1. reddevilmeuk

reddevilmeuk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    im really really confussed now cios revisions | hackmii | preloader argh

all i know is that my system is 3.2 cios rev 10 (as i can run usb loaders) and i have the homebrew channel and have preloader installed (i can boot into it by pressing the reset button on boot)

issue 1
    i would like to upgrade to rev 13 so i can play games like ghostbusters, but dont know what i need

issue 2
    the homebrew channel keeps prompting me to update. when i download the file i get an error saying something like "Why does the installer say "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"

issue 3
    what exactly is a wad file.... i gather dol files are apps at least

please help as im a n00b to wii stuff and very confused

2. drSTRIFE

drSTRIFE Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    How do I update the Homebrew channel? Can I just install over the old version with the homebrew channel installer in hackmii?

3. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've put an honest disc into my Wii, and even though I'm using system menu 4.0, it's asking for a system update. How do I get around this?

4. sam425

sam425 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have A LU64 Wii with FW 3.4u and it is soft modded but im not allowed to use CIOSCORP backup loaders can anyone tell me some noncios loaders

5. masdeeper

masdeeper GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Anyone knows how to install games directly to an SD card without installing them into the Wii internal memory first? I'm planning to buy a 32gb SD card and install lot's of games [​IMG]

6. wiimanizer

wiimanizer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    topic: problem with boom blox: BP and forcing ntsc on little king's story

as posted in the 'wii - hacking' section outside the 'NOOB PARASIDE' thread...anyway, please need help here?

7. jackdanielchan

jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Can anybody help me, I was in the middle of COD5 online (backup/pirate copy whatever...) on my Wiikey v1 Chipped Wii and when I was in the middle of choosing through the menus after the match round, the screen flashed the screen went black and I got a disc read error. From that point on, all games I put in my drive, backups and original copies, seem to give me a DRE, sometimes some games load for half a minute or so and then give me another DRE and some just give me a DRE after I put a game in, there's some misterious clicking noises sometimes. I've used the official lens cleaner and it didn't help, any suggestions?

8. Varna

Varna Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Horray, another stupid problem!

So, I have a japanese WW wad that I've been trying to get working. I've used wwPacker to make it regionfree, but the channel simply launches and goes straight back to the system menu. Any idea why?

9. jackdanielchan

Maybe a bad installation? Use starfall, starpatch or preloader and enable regionfree wads, it's much easier to use and less hassel.

10. toh_yxes

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

i am new to wii hacking. I just installed Homebrew Channel through Bannerbomb, and a few programs including Wad Manager. Whenever I try to install a Wad though, it comes up with an error, and i have looked all over the Internet for what to do and they say to Softmod my Wii.
    1. WTF is Softmodding?
    2. How do I do it?
    3. Will this actually let me install Wads?
    Which brings me to the main point, should I Softmod my Wii?
    Also, what the heck is a CIOS or an IOS?

11. jackdanielchan

Softmodding, is practically modding your Wii similar to a chip without the need for one. It will allow you to install custom ios, themes, wads and play backups. The best way to Softmod is by downloading Softmii and a tutorial is found in the package. It should let you install wads, but all you need is to install a certain IOS I'm not to sure myself. CIOS and IOS are basically keys, used to play games and use feautres and whatnot. I'm not to sure myself, but I regularly update, to stay up to date with everything.

12. toh_yxes

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

awesome. thanks for the info. so this means I should do it?I mean softmod my Wii?

13. jackdanielchan

I highly recommend doing so, just be careful when installing everything, and make sure you have bootmii or preloader because you can brick. However, if you can wait, Softmii 3.0 is being released soon, if not have fun!

14. toh_yxes

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

just quickly, does this work on system menu 4.0...

15. WizardOfOdd

WizardOfOdd Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Would anyone mind taking a look at this USB HDD and telling me if it's any good to use with any of the Wii USB loaders?

And also, what's the current state of the USB loaders? Are they running most things? I can run pretty much anything (including Indy and Ghostbusters) from disc at the moment so is it worth switching to USB?

Thanks!!

16. jackdanielchan

Softmodding should work on 4.0. However some themes need editing or changing to 4.0 or you need specific 4.0 themes.

17. Varna

Varna Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, after about an hour and a half of screwing around getting preloader set up, the wad still refuses to work. Boots me back to the preloader screen. :S Is there some sort of specific patch I need to run it through or should I just be able to install the wad as is?

18. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!
    Former Staff

Mexico
    you lack of the IOS needed by the WW...!! [​IMG]

19. rom_hunter

rom_hunter Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi guys, i'm new here.
    Obviously my post reflects my noobity, so here's my question:

I have a wii with custom 4.0 updater, preloader and hbc.
    After, I have installed CIOScorp (in which I had to reinstall preloader as a result).
    However, I now want to uninstall CIOScorp, because I have never used a backup from the disc channel (only originals have been through there).
    I have searched all over GOOGLE and there are so many different methods I don't know which to trust. I am looking for a reply from someone who has done it properly and so can guide me through (or better yet, make a guide, since I feel there are more people out there like me).

So, considering the condition of my wii - how do you uninstall CIOScorp - it is the last thing installed.

Note: I wish to maintain everything else, such as the custom 4.0, preloader and hbc, unless a sacrifice must be made (in which I hope hbc isnt one of them)

20. Cpt-DS

Cpt-DS Member
    Newcomer

Does anyone know if one piece unlimited cruise 1 (pal) is working with gamma on PAL wii's? Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,