1. Realproductions

Newcomer

United States
    hi, I am trying to use my 500 gb hdd to store wii games and be able to play other files off of it like movies and music. i have partitioned my drive up in three parts. 1.WBFS 2. FAT32 3.macintosh extended journal. but i dont know how to access different partitions on the wii. some help would be nice!

2. Saberin

Saberin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks Black Enigma, worked perfectly.

Another question for the board, can I run the online features of WADs and junk?

3. i.heart.piracy

i.heart.piracy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    They should work fine. Although make sure the region of the wads / channels match the region of your Wii.

4. Kleiner

Kleiner Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, here I am with another question, one i haven't really seen any information pertaining to.

I'm running a 4.0u wii, softmodded through the Bannerbomb hack, and i have a question.

Included with 4.0, the SD card can now be used to load WiiWare games and Virtual console games directly from the SD card. However, with the bannerbomb hack on the SD card, it's not possible for games to be loaded in this way (as far as I can tell. loading the SD card from the data management option tries to boot Bannerbomb, and loading it from the shortcut on the system Menu crashes the Wii)

My question is, can Bannerbomb be removed from the SD card after the hacking is all done? (Homebrew channel and everything is installed and all that good stuff) If it can, will the SD card menu work for loading games?

I would just test this myself but i currently have no way to recover my Wii from a brick, as i don't have a large enough SD card to dump the NAND files from BootMii (getting one in a few days), and removing the hack from the card seems like it could.. cause issues.

5. ^ i would also like to know this.

also, i have the 4.0e bannerbomb hacked, everything is fine, i am now able to run backups, what files should there be on the root? im trying to clean up my sd card to save space and keep organised.

thanks a bunch.

6. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!
    Former Staff

Mexico
    Of course you can delete the bannerbomb, do you even remember why it was used..?? no..?? well it just ran the HBC installer, that was all its job, only open the backdoor [​IMG]

the cMIOS perhaps..!! [​IMG]

7. Saco

Saco Member
    Newcomer

Thank you so much. I will email this post to myself, as I really don't want to lose all this info. Once again, thank you.

8. d2michael

d2michael Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, just a few VERY general questions. I have an LU65, 4.0 system. My sd card reader is still in the mail, so I'm trying to figure everything out beforehand so I can install right away. My goal is to run games off of usb loader gx. Here goes.

1. I think figured out how to install bannerbomb, bootmii, and hbc
    2. But after that, what do I do?

a)Do I install preloader .30?
    b) Or do I install usb loader gx through hbc?
    c)S hould I take any precautions since I'm using an LU65, 4.0 system?

Thanks in advance!

9. infinete

infinete The Temp's cynic.

Having installed cioscorp v2, and cios rev 13b, why would a backup give me "Error #001, unauthorized device has been detected"? I have gotten the discs to work with gamma r3, just wanted to know if there is anyway i can fix that?

10. Cpt-DS

Cpt-DS Member
    Newcomer

I was rechecking the wii backup loader v3 compatibility list today when i saw that a particular game (little king story) that was working with some problems and for that had the yellow tag now has the green tag and doesnt seem to have any problems... I wanted to know if anyone had problems playing this with gamma 0.3. I have cIOS 7 or 10 (not sure about which one).

Thanks! [​IMG]

11. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    0.3 gamma was the best backup loader ive used when it came to compatibility never had a problem with any games

12. drSTRIFE

drSTRIFE Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Is it possible to check how many free blocks there are on the wii?

13. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    go to the wii data management
    you can see the free blocks at the bottom right

14. reddevilmeuk

reddevilmeuk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, a friend soft modded my Wii so i'm not completely sure what he did.... hence the questions

Q1 I'm currently running ios10 and have the 12 13 and 13b ios files in .dol format do i just load wad manager up and run the .dol file to upgrade? or how do i go about updating and downgrading the Wii ?

Q2 I'm running a 120 GB USB drive no issue, but when I try a different 320 GB drive the Wii doesnt recognise it... could it be the drive or the caddy? "320 Lacie Rugged"

Thanks for reading

15. Killer Phantom

Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States

16. reddevilmeuk

reddevilmeuk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks for replying, however isn't the reason to upgrade to 13 because some new games dont work????

17. asdf

asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, about a day ago, my Wii started crashing when I tried to reboot with hooks on Wii Backup Launcher 0.3. Today, I did a nand backup to a time where it was working, but when I tried to reboot with hooks, crash. I can still boot games from the backup launcher, but not the disc channel. It's not so much the fact that I can't boot from the disc channel that is bothering me, it's the fact that it was working perfectly a week ago. Any help is appreciated.

18. Killer Phantom

Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Only if you want newer games to be compatible, otherwise you can just stick with 10 since USB won't work with many apps for some reason if you update it to 13b.

19. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    can someone please answer my question on page 210 or 211 please i'll repeat it again...

is there a way to copy saves on wiimenu 4.0 it is not letting me copy guitar hero saves at all!?!

also what is the difference between this cios13a and cios13b?

and what do they do?

20. knuj_on

knuj_on Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Question : Is there anything preventing a Softmoded Wii from running bannerbomb ?

Background: All the Wiis I have access to are 3.2 to 3.4, moded using Zelda, with Homebrew 1.0.1, cIOS36 rev10 & Hermes cIOS 222 v1.6. The guide looks very clear and I have tried bannerbomb v105 & v108 (including the extras) with no luck. Since the kid’s friends have seen usb loaders I believe it is only a matter of time before a child turns up with a virgin Wii (probably lu64+), a usb drive and an SD card they have bought with there own money. I thought I had better understand how to use bannerbomb so I wanted to know if I was probably just being a n**b, or if I can not practice on the hardware I have access to. (Hell hath no fury like the mother of a scorned child – to mis-quote !)

[EDIT 27 June 2009] bannerbomb worked exactly as described in the guide (to installing homebrew) on a non-Softmoded Wii. Thus my original problem has gone away because I have managed to practice. But I am still curious if anybody has any thoughts on my original problem, as it would be useful to know if I had to recover a Wii (where something was corrupted after the initial Softmod).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,