our everything i've installed on the Wii? I want to start over from scratch.

I need the answer to this question too.

Also I would like to know:

1) Is it possible AND SAFE playing Backup games online?

2) Is it possible AND SAFE playing Original games online (while having all the installed modifications)?

3) Is it possible AND SAFE updating the Wii while having all the installed modifications?

1 and 2 are safe. It will be like nothing changed. Although if #2 wasn't safe then there is no way that #1 would be safe.
As for #3 it depends on which modifications that you have installed. If you just have cIOS installed then there won't be a problem with updating all the way to 4.0
I can't speak for updates that will come after 4.0 but they aren't here yet.
Where you might want to be careful with updating is if you have modifications that patch IOSes. It won't cause you harm you just won't have the functionality that you had.
If you have preloader on 3.2 and you update to 4.0, please don't think that preloader will still be there after you update.

Thank you for your nice explanation.

Now the original question, how can I cleanup my Wii and get it to the point it was before all the messing up? Please note that I didn't make any backup before.

I have installed BannerBomb, some cIOSes (even some I think I didn't need after all), Homebrew Channel (along with some apps, which go to the SD card, so I guess no problem here) and the USB Loader GX Forwarder.

Bannerbomb doesn't get installed to the Wii's nand. It is just the exploit that allows you to use an installer from scratch. You can delete it off of your SD card.
The Homebrew Channel can be uninstalled using the Hackmii Installer (if I am not mistaken). You can also just go to data management and delete it from channels. You can also use AnyTitleDeleter to remove the "HAXX" title.
Apps on your SD card are in fact on your SD card and not on your Wii.
For the USB Loader GX Forwarder just uninstall the wad using wad manager.

As for cIOS there really aren't that many cIOSes. There is the cIOS that is necessary to get the USB Loader to work. This is the work of Waninkoko. It has many revisions but they all install to IOS249. They replace each other so if you installed cIOS36 rev 9 and then later you installed cIOS38 rev 13b then you only have cIOS38 rev 13b installed to that IOS249 slot.
If you want to remove this cIOS all you have to do is use AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS249.
Other cIOSes are 202 and 222. These have been used for USB. I don't know if you have them installed but they can be removed the same way, remove them in AnyTitleDeleter.

And in case you are worried about removing an IOS, IOSes in the 200s are usually safe to remove because they aren't official IOSes. The highest official IOS is 61. Nintendo hasn't gotten any further than that.
You can see them here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History
I'm not sure if AnyTitleDeleter will even let you delete an important IOS such as the system menu IOS60 in 4.0 but I wouldn't try it either.

Thank you so much. I will email this post to myself, as I really don't want to lose all this info. Once again, thank you.

d2michael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just a few VERY general questions. I have an LU65, 4.0 system. My sd card reader is still in the mail, so I'm trying to figure everything out beforehand so I can install right away. My goal is to run games off of usb loader gx. Here goes.

1. I think figured out how to install bannerbomb, bootmii, and hbc
2. But after that, what do I do?

a)Do I install preloader .30?
b) Or do I install usb loader gx through hbc?
c)S hould I take any precautions since I'm using an LU65, 4.0 system?

Thanks in advance!

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Having installed cioscorp v2, and cios rev 13b, why would a backup give me "Error #001, unauthorized device has been detected"? I have gotten the discs to work with gamma r3, just wanted to know if there is anyway i can fix that?

Cpt-DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was rechecking the wii backup loader v3 compatibility list today when i saw that a particular game (little king story) that was working with some problems and for that had the yellow tag now has the green tag and doesnt seem to have any problems... I wanted to know if anyone had problems playing this with gamma 0.3. I have cIOS 7 or 10 (not sure about which one).

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a friend soft modded my Wii so i'm not completely sure what he did.... hence the questions

Q1 I'm currently running ios10 and have the 12 13 and 13b ios files in .dol format do i just load wad manager up and run the .dol file to upgrade? or how do i go about updating and downgrading the Wii ?

Q2 I'm running a 120 GB USB drive no issue, but when I try a different 320 GB drive the Wii doesnt recognise it... could it be the drive or the caddy? "320 Lacie Rugged"

Thanks for reading

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reddevilmeuk said:
Hi, a friend soft modded my Wii so i'm not completely sure what he did.... hence the questions

Q1 I'm currently running ios10 and have the 12 13 and 13b ios files in .dol format do i just load wad manager up and run the .dol file to upgrade? or how do i go about updating and downgrading the Wii ?

If you already have cIOS rev10 installed, then you don't need anything else, see the Ultimate 4.0 Guide if you wish to upgrade/downgrade. .dol files are to be executed with HBC or Bannerbomb, by the way.

Q2 I'm running a 120 GB USB drive no issue, but when I try a different 320 GB drive the Wii doesnt recognise it... could it be the drive or the caddy? "320 Lacie Rugged"

I'll let someone else answer this, because I don't have USB drive.

Thanks for reading

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, about a day ago, my Wii started crashing when I tried to reboot with hooks on Wii Backup Launcher 0.3. Today, I did a nand backup to a time where it was working, but when I tried to reboot with hooks, crash. I can still boot games from the backup launcher, but not the disc channel. It's not so much the fact that I can't boot from the disc channel that is bothering me, it's the fact that it was working perfectly a week ago. Any help is appreciated.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reddevilmeuk said:
thanks for replying, however isn't the reason to upgrade to 13 because some new games dont work????

Only if you want newer games to be compatible, otherwise you can just stick with 10 since USB won't work with many apps for some reason if you update it to 13b.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please answer my question on page 210 or 211 please i'll repeat it again...

is there a way to copy saves on wiimenu 4.0 it is not letting me copy guitar hero saves at all!?!

also what is the difference between this cios13a and cios13b?

and what do they do?

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question : Is there anything preventing a Softmoded Wii from running bannerbomb ?

Background: All the Wiis I have access to are 3.2 to 3.4, moded using Zelda, with Homebrew 1.0.1, cIOS36 rev10 & Hermes cIOS 222 v1.6. The guide looks very clear and I have tried bannerbomb v105 & v108 (including the extras) with no luck. Since the kid’s friends have seen usb loaders I believe it is only a matter of time before a child turns up with a virgin Wii (probably lu64+), a usb drive and an SD card they have bought with there own money. I thought I had better understand how to use bannerbomb so I wanted to know if I was probably just being a n**b, or if I can not practice on the hardware I have access to. (Hell hath no fury like the mother of a scorned child – to mis-quote !)

[EDIT 27 June 2009] bannerbomb worked exactly as described in the guide (to installing homebrew) on a non-Softmoded Wii. Thus my original problem has gone away because I have managed to practice. But I am still curious if anybody has any thoughts on my original problem, as it would be useful to know if I had to recover a Wii (where something was corrupted after the initial Softmod).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: